Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets vs Leinster match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Antietam1 Antietam1 wrote:

Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

I was stood in the enclosure last night at rds and the leinster fans were not happy . Even with the win , they were still not happy .

One of the things supporters are unhappy about is the number of Leinster players let go by Management,
good players like second rows like Beirne and Thornbury go a munster reject like Nagle kept.
You guys lose players in droves so it's our turn to get used to it, here in Ireland Leinster often face seven or more ex leinster guys who are better than the guys kept.

You’re Not doing too badly though. There’s always a gamble releasing players. Beirne was the biggest loss to you though. He is 15 men in one body.
Sponsored Links

Antietam1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antietam1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

I was stood in the enclosure last night at rds and the leinster fans were not happy . Even with the win , they were still not happy .

One of the things supporters are unhappy about is the number of Leinster players let go by Management,
good players like second rows like Beirne and Thornbury go a munster reject like Nagle kept.
You guys lose players in droves so it's our turn to get used to it, here in Ireland Leinster often face seven or more ex leinster guys who are better than the guys kept.

You’re Not doing too badly though. There’s always a gamble releasing players. Beirne was the biggest loss to you though. He is 15 men in one body.
Having him Carbery and Conway playing against you is frankly ridiculous.
Some of it is the IRFU wanting players to get more game time but mostly bad Leinster management.
Losing another sh to Munster next season who is a lot better than last nights sh.
badabing badabook
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 2:19pm

Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Having him Carbery and Conway playing against you is frankly ridiculous.
Some of it is the IRFU wanting players to get more game time but mostly bad Leinster management.
Losing another sh to Munster next season who is a lot better than last nights sh.

That's what you get when your rugby structure is dictated by an Australian sitting in an office in Dublin I'm afraid.
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 3:28pm
A great effort and a game we could have won. To think a month ago we were in the dumps after the home loss to the Blues, and then since New Year the players have responded and started to play to their instincts. 

A month ago a losing bonus point versus Leinster was something I didn't think we would have a chance having, but a month down the line we have upped our game and done brilliantly well.
eds
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

ulster 17 - 17 treviso 
Thats an excellent result for us.  Our Nige gave a penalty try to Ulster in the dying seconds to make it a draw game - who said he's not a Scarlet. Smile

Truth be told, I thought tonights results would have been 0 for us and 4 for either Ulster of Benetton.  The fact we got 1 and they both got 2 makes it a noson hapus iawn  for us.

Well Dan Jones, another Welshman, has done us no favours. Just awarded Edin a pen try and a YC to a Kings player with 20 mins to go.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

ulster 17 - 17 treviso 
Thats an excellent result for us.  Our Nige gave a penalty try to Ulster in the dying seconds to make it a draw game - who said he's not a Scarlet. Smile

Truth be told, I thought tonights results would have been 0 for us and 4 for either Ulster of Benetton.  The fact we got 1 and they both got 2 makes it a noson hapus iawn  for us.

Well Dan Jones, another Welshman, has done us no favours. Just awarded Edin a pen try and a YC to a Kings player with 20 mins to go.
Dan the ref Jones has found this match a bit of a tough test.

He could have been far less sympathetic much sooner to the Kings scrum and silly penalty giveaways.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 4:58pm
The two Irish commentators have been pretty good value on this encounter for which they’re neutral.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 4:59pm
To be fair to Dan, it’s not been too obvious how helpful Stuart Berry has been as an AR.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 5:02pm
Comeback Kings.

Two tries in about 2 mins to lead 25-21 with no conversion and 2 minutes left with Edinburgh with one man down.

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 5:04pm
Win for Kings 25-21 and Edinburgh get just the losing bonus point. Winning try likely try of the week.

Cockers will be best kept at a distance.

EDIT - oops a bit off topic but a huge favour to us.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 26 January 2019 at 5:05pm
SassuWunnu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassuWunnu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 6:47pm
Great performance despite the many fumbles, bodes well.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by SassuWunnu SassuWunnu wrote:

Great performance despite the many fumbles, bodes well.
Welcome to the rollercoaster
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 7:44am
have we got any decent 10's coming through the ranks?
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 9:13am
I was quite impressed with the Coleg Sir Gar Fly half.    I thought Jac Wilson did well when he played for the Scarlets A team. He's a Qujns player I think he's injured at the moment mind
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 9:22am
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I was quite impressed with the Coleg Sir Gar Fly half.    I thought Jac Wilson did well when he played for the Scarlets A team. He's a Qujns player I think he's injured at the moment mind
cheers mart.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 11:09am
got to be honest,i'm really disappointed with the result Friday night.obviously beforehand,i'd have taken a losing bnus point,but the way in which the game fanned out,well in reality,not only should we have won,but should have won with a bonus point.we created about 7 or so clean breaks,in which only twice we successfully executed them,by scoring tries.leinster,i thought were bang average last Friday,but main difference in that they were clinical,in the kill zone,as they normally are.when you go to places like the rds,you simply have to take your chances,we didn't. asqiuths brain fart,dan jones missed pen to touch,which resulted in leinster's 3rd try,dan jones miss in front of posts,our cock up,from attempting a quick throw in ,late 1st half,which ultimately ended in leinster's 1st try,all contributing factors to our loss.other results went our way this weekend,which was good,however,we must be more clinical,in the league run in,to come.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic