Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets vs La Rochelle thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 9:02am
Fingers crossed for no injuries next Saturday. Despite our recent injuries I think Wayne has some tough decisions to make from 10-15. Asquith has been a stand out performer wherever he has been asked to play; Leigh & Steff are certainties in the back 3; Tom Williams, Ioan Nicholas & Tom Varndell give other options. 

My selection would be to stick with Rhys at 10, Hadleigh & Scott at 12/13, Steff 11, Asquith 14 & Leigh at 15 with Tom Williams on the bench to cover 11/14/15.
Sponsored Links

Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 9:06am
I don't think we can consider Jake Ball, even if he is now fit.

He's going to be nowhere near where we need him to be going into a big game.

Realistically he wont be back to where we need him until next season.

I think we need to build around a core which is playing well. 

So for me that's Beirne and the Bull in the second row, Patch at 10 and Halfpenny at 15.

Asquith on the wing. He's played in the system all season.
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 9:50am
Will be interesting what side we pick for Munster match. Wayne will have to see what shape they are all in (physically and mentally) when they return from Wales duties but I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick a 2nd string team for the Munster match with the first team squad spending 2 weeks resting (in part) and training for La Rochelle. My money is still on our strongest side playing but, as said, I'd not be too surprised if not.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 10:32am
Think it will be mix and match with the returning Wales boys. Can see Samson playing against France & benching for Munster along with Ken & Rob. Shingler should play against France so probably rested for Munster. Cubby to play both. Aled start, Cawdor on bench, Patchell start with Scott & Asquith centres, Hadleigh rested, Steff start and Leigh. So my team for Munster would like something like :-

15. Leigh 14. Varndell 13. Asquith 12. Scott 11. Steff 10. Rhys 9. Aled 
1. Dylan 2. Ryan 3. Werne 4. Bulbring 5. Rawlins 6. Beirne 7. Cubby 8. McLoud

Bench : 16. Ken 17. Rob 18. Samson 19. Cummins 20. Barclay 21. Cawdor 22. Dan 23. Tom Williams
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 10:35am
It was interesting that Tom V was talking and pointing to one or two other players about positioning when he came on. Got huge experience and confidence and will add maturity to the team and hopefully help the younger guys. 

Edited by reesytheexile - 12 March 2018 at 11:57am
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
DropOut22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DropOut22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 10:53am
Asquith on the wing. Varndell on the bench.

Jake ball was targeting a return in the munster game wasnt he?
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 11:08am
thought I heard that jake was behind schedule and not likely to be available for la Rochelle. wouldn't throw him in anyway as he has not got any game time and the 2nd rows have been playing well. some time in the munster game we need the team to play against la Rochelle to be on the pitch to get us playing like a team again but I cant see how wayne can do it!  some players like hadleigh will need a rest
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 12:06pm
when you're in the kind of form Hadleigh's currently enjoying, you don't want to rest - just play!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 12:17pm
Its a tricky situation. There really should be more of a gap between the end of the 6 nations and the knock out phase of the Champions Cup. Another week at least so players can get some rest & be re-integrated back. 
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

I don't think we can consider Jake Ball, even if he is now fit.

He's going to be nowhere near where we need him to be going into a big game.

Realistically he wont be back to where we need him until next season.

Don’t know if that’s true. There’s two months left in the season yet and Jake coming off the bench even with 20 minutes to go as our best destructive carrier could swing games.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 1:11pm
Jake was on the radio on Friday night as summariser. He said after the game that he had hoped to be fit for the quarter but there was some nerve damage to the shoulder and this has slowed his recovery. He hopes to have some games at the end of the season.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

Not sure Varndell will be eligible will he? Don't you have to have a minimum 3 month contract to be registered in a European squad?
March, April, May is 3 months!
We're still still here!
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 9:43am
asquith on the wing for me.the guy seems to have the midas touch,when it comes to scoring tries lately.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 11:25am
To quote the sultry Sade, asquith is a smooth operator
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 11:39am
I'd stick with the same squad that we played against Toulon if we're able to! ClapClapClap
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 11:46pm
Were the tickets that went on sale in the past few days just the returned ones from LR or have temporary seating tickets also been sold? 

Clearly on the ticket website there was no option for the temporary seating in the stadium plan so I assume they were or are going to be ticket office or phone sale only?

Anyone got a temporary seating ticket?

Given the demand I'd have though they would have put as many in as possible rather than just the minimum to reach ERC standards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic