Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v Leinster thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by joni_bach joni_bach wrote:

]Well the officials are two Ulstermen and two Munstermen so we might be okay.

They are all employed by the same organisation. The IRFU own the 4 x provinces. The IRFU pay the players. The IRFU pay the Irish officials.

Still, some will tell us to shut up and get on with it as per usual.

The league doesn't do itself any favours when this happens. Yes, you want to believe that the officials will be scrupulously fair in their decision making but, on the other hand, there's always that tiny doubt from me that it is in their employer's interest to get as many teams getting a home play-off tie as possible.

Hope they play it fair.

I saw the full official list for the weekend elsewhere, they are flying in two SA refs for matches in Wales this weekend, couldn't one of those swapped with the ref for our game?
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 4:04pm
Anyone got a spare day they’re not doing anything to do a list of games, the refs, and the results from this season and last.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 5:15pm
As expected, only Cubby and Elias released. Really could have done with Wyn back at least but not to be.
NorthWalianScarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthWalianScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 5:18pm
We need to win this. Huge game for us. I bet the players are eager to put last week's performance behind them and bounce back.

Will John Barclay be back for this game?
NorthWalianScarlets
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 6:00pm
I am relaxed, with Leinster losing last weekend also it nullified the full effect of our loss in in Treviso.

Not expecting us to win, but as long as we are within 4 by the time Ulster and Leinter come to the Parc, then i will be happy.

One good point is we normally have a good reaction after any poor performances under these coaches.
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 7:25pm
Biggest disappointment was not picking up a bp in treviso. We need a performance and any sort of points in dublin.
Edinburgh and ulster have quite similar run ins so maybe hoping for a edinburgh win with no bps.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 9:51pm
It’s just a case of which team reacts best to an unexpected loss last weekend. Leinster players looked shocked at the final whistle in Edinburgh but I’m sure that they too will be determined to get back to winning ways, just like us. I’m a little concerned that we have only had 2 players released from camp WRU, and expect the IRU to release more than that to Leinster as they seem to put a greater emphasis on their provinces doing well.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 11:06pm
Would have thought Wyn would also have been released but I suppose we have to be grateful Cubby and Ryan are available for us!
"YMA O HYD"
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 11:33pm
Wyn jones has played 60 mins of very intense rugby over the last 2 weeks. I think he is a valuable player coming off the bench for wales and im sure they would not want to risk him getting injured. after nicky smith who do wales have ? I completely understand not releasing props unless they have to.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I am relaxed, with Leinster losing last weekend also it nullified the full effect of our loss in in Treviso.

Not expecting us to win, but as long as we are within 4 by the time Ulster and Leinter come to the Parc, then i will be happy.

One good point is we normally have a good reaction after any poor performances under these coaches.

That last part is a good point.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 11:32am
Thought we were well in with a chance of topping our conference particularly after the Edinburgh win but we blew that on Sunday. We really must now aim for 2nd minimum so we get a home play off quarter. With Leinster's run in top will be beyond us. Home quarter against Cheetahs is probable. All of that, of course, depends on us proving that last Sunday was a blip.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 12:23pm
From a financial point of view, a home quarter final playoff spot (for 2nd place) would mean an extra home game which isn’t part of the season ticket. This would mean another bumper pay day for the club and may be the difference between signing another play or two.
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 12:47pm
Here's Wayne's interview about Benneton and the way forward:

The Scarlets’ Guinness PRO14 challenge continues in Dublin on Saturday where they take on Conference B table-toppers Leinster.

Pivac’s side will be desperate to bounce back from their sub-par display in Treviso last weekend when they were well beaten, 22-12, by Benetton.

“We have had a good talk about where we are as a group,” said the New Zealander.

“We are a little bit different from where we were this time last season because we had the likes of Aaron Shingler and Hadleigh Parkes and some senior players who ran the forwards and backs. We are a lot younger in terms of leadership.

“It has been rammed into them after last weekend’s performance that we can’t just take the field and expect to win.

“It takes a lot of work to churn out these results.”

Joshua24:15
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 1:47pm
Wise words which really make me wonder what has happened with Emyr, a natural born leader. It doesn't bode well. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 8:32pm
You can't turn followers into leaders in a week. If they are leaders now they are unlikely ever to be leaders. We are doomed in Dublin 🤕
Keep the faith
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 8:34pm
Should have read aren't not are.
Keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic