Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets vs. Leicester (h)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Great to Mcleod on the sheet! 
I remember Gardner's first game against Leicester. Didn't end well for us, but he did well.

He won't be coming on.

Id love to get some odds on that, I would say it's a certainty that he comes on, why would we leave Samson on all game in a dead rubber?
He's on about MacLeod, hence the boldening
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

I remember Gardner's first game against Leicester. Didn't end well for us, but he did well.

He won't be coming on.

Id love to get some odds on that, I would say it's a certainty that he comes on, why would we leave Samson on all game in a dead rubber?
He's on about MacLeod, hence the boldening

I think there was a bit of sarcasm there ! We've got a front rower playing in the back row. This is just a reverse !

crj89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Shame that two giants of European rugby are putting out second teams in a dead rubber in January. This has been a tough year.
That team can win though, I like that Helps and Dan Davis are getting a run of games.

Is that really true of the Scarlets? 

Unless they're injured, I can only see Foxy who'd be a definite starter, and Kruger on the bench, being rested... the other positions could have been rotations in any case. Given the injuries, that looks like almost a first choice 23 - or am I forgetting a lot of fit players?

Only 5 players I can see being 1st choice players in their positions.

12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Steff Evans
9. Gareth Davies
1. Rob Evans
3. Samson Lee
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 2:13pm

He won't be coming on.

he will props don't do the full 80 anymore
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

He won't be coming on.

he will props don't do the full 80 anymore

I was referring to Mcloed
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Helps getting in over price now then fair play could this be a developed second row from us?!

Out of adversity comes opportunity..both he and Dan Davies getting an extended run has no down side for me...both doing well.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 2:41pm
One eye on next week, suspect that Samson will be rested as, like Foxy, he’s on an NDC... Kruger to start that one...Gardiner on the bench for both.

Although the comp has gone, this is such a vital game as it come on the back of a win.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

One eye on next week, suspect that Samson will be rested as, like Foxy, he’s on an NDC... Kruger to start that one...Gardiner on the bench for both.

Although the comp has gone, this is such a vital game as it come on the back of a win.

It will also hopefully set us up for the 4 games to be played in the 6N's. 
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 3:10pm
I’m a bit surprised we’re risking Macleod after what Pivac said in the press conference.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Shame that two giants of European rugby are putting out second teams in a dead rubber in January. This has been a tough year.
That team can win though, I like that Helps and Dan Davis are getting a run of games.

Unless they're injured, I can only see Foxy who'd be a definite starter, and Kruger on the bench, being rested... the other positions could have been rotations in any case. Given the injuries, that looks like almost a first choice 23 - or am I forgetting a lot of fit players?

12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Steff Evans
9. Gareth Davies
1. Rob Evans
3. Samson Lee

See my comment above: "given the injuries".

So, what would your 15/23 be out of the players currently fit? We all know Ken wouldn't be at 8 if we were choosing from a full squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 3:48pm

12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Steff Evans
9. Gareth Davies
1. Rob Evans
3. Samson Lee

So, what would your 15/23 be out of the players currently fit? We all know Ken wouldn't be at 8 if we were choosing from a full squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My point was that, regardless of circumstances (pretty sure Leicester have a pretty long injury list too) it's a shame that this game has been reduced to this.
It would have been great (obviously we'd all feel like this) to have two full strength teams ready to go hammer and tongs at it tomorrow with qualification on the line, like the Toulon game last year, which was in my opinion one of the best atmospheres I've been to.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 4:12pm

12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Steff Evans
9. Gareth Davies
1. Rob Evans
3. Samson Lee

My point was that, regardless of circumstances (pretty sure Leicester have a pretty long injury list too) it's a shame that this game has been reduced to this.
It would have been great (obviously we'd all feel like this) to have two full strength teams ready to go hammer and tongs at it tomorrow with qualification on the line, like the Toulon game last year, which was in my opinion one of the best atmospheres I've been to.

Yes but you do say that the Scarlets are "putting out a second team".

My point is that, given the injuries, it is very close to being the best 15/23 available....
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 4:19pm

12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Steff Evans
9. Gareth Davies
1. Rob Evans
3. Samson Lee

My point is that, given the injuries, it is very close to being the best 15/23 available....
It might be the best team available. It's still very far from our first team. So it's a second team.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 4:27pm
Ok...let’s say the best team we have available for this one resembles more like our 2nd team 😃
crj89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 5:28pm

12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Steff Evans
9. Gareth Davies
1. Rob Evans
3. Samson Lee

It might be the best team available. It's still very far from our first team. So it's a second team.

My bad. Misinterpreted the message. It does go close to the best we can pick with injuries then, would like to see Prydie at full back with McNicholl on the wing though, best position for both players in my opinion. Prydie was impressive there for Dragons.

15. Tom Prydie
14. Jonny McNicholl
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Steff Evans
10. Dan Jones
9. Gareth Davies
8. Tom Phillips
7. Josh Macloed
6. Ed Kennedy
5. David Bulbring
4. Josh Helps
3. Samson Lee
2. Ken Owens
1. Rob Evans

16. Ryan Elias
17. Wyn Jones
18. Werner Kruger
19. Tom Price
20. Dan Davies
21. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
22. Paul Asquith
23. Steff Hughes

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 5:49pm
the weakness in European set up is after 2 or 3 losses its all over …..used to be a path into the 2nd tier competition which kept it alive that seemed like a good  idea that should come  backk
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic