Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Scrum V

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 October 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 2236
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrum V
    Posted: 08 January 2017 at 8:31pm
This program, and the BBC 2 TV coverage really winds me up.
 
Listening to Charles and Jiffy, all they could drone on about on Friday was how Ulster were unlucky due to the controversial penalty try.
 
On the Scrum V review tonight, Jiffy again and Holly only talked about the high tackles, and gave no mention of the Scarlets gutsy performance, and their run of wins and league position.
 
They waxed lyrical about the Ospreys, and gave an insight about how the Blues could improve.
 
The fact that the Blues will again fail to get into the top 6 was avoided.
 
I guess Jiffy and his cronies don't want to upset Peter Pies and all the Cardiff hierarchy.
 
These programs are so biased to the Cardiff region it stinks.
 
It may be a small thing,  but I suggest even if we won the Pro 12 they would find something else to bang on about.
 
I will admit that Ross Harries is a Scarlets fan, and does try to lead the conversations a little but is always shot down by Jiffy and the rest of them.
 
The only one who tends to talk sense is Nugget to be fair.
 
Rant over.Angry
Page the oracle
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 15094
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 8:33pm
Fair rant.

Reorient the ChumV "experts"
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Back to Top
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 02 October 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1056
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:


This program, and the BBC 2 TV coverage really winds me up.
 
Listening to Charles and Jiffy, all they could drone on about on Friday was how Ulster were unlucky due to the controversial penalty try.
 
On the Scrum V review tonight, Jiffy again and Holly only talked about the high tackles, and gave no mention of the Scarlets gutsy performance, and their run of wins and league position.
 
They waxed lyrical about the Ospreys, and gave an insight about how the Blues could improve.
 
The fact that the Blues will again fail to get into the top 6 was avoided.
 
I guess Jiffy and his cronies don't want to upset Peter Pies and all the Cardiff hierarchy.
 
These programs are so biased to the Cardiff region it stinks.
 
It may be a small thing,  but I suggest even if we won the Pro 12 they would find something else to bang on about.
 
I will admit that Ross Harries is a Scarlets fan, and does try to lead the conversations a little but is always shot down by Jiffy and the rest of them.
 
The only one who tends to talk sense is Nugget to be fair.
 
Rant over.Angry
You could just have easily written this post Friday night about the commentary during the game. Come to think of it, you could write this post about Jiffy any time he talks or gives commentary about ANY Scarlets game. Last time I checked, Trimsaran was in the Scarlets region. Maybe some one should have bought him a map for Christmas.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Back to Top
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 18 October 2010
Location: Swiss Valley
Status: Offline
Points: 3034
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:06pm
Not seen Scrum V yet but why Jiffy is given air time at all is beyond me, he is completely Anti Scarlets or Dragons and the way he carries on about Wales you would swear he was an All Black not part of arguably the weakest Wales team ever.
Back to Top
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 January 2007
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 13446
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:17pm
  Shocking programme,only team Wales,Blues and Ospreys exist in there eyes .

  Nobody told Jiffy and Holley that the rule changes on high tackles,that challenge on Aled Davies should have been a penalty try before January the 3rd 


Edited by 157cb - 08 January 2017 at 9:18pm
Back to Top
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 25 May 2012
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1767
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:24pm
Well said.
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 15094
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

  Shocking programme,only team Wales,Blues and Ospreys exist in there eyes .

  Nobody told Jiffy and Holley that the rule changes on high tackles,that challenge on Aled Davies should have been a penalty try before January the 3rd 


Some good articles in Sunday Times today. David Walsh re effective TV programmes and criticising some former players on Match of Day for lack of ability to put a programme together.

Mark, your point hits precisely that same note.

The other point of cheer was Steve James, ex Glamorgan and England, reported on Sarries v Exeter and asked absolutely the write questions on the key point in the match.

Steve had recently not had his Telegraph contract renewed, unbelievably, and Times pounced, thankfully. Writes compelling stuff.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 08 January 2017 at 9:48pm
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Back to Top
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 27 February 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:47pm
I highlighted jiffy s incompetencies on here not so long ago and got shot down. He and a fair few others are well past it. They commented about how the pen try decision decided the game. How do they know? We would have had a 5 meter attacking scrum who knows what would have happend. Comments should have been made about us being poor in the first half, second half got our tactics right and got back in the game in terrible conditions, gritty win, top4 prospects. etc. I watched the post match studio de brief on BBC NI, which is usually like watching state television in north korea in its one eyed and exaggerated analysis. Even they said, fair play to the scarlets they did well in the second half.
Back to Top
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 11 August 2012
Location: Machynys
Status: Offline
Points: 11982
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:58pm
Jiffy is mediocre. Best bit on Scrum V was when Peter Jackson spoke about rugby and Jiffy and co just sat there -out brained! Trimsaran boy who oddly seems to have no time for The Scarlets. Some rebuff of the past on or off the pitch by some old Scarlets personnel long gone?  Isn't he related to Phil Davies?  
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Back to Top
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 15 April 2009
Location: Llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 2025
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:59pm
Holley is a Scarlets man as well, I agree that the comments were negative, but feel this time they are nearly right with their comments. The yellow cards are a lottery, I feel that the Ospreys were luck not to have at least another player yellow carted, while the Saracens game Baritt was lucky not to have one.

The yellow cards are a mess and that is what the scrum 5 were talking about not the game really, and that is why I am half supporting them. I posted Friday night that Jiffy was negative about us, and he continues to have the hump, because we sacked Phil Davies, surely that is very much water under the bridge now. 

I think wee need to give them a break now and again.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Back to Top
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 28 March 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 2649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:09pm
Hasn't everyone sacked Phil Davies?
Back to Top
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 26 October 2008
Location: Tregwyr
Status: Offline
Points: 4259
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Jiffy is mediocre. Best bit on Scrum V was when Peter Jackson spoke about rugby and Jiffy and co just sat there -out brained! Trimsaran boy who oddly seems to have no time for The Scarlets. Some rebuff of the past on or off the pitch by some old Scarlets personnel long gone?  Isn't he related to Phil Davies?  


Phil Davies is married to Jiffy's Sister so Brother-in-Law!
"YMA O HYD"
Back to Top
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 27 February 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:


Holley is a Scarlets man as well, I agree that the comments were negative, but feel this time they are nearly right with their comments. The yellow cards are a lottery, I feel that the Ospreys were luck not to have at least another player yellow carted, while the Saracens game Baritt was lucky not to have one.

The yellow cards are a mess and that is what the scrum 5 were talking about not the game really, and that is why I am half supporting them. I posted Friday night that Jiffy was negative about us, and he continues to have the hump, because we sacked Phil Davies, surely that is very much water under the bridge now. 

I think wee need to give them a break now and again.

Think dirksen should have been carded for his challenge, and barrit is going to have to completely change his game to suit these new laws. He always hits around chest/head area with arms swinging everywhere.
Back to Top
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 11 August 2012
Location: Machynys
Status: Offline
Points: 11982
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Jiffy is mediocre. Best bit on Scrum V was when Peter Jackson spoke about rugby and Jiffy and co just sat there -out brained! Trimsaran boy who oddly seems to have no time for The Scarlets. Some rebuff of the past on or off the pitch by some old Scarlets personnel long gone?  Isn't he related to Phil Davies?  


Phil Davies is married to Jiffy's Sister so Brother-in-Law!

Are any of the Scarlets personnel who axed Tulip still in place? All that was years back. Phil also failed tbf so surely a professional objective pundit and TV personality cannot be so churlish?   


Edited by reesytheexile - 08 January 2017 at 10:21pm
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Back to Top
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 03 April 2013
Location: The North Stand
Status: Offline
Points: 8974
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:21pm
Haven't watched Scrum V for a long time, and I don't miss it at all.
Back to Top
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 20 January 2007
Location: underthebridge
Status: Offline
Points: 4220
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:34pm
To be fair Holley likes us and tries to be level headed. Jiffy just misses the point. Trimbles swinging arm was borderline red so the penalty try was right even before the 3rd of Jan as CB said. It wasn't as if he caught him with a bicep trying to tackle it was a low swing. He should have gone.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.