Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Scarlets vs. Leicester (h)

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 April 2008
Location: Sunny Pembs
Status: Offline
Points: 14489
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:


How is Cawdor anywhere near this 23?
 
An ideal time to give Hardy and SHC a run with Dinky ahead of the Pro 14 games we will have during the 6 nations.
Cawdor has been dreadful, and will once again slow up everything we will try to do.
 
ShockedShocked
because we’re trying to win.
We're still still here!
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
crj89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 04 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 245
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:


How is Cawdor anywhere near this 23?
 
An ideal time to give Hardy and SHC a run with Dinky ahead of the Pro 14 games we will have during the 6 nations.
Cawdor has been dreadful, and will once again slow up everything we will try to do.
 
ShockedShocked
because we’re trying to win.


I don’t quite understand why he’s in there either, maybe to preserve Hardy and Hidalgo-Clyne for when the internationals are on? Not sure! On form he hasn’t shown anything since coming back from the autumn internationals.
Back to Top
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 01 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 6:31pm
SHC playing for Llandovery. Shame coaching staff don’t have the balls to make Gareth play there. Parkes deserves to drop a level too for a game.
Back to Top
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 02 October 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1094
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by scarletsbeno1 scarletsbeno1 wrote:

SHC playing for Llandovery. Shame coaching staff don’t have the balls to make Gareth play there. Parkes deserves to drop a level too for a game.
Wouldn’t image the WRU would be too happy if they got injured playing for a semi-pro side three weeks before the six nations.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Back to Top
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 21538
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Shame that two giants of European rugby are putting out second teams in a dead rubber in January. This has been a tough year.
That team can win though, I like that Helps and Dan Davis are getting a run of games.

Is that really true of the Scarlets? 

Unless they're injured, I can only see Foxy who'd be a definite starter, and Kruger on the bench, being rested... the other positions could have been rotations in any case. Given the injuries, that looks like almost a first choice 23 - or am I forgetting a lot of fit players?


Only 5 players I can see being 1st choice players in their positions.

12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Steff Evans
9. Gareth Davies
1. Rob Evans
3. Samson Lee
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 15258
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

the weakness in European set up is after 2 or 3 losses its all over …..used to be a path into the 2nd tier competition which kept it alive that seemed like a good  idea that should come  backk
It could well make the second tier final more of a spectacle/higher standard.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Back to Top
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 25 October 2004
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 14345
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Shame that two giants of European rugby are putting out second teams in a dead rubber in January. This has been a tough year.
That team can win though, I like that Helps and Dan Davis are getting a run of games.

Is that really true of the Scarlets? 

Unless they're injured, I can only see Foxy who'd be a definite starter, and Kruger on the bench, being rested... the other positions could have been rotations in any case. Given the injuries, that looks like almost a first choice 23 - or am I forgetting a lot of fit players?


Only 5 players I can see being 1st choice players in their positions.

12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Steff Evans
9. Gareth Davies
1. Rob Evans
3. Samson Lee

See my comment above: "given the injuries".

So, what would your 15/23 be out of the players currently fit? We all know Ken wouldn't be at 8 if we were choosing from a full squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My point was that, regardless of circumstances (pretty sure Leicester have a pretty long injury list too) it's a shame that this game has been reduced to this.
It would have been great (obviously we'd all feel like this) to have two full strength teams ready to go hammer and tongs at it tomorrow with qualification on the line, like the Toulon game last year, which was in my opinion one of the best atmospheres I've been to.

Yes but you do say that the Scarlets are "putting out a second team".

My point is that, given the injuries, it is very close to being the best 15/23 available....
It might be the best team available. It's still very far from our first team. So it's a second team.

My problem with your post was that you appeared to criticise the Scarlets for deliberately fielding a weakened side, when in fact it is very close to the best side available.

If it was simply your intention to say that the Scarlets side was weak because of injuries, the n of course I'd agree with that 100%.

Perhaps you simply didn't express yourself as clearly as you might have done... if you did not intend to criticise the Scarlets for the team selected, then fair enough.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.