Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v Leicester match thread ..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

The only thing that concerned me was us forcing the game at tines with high risk long floating passes. Along the back line which were not needed. However overall a huge improvement by the lads 👍

Agreed, with a little more "killer instinct" we'd have beaten those Tigers 45-0. Even allowing for the standard of the opposition, I'm amazed at the difference in attitude, pace and aggression of our boys compared to recent performances. I'd love to have heard how the coaches and players have manged this transformation. Perhaps having Ken captaining from 8 is also significant with no-one showing  more passion for the Scarlets than he.

I think there’s one main culprit with the floaters. Dangerous game.
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 7:31pm
A word of praise for David Bullbring. Outstanding committment as the only first team second row still standing he has played the full 80 minutes for most of the season and will probably have to keep doing for the remainder. If we loose him to injury we'll be up the creek without a paddle.🤗🤗

Edited by greypower1 - 13 January 2019 at 7:31pm
Keep the faith
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

A word of praise for David Bullbring. Outstanding committment as the only first team second row still standing he has played the full 80 minutes for most of the season and will probably have to keep doing for the remainder. If we loose him to injury we'll be up the creek without a paddle.🤗🤗
Good shout. Clap
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 8:04pm
Well said, I’ve always been impressed with Bullbring. He invariably always plays the 80 minutes, is usually near the top in the tackle count and has very good hands and a great pass - his pass to Patchell to start off last seasons Champions Cup try of the season for Tadgh was outstanding for a second row.
I hope he stays injury free for the remainder of the season as he will have a big part to play in our run in.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Bbc reporting the only reason we won was because Leicster were missing their 4 internationals. Nothing mentioned about our missing players halfpenny, foxy, patch, ball, shingler, cassiem, blade. Shocking reporting once afain.

Where is that report? It doesn't say that on the BBC Wales rugby site.

Bbc sports app
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 11:16am

its nice seeing some fringe/youngster getting game time and showing up well. josh helps/dan davis/keiron hardy all playing well and showing up in pro14 and also Europe. all good for the future.

was also impressed by dai bulbring and ed kennedy both played their socks off on Saturday. where we would be without dai I don't know with the injuries we have had.

thought Cawdor was far more sharp and his services was better, maybe someone has had a word in his ear.

steff evs and dan jones also showed what they bring to us, not all players are perfect but both are passionate about playing for us and would certainly not let either go.

johnie mac had a good game, people criticise his commitment should watch the amount of work he does off the ball and the covering back. Really hope he stays. Whilst his buddy fonotia has been excellent for us, he always makes yards and is very dynamic and good distributor. Similar with paul asquith, always makes yards and has ability to make something happen.

Front row were good too, all 3 putting their hands up with tight and loose play (nice to see rob back to rob!).

In all happy, we didn’t let leicester play for 60mins. They may say its their 2nds team but none of the english club sides have weak squads.

last of all Ken is Ken......Scarlets legend!

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

its nice seeing some fringe/youngster getting game time and showing up well. josh helps/dan davis/keiron hardy all playing well and showing up in pro14 and also Europe. all good for the future.

was also impressed by dai bulbring and ed kennedy both played their socks off on Saturday. where we would be without dai I don't know with the injuries we have had.

thought Cawdor was far more sharp and his services was better, maybe someone has had a word in his ear.

steff evs and dan jones also showed what they bring to us, not all players are perfect but both are passionate about playing for us and would certainly not let either go.

johnie mac had a good game, people criticise his commitment should watch the amount of work he does off the ball and the covering back. Really hope he stays. Whilst his buddy fonotia has been excellent for us, he always makes yards and is very dynamic and good distributor. Similar with paul asquith, always makes yards and has ability to make something happen.

Front row were good too, all 3 putting their hands up with tight and loose play (nice to see rob back to rob!).

In all happy, we didn’t let leicester play for 60mins. They may say its their 2nds team but none of the english club sides have weak squads.

last of all Ken is Ken......Scarlets legend!

Can't disagree with any of that. My only question is where have they been all season!!!!! You win things by being consistently good not  hit and miss. If we have aspirations to compete with the likes of Munster, Leinster, Racing & Saracens then we have to develop the consistent levels of intensity and aggression in our performances. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 11:40am
totally agree GPR! totally agree. just don't know where its been. there are some mitigating reason as in the depth of injuries we have suffered. coaches heads turned with their new jobs, uncertainty of whats happening with players futures (wru meetings with regions for funding).  I even think the coaches have tried to change the way we play but that hasn't worked.

we just seemed to be a lot happier as a squad on Saturday and if a great weight has been lifted off their shoulders. BUT, lets see if we keep that up on Saturday, if we show the same levels of intensity there is no reason why cant at least scare racing!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 1:11pm
Personally I think we have changed the way we play, we aren’t scoring from turnover broken play anymore but having to score from structured phase play. We have struggled with it as it takes time to change and the forwards haven’t been quite up to the mark for it. Since the o’s game the forwards have held into the ball gave us plenty of possession and we’ve played the majority of the 80mins in opposing teams half yet we couldn’t get through, I put some of the blame with the Parkes at 10 myself. Dragons game we started to make some breakthrough but with the poor form of foxy and Parkes struggled to what should have been a bp win. Then the tigers game where we had players all back in their positions and put it all together. Asquith and Fonotia are my centres until the others can show why they should start ahead of them. Ken’s passion really is second to none, got to me when he scored that try. This could well be our turning point and I think we can give racing a good game now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic