Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Saracens (a)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Tough ask with Sarries fielding a very strong side with their internationals away and a very young, inexperienced Scarlets squad. Hopefully some of them will step up and show some promise for the future. Best of luck lads, and do us proud.

Lets hope the ones that step up don't get snapped up! ShockedWinkLOL
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 4:04pm
It should be no contest but lets see what gems emerge -they always do Smile
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by rhys763 rhys763 wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Regarding Adam Jamieson, this is now on the Scarlets website -

"The Scarlets have also brought in a young prop talent on loan from Bath, Adam Jamieson who will be on the bench following the call-ups of Samson Lee, Rhodri Jones to Wales and with Deacon Manu out long-term with a fractured arm, Jacobie Adriaanse recovering from injury (shoulder) and Horatiu Pungea on international duty with Romania."

Croeso Adam, and hope you enjoy your spell in the Scarlet family.

Spot on regarding Dan Thomas Pearl Jam, huge test for the lad.

How long is Adam Jamieson likely to stay? Tighthead props Rhodri Jones, Samson Lee, Jacobie Adriaanse, Deacon Manu, Horatiu Pungea, Ben Leung and Ian Jones are all contracted until the end of the season as far as I know. Surely, he [Adam Jamieson] is not needed once Horatiu Pungea, Rhodri Jones and Samson Lee are back from international duty. Why sign him in the first place? Why not put Ben Leung on the bench?
With Adam Jones out for the rest of the autumn internationals, Samson and Rhodri are two players that we will not see in the short term.
Jacobie Adriaanse is out injured - not sure how long for.
Deacon Manu is out long term.
Pungea wont come back for another 3 weeks or so as he is on international duty.

Then we are down to Ben Leung / Ian Jones / Aled Hopkins for the next month or more.
he is only a loan signing, so i think he is just a 3 month signing or so depending on injuries of course.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 4:55pm
  There his also Jevan Sebastian who at 18 ,his very highly rated .

Horatio his back for Leinster ,I think ?
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

I agree with you about Rhodri Owain I would prefer him at loose head.
Just been thinking about Sunday and to be honest it looks like Dock Stars away to the All Blacks.

Should be a close game then! Now if you'd said Llanelli Wanderers v All Blacks I would be worried.
top of division 5 isn't much to boast about boys
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 6:09pm
Thats a shocking team
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

Thats a shocking team
agreed,not quite as weak as the team we put out against the dragqueens,a few yrs ago,but still horrendously inexperienced.could be a very long 80 mins on sunday.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 6:53pm
i would like to watch this match, good luck for all the new prospects...go Scarlets!
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 7:21pm
This is the sort of side that Easterby  should have picked for the first of the pre-season friendlies, and no-one would have complained.  He took about 4 games to realize that Sanjay was the best full-back in the club, and about 20 to realize that  Turnbull is not a 7 and god knows how many to give Timani a shot at 8. I have very little faith in his selections. Most of the players selected against a strong Saracens side have never played together before, and haven't got the experience to overcome that disadvantage however skillful  they are. All the best boys, keep on tackling and putting pressure on them right to the end.
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 9:00pm
I picked us to win before the team was picked, I don't suppose Sal will let me change my mind.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 9:50pm
I want the boys to win 3-0 in drab awful kicking game where we kick poorly in a game where every scrum goes down we lose every line out Josh drops every ball the centres at like they've never played before and the wings are as slow as A tortoise with broken feet. That way no one will poach any of our players. Come on boys win but be bloody awful.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 10:13pm
Disappointed with the team selection but will be there to support the players whether they win or lose! Smile
"YMA O HYD"
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 10:44pm
Saracens have a decent set of half backs, Charlie at 10 is no mug and is enjoying his time at Saracens. The rest of the back line I will be bold enough to say does not worry me. There pack however is a different matter. Very strong with quality forwards on the bench as well. Can't comment on the young Sarries prop but the SA is very good technically, there hooker is highly regarded even if he does look as if he always carries a pound or two. There 2nd row is a worry. Hargraves the SA is probably their form player this season and very physical in the Jake Ball way. Again don't know much about their 6 but many have wanted to see how Dan Thomas will cope playing with grown ups!! Be carefully what you wish for! Berger, Wray and co. May give him a baptism of fire. I ate humble pie a couple of weeks ago by Timani's performance, but at least he had a decent forward platform to work off. Want to be proven wrong again but on the backfoot can only see Dan struggle in this level of physicality.
We all had Doctor's papers!
Scarlets4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlets4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 10:52pm
Is it bad that I don't know who half of these players are? 
Confused

Good luck to them all though, nice to see Rob starting. Who is Ian Jones, can't find anything about him? Who does he even play for?

Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 11:24pm
Quite a number of them are premiership players either with Llanelli, Llandovery or Quins and prop Ian Jones used to play for Llanelli RFC but is now with Quins!
"YMA O HYD"
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 11:43pm
Tough game in prospect. Good for experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic