Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v Saracens Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:09pm
Well we haven't lost at home this campaign so that is a step forward. 

2 game changers for me. 

Dan's DG attempt. Good idea but needs more thought and planning. Forwards needed to drive us close to their line. And then we needed a quick delivery from Aled when the defence is reforming and on the back  foot.

We had the ball in a driving maul with less than 2 mins to go, yet failed to get the ball to ground and so conceded a T/o. It was stupid to give away the penalty. We knew that they had to score a try so leave them have it and get in the defensive line. If we'd has someone like AWJ at the end we'd have seen it out.

Edited by ap sior - 15 January 2017 at 4:12pm
Sponsored Links

totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:16pm
If that drop had gone over we'd have won. We have to do our best to hang on to the rest of the squad now. We have the makings of a very good team. I hope this european campaign is a staging post on the way to better times.
I've seen the truth ... and I don't understand it!
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:28pm
I've got nothing but positives for this team.

Another huge shift in defence.

Dan has stepped in at no 10 and has not looked out of place. And his kicking has been excellent.
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:31pm
The DG attempt wasn't the problem with that passage of play the problem was failing to chase the drop out return.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

If that drop had gone over we'd have won. We have to do our best to hang on to the rest of the squad now. We have the makings of a very good team. I hope this european campaign is a staging post on the way to better times.
Farrell missed 2 sitters so that sought of cancels each other out.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:35pm

When the dust settles and the pain eases we will see nothing but positives from this and our European campaign as a whole.

We have beaten one European champion and deserved more than we got out there

We have drawn with the current European champions and they know they were lucky to escape with a draw.

They arrived today expecting 5 points - they turned down kicks at goal in the first half - would anyone have turned down this result prior to KO?

Our pack have not been outmuscled by teams on 5 or 6 times our budget who sign international players for their BENCH!!

We haven't lost at home at all AND could get 14/15 points from the group.

I am just so proud and to be gutted at a draw against Sarries speaks volumes.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

When the dust settles and the pain eases we will see nothing but positives from this and our European campaign as a whole.

We have beaten one European champion and deserved more than we got out there

We have drawn with the current European champions and they know they were lucky to escape with a draw.

They arrived today expecting 5 points - they turned down kicks at goal in the first half - would anyone have turned down this result prior to KO?

Our pack have not been outmuscled by teams on 5 or 6 times our budget who sign international players for their BENCH!!

We haven't lost at home at all AND could get 14/15 points from the group.

I am just so proud and to be gutted at a draw against Sarries speaks volumes.

Yes as I genuinely believe our 1st choice 15 is as good as any 15  that can be put in front of us at home.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Didn't mean it in that way. I felt it was a reasonable decision. As mentioned, it's what we did next that let us down.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:43pm

Didn't mean it in that way. I felt it was a reasonable decision. As mentioned, it's what we did next that let us down.
apologies.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:46pm
Brilliant performance , we were the better side and should have won , Saracens were lucky to scrape a draw and to keep 15 on the field for so long -how many times did the ref war them!!
Still a great performance which deserved more than a draw against supposedly the best team in europe , great atmosphere as well.
If we keep playing like that we shouldn't lose too many games.
Well done boys , what a performance of heart.
saundersfoot scarlets
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:49pm

apologies.

Ach no need mun
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:51pm
Dan looks good at 10, not sure Patchell gets the shirt back

Edited by Dafen Boy - 15 January 2017 at 4:51pm
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 5:26pm
We WILL be back. The time to get the cheque books out is now. Best position for a good while. Get the youngsters out during the AIs, one by one.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 5:30pm
Hope we can take that to Glasgow and on into the remaining games of the Pro 12.
to remain unbeaten at home in a group with Europe 2 richest clubs is the best we have done in any season at PYS, time to really get behind these boys and cheer us on to the play offs.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

We WILL be back. The time to get the cheque books out is now. Best position for a good while. Get the youngsters out during the AIs, one by one.

I hope DTH and Sanj rue the day they signed to leave...
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 5:45pm
Superb today. A real team effort. A performance imo was good enough to get the win.Sarries showing exactly why their champions of Europe at the end.

But a scarlet performance like that, keep that going for the rest of the league campaign and we can be well in the fight for pro 12 silver wear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic