Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets travelling fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets travelling fans
    Posted: 19 January 2020 at 11:11am
I have to have a mention for the travelling fans last night . They were truly amazing . The feedback from the players to the fans during the game is something you don't often see . The singing was outstanding and it was a pleasure to be there and be a part of . I say bring on Toulon . 
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 11:59am
Best best experience I've had has always been following the Scarlets on the road .....simply incredible.  

But this generation of supporters are something else tbh.......for me man for man and lady for lady the best and most vocal supporters in World rugby.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Best best experience I've had has always been following the Scarlets on the road .....simply incredible.  

But this generation of supporters are something else tbh.......for me man for man and lady for lady the best and most vocal supporters in World rugby.
That was some display by the travelling supporters,  volume and quality of singing, on another level. Very moving. Felt sorry for the LI chaps on the drums, overwhelmed. Brad looked quite emotional. Well done all.
Joshua24:15
Devonscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devonscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 12:36pm
I was unable to make it to reading yesterday and am really disappointed now that I wasn't there to be a part of a great evening. My thanks though go out to all that attended and for all their vocal efforts to encourage the team to produce the result they did. We may not win every game, we may not have experienced success in lifting the champions cup trophy to date but.... being a part of this great club and scarlets culture is what makes it all worth while and no amount of success experienced by any other club could replace that feeling of pride and passion that we all share. In that department we are certainly world leaders and I hold faith that the rest will come one day. Ymlaen Scarlets! 
DevonScarlet
Highburyscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highburyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 12:38pm
I took a friend of mine who's from Rotherhithe. She commented on the lack of LI supporters.  As she said even though they were out the numbers were woeful as when I invited her I did tell here we could be out as well. She was overwhelmed by the atmosphere and camaraderie of our supporters and was left with the strong impression that even if were out before kick off the same numbers would have turned up. Awe inspiring is how she describes  us incidentally love The Rugby Papers headline  "Out Of Jail Scarlets Enjoy Freedom By Thumping Exiles"Clap

Edited by Highburyscarlet - 19 January 2020 at 12:39pm
once more into the breach
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 1:09pm
Even the bus on way back to Reading town centre was rocking after the game fantastic night best fans in World sport😃no argument. LI fans couldn’t believe the atmosphere created and the fact we had so many supporters on what could have been a dead rubber. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Devonscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devonscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 1:32pm
I'm also very pleased that cameras were facing fans and focused on them throughout the game. It's a fantastic advert to  encourage more active scarlets fans for anyone watching on tv. 
DevonScarlet
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 1:41pm
Amazing fans and how good was Cassiem at the end? ❤️
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

first time I met you was London irish away when that 10 foot leprechaun was under the stand ,.
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 3:19pm
So glad we went even though we thought it might be a dead rubber.  From the moment we arrived you could sense it was going to be special.  The bar, Jaz Cafe, was rammed with Scarlet supporters lured in for a curry and  pint; sea of red and in good voice.  It got even better inside the ground. Some of the players said afterwards that it sounded like a home game and they weren't wrong. We even got to the ref, after 10 minutes or so things started going our way!  Very special evening, the joy on players and backroom staff faces obvious.  Bring on Toulon.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 3:20pm
Well done everyone. Gwyn Jones and Mike Phillips were very complimentary in commentary. Da iawn ymdrech ardderchog.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
dyniol53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 3:56pm
was cracking 🇹🇷 

Must’ve been 1,500 scarlets there last night?

Bring on Toulon in the ☀️ 
Scarlet Fever on Find a Player // https://go.findplay.it/EXokEGBxr3
SantMirren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SantMirren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 5:55pm

Bois (a genod) bach - I'm not strictly a Scarlets devotee but I watched the London Irish game on S4C last night and I'm still in awe at the singing that lasted throughout the game. No other club (rugby or otherwise) in Wales can come anywhere near that - it was immense! Da iawn pawb!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by SantMirren SantMirren wrote:

Bois (a genod) bach - I'm not strictly a Scarlets devotee but I watched the London Irish game on S4C last night and I'm still in awe at the singing that lasted throughout the game. No other club (rugby or otherwise) in Wales can come anywhere near that - it was immense! Da iawn pawb!
Thanks for sharing. Much appreciated.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Dylan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dylan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by SantMirren SantMirren wrote:

Bois (a genod) bach - I watched the London Irish game on S4C last night and I'm still in awe at the singing that lasted throughout the game. No other club (rugby or otherwise) in Wales can come anywhere near that - it was immense! Da iawn pawb!

This.

From the television coverage it looked like the ground was pretty empty (fewer fans than in the Liberty) but from the noise you would think it was a full house at the Parc.  It must have been a huge boost for the players, da iawn i chi gyd!
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 8:24pm
Just had this e mail from the Chairman of the LI Supporters Trust. It was addressed to CRYS16. Thought I'd share it with you all. The first paragraph is very complimentary !!!

Well played last night.
You taught us a lesson on the pitch and a singing lesson off it. You and your fellow supporters created the best atmosphere that we have had at the Madejski for some time.
 Thank you so very much for the penant, I spoke to the president of London Irish during the game, relationships with other Supporters Clubs is an area where we and the rugby club want to be far more proactive.
Good luck in Toulon, " Les Bulls" were extremely welcoming to us, it is a tough place to go and play though.
Rest assured we will be more organised next time we meet.
Best wishes for the rest of the season.
Maybe the Champions Cup next time. We live and dream.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic