Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Benetton Rugby (h)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 5:55pm
That’s a weaker team from last week by Benetton. 8 changes in the starting XV.
Sponsored Links

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I saw that there were, at least, 6 changes from the team that beat Cardiff Blues last week. It's 8 then. 

We do not want to underestimate this Benetton team. It really does not suit us.

Let's just get the win tomorrow. 

OBC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 9:04pm
They’re a physical well drilled unit. Not sure of their strength in depth. Maybe gambling with a weaker team (for a game they may not expect to win) in a bid to keep first choice key players fresh for home games.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 9:41pm
It seems a fairly general strategy now- teams bank on their best sides for the home matches, and hope for a couple of away wins against perceived weaker sides. If it works it may well get you to the play-offs, depending on who you are down to play during the international periods. the strength of your squad and luck with injuries. Hopefully our squad will be strong enough to challenge in most away matches. 
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2018 at 2:00am
5 points tomorrow and 4 next week will get us back on track..
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2018 at 6:17am
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I saw that there were, at least, 6 changes from the team that beat Cardiff Blues last week. It's 8 then. 

We do not want to underestimate this Benetton team. It really does not suit us.

Let's just get the win tomorrow. 

I can see a few teams looking at the Scarlets away fixture and thinking... ‘ might be a fixture to give the broader squad a run out’...

Quite delicious how far we’ve come in 3 years....there was a time we were a game to target bois bach.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2018 at 6:25am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Our old friend Lloyd Linton is back, not a Shingler in sight this time so hopefully all goes smoothly...

Beat me to it
Scarlets before Wales
spinner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2018 at 10:06am
Benetton doing an Ospreys.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

It seems a fairly general strategy now- teams bank on their best sides for the home matches, and hope for a couple of away wins against perceived weaker sides. If it works it may well get you to the play-offs, depending on who you are down to play during the international periods. the strength of your squad and luck with injuries. Hopefully our squad will be strong enough to challenge in most away matches. 

I think that's a good summary of the way teams are looking at their fixtures - the O's capitulation to Munster yesterday was a good example. Scarlets are so strong ATM that we should be looking to win every game, home or away, unless the injury problems get even worse - we seem to be coping just now despite so many top players being unavailable.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

I think that's a good summary of the way teams are looking at their fixtures - the O's capitulation to Munster yesterday was a good example. Scarlets are so strong ATM that we should be looking to win every game, home or away, unless the injury problems get even worse - we seem to be coping just now despite so many top players being unavailable.

We pretty much did the same last season against Edingburgh away and got smashed, so I don't think we have the same depth as Leinster yet, but agree we are stronger than last year. Difference is We have put our strongest available team out for three weekends on the trot now, where the O's decided to rest. It will be interesting to see what happens on the 6th of October against then and for the rest of the season. We will probably rest a few next week against connauggt away and kings at home, the look to build up to Europe.

Edited by Havard Fan - 15 September 2018 at 1:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic