Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Vs wru

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

At the moment there seems to be a lot of infighting in the English Premiership but that is only posturing in my opinion. No star player in any country wants to see his top line reduced substantially but pretty soon the financial realities will hit home. Its all well & good saying we have a contract but a contract is only enforceable if the employer is still in business. 

There is no doubt that the Premiership teams have far more power within the English system than the Celtic nations who are effectively financially tied to the Unions. It is not beyond my imagination to see a well run outfit like the Scarlets decide that it would be commercially advantageous to join the Gallagher Premiership, which is without a doubt the most competitive league in the Northern Hemisphere. 

We would have to get permission from the rfu and the wru , also under the terms of the premiership we would have to have an academy to produce players for the English national side

It would be great for us but it'll never happen,

Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 4:53pm
New initiatives are being tabled virtually on a weekly basis, or least leaked on a weekly basis.

I do worry that France and England will scupper the global season, the argument for summer/spring rugby is strong in my mind, we as supporters who have been brought up with cold & wet rugby, can still have it, we can support our local team, I will when its not raining, so in fact we will get virtually 12 months of rugby. 

There will be changes and we must take them in our stride, what the saying...

If we do what we have always done, we will get what what we always had.....and that has not worked.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 5:18pm
according to the WOL. The WRU are looking to obtain a loan and then pass the money on to the regions. But also pass the debt onto the regions, they say the reward and the risk will be the regions

what do we think about that folks?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

according to the WOL. The WRU are looking to obtain a loan and then pass the money on to the regions. But also pass the debt onto the regions, they say the reward and the risk will be the regions

what do we think about that folks?
It's fair and sensible approach, and we must have signed up to it. There's a wall of CVC cash coming down the road and this keeps us in the game. I'm absolutely certain that in agreeing to this, the PRB will have made sure that at least some of that CVC money will go towards repayment of this debt.

We're still still here!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic