Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Ospreys (h)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

ClapClapClap

Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Anyone can tell me the fans forum (i.e. ScarletFever equiv) of the [beep]spreys? I want to read what tosh they are saying about the game.

It truly doesn't matter, leave them in their own little feathery world. At the end of the day we won, and should of won by a lot more. If Nige No Cards had gone to his pocket when he should we would of run riot. As it was we had them buy the gonads from 35 minutes onwards and were beginning to squeeze, it was only the ref and them giving away penalties as a defence that saved them what could of been quite an embarrassing score line at the end of the day.

They are a mediocre team with mediocre ambitions typified by them sending lambs to the slaughter in Munster (i'd be disgusted if we ever did that). If they want to believe that the ref lost them that game, brilliant because it masks over how poor they really were from 35 minutes onwards and all this hohar about AWJ and Tips, well we won that game up front, we comprehensively out muscled them.

Check out our team last season for Edinburgh away then

You realise that we had semi final of europe the following week, judgement day the week after then our home 1/4 final? it was more of less a dud game. Thats not sending the lambs to slaughter 

Precisely, we didn't not send our first team because we didn't think we had a chance of winning, we sent our second team because we had bigger fish to fry. We were already guaranteed a play off place.

Enough double negatives for Derek Bevan to be proud of.
https://youtu.be/4rG-vYJc1jw?t=5
ClapClapClap

Ha brilliant, I made the same analogy as I was reading it back but then didn't not have the will or inclination to change it!

The fact is we still did the same and got hammered on that weekend and the following in Dublin so who's to know we wouldn't have performed better by playing our top boys in Edinburgh. Would also have gotten us a home semi forcing Leinster to play the additional game which might have had a different outcome. All if's of course.
Sponsored Links

Maple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 6:21pm
Is it me, or is Sam Davies vastly overrated?
I have never seen an outside half kick a ball so much. In the game against us last saturday he passed the ball once and kicked it the rest of the time.
Scott is going to be starved of the quality ball that Patch was supplying.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Is it me, or is Sam Davies vastly overrated?
I have never seen an outside half kick a ball so much. In the game against us last saturday he passed the ball once and kicked it the rest of the time.
Scott is going to be starved of the quality ball that Patch was supplying.

He's not overrated, as he wasn't among the 60 or so players invited by Gatland prior to this year's AIs. So he must be behind Patch and Anscombe at least, and maybe Jarrod Evans (not sure if he was in the 60). He is an excellent kicker, BUT because he is and knows it, it tends to be his first thought. He does need to develop his running/passing game more to come into contention for Wales.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 7:58pm
I understand Jarrod Evans was in that group of invitees.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 11:33pm
Bit worried about Patchells head injury again TBH. Thought he was knocked out cold and really surprised he came back on. That's in addition to a nasty concussion against Ulster. Hopefully he's ok.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2018 at 1:54am
I just want to say, I really don't like the Jackspreys!

I love it when we beat them, love it! (Inner Keegan)

So blessed to be a Scarlet!
Scarlets before Wales
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2018 at 8:21am
Would it help to have officials from other countries appointed to the derby weekends so neutrality is retained, without sacrificing quality?

It’s good for welsh officials to experience the heat and special battles of a welsh derby, however, after a while it gets a bit same. They’d be far better off elsewhere doing an Irish/Scots/Italian or even an SA derby.

Nigel, Ian Davies and Ben Whitehouse have all done lots of welsh derbies, however Craig Evans May not yet have done so. How about letting the other three go elsewhere in the fixture list and give a welsh derby to Craig?

At times last Sat, I found myself thinking, “Where’s George Clancy when you need him?”

Edited by Eastern outpost - 11 October 2018 at 8:27am
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
diego6754 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2018 at 12:54pm

ClapClapClap

Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Anyone can tell me the fans forum (i.e. ScarletFever equiv) of the [beep]spreys? I want to read what tosh they are saying about the game.

It truly doesn't matter, leave them in their own little feathery world. At the end of the day we won, and should of won by a lot more. If Nige No Cards had gone to his pocket when he should we would of run riot. As it was we had them buy the gonads from 35 minutes onwards and were beginning to squeeze, it was only the ref and them giving away penalties as a defence that saved them what could of been quite an embarrassing score line at the end of the day.

They are a mediocre team with mediocre ambitions typified by them sending lambs to the slaughter in Munster (i'd be disgusted if we ever did that). If they want to believe that the ref lost them that game, brilliant because it masks over how poor they really were from 35 minutes onwards and all this hohar about AWJ and Tips, well we won that game up front, we comprehensively out muscled them.

Check out our team last season for Edinburgh away then

You realise that we had semi final of europe the following week, judgement day the week after then our home 1/4 final? it was more of less a dud game. Thats not sending the lambs to slaughter 

Precisely, we didn't not send our first team because we didn't think we had a chance of winning, we sent our second team because we had bigger fish to fry. We were already guaranteed a play off place.

Enough double negatives for Derek Bevan to be proud of.
https://youtu.be/4rG-vYJc1jw?t=5
ClapClapClap

Ha brilliant, I made the same analogy as I was reading it back but then didn't not have the will or inclination to change it!

The fact is we still did the same and got hammered on that weekend and the following in Dublin so who's to know we wouldn't have performed better by playing our top boys in Edinburgh. Would also have gotten us a home semi forcing Leinster to play the additional game which might have had a different outcome. All if's of course.

Regardless of results we rested players for a very different reason. We rested players because we had bigger challenges to come, it had already been a long season and we were just coming off the six nations. That is very different to resting players 4th match of the season because you have identified the game as one that you are unlikely to win. In the same situation....ie fourth match of the season we would of gone loaded aiming to bring back some points. This is where Pivac and Stevo have been brilliant in transforming our team culture. If that is the message that comes across from the coaches, how can you expect to be successful, it manifests failure, it's throwing the towel in on your season before the first bell has even gone. I would of sort of understood if Munster were in a different conference to them!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2018 at 2:06pm
In response to Diego... I agree... it's not as if Munster were the fearsome beasts of yore, either - Paul O'Connell is gone, and they are weaker than they have been for a long time... a full strength side may well have won. 

They ran up the white flag - end of.
(Ivan Turgenev)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2018 at 3:10pm
Munster are a better team this season than last with two very good acquisitions in Carbery & Beirne tho they have lost Zebo. I think their pack are a real handful with class half backs when Connor gets fit. For me I still think we have an edge in midfield but they would give us a hell of a game. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Munster are a better team this season than last with two very good acquisitions in Carbery & Beirne tho they have lost Zebo. I think their pack are a real handful with class half backs when Connor gets fit. For me I still think we have an edge in midfield but they would give us a hell of a game. 

I'm not convinced - they have already lost all three away games convincingly to Glasgow, Blues and Leinster... so unless they picked weak sides (putting a question mark against their strength in depth) versus full strength opponents, I doubt that they currently have what it takes. Ospreys really missed a chance for a famous away win, IMO, in picking a second squad.
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic