Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sean Fitzpatrick joins Scarlets Board

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sean Fitzpatrick joins Scarlets Board
    Posted: 23 July 2020 at 11:58am
Sean Fitzpatrick has joined the Scarlets Board, as non-exec director and global ambassador.

Wow. Just wow. Shocked

92 All Blacks caps
51 Tests as captain
🏆 Rugby World Cup winner
🌏 One of the all-time greats
Croeso cynnes iawn i ti Sean i deulu’r Scarlets

Originally posted by Sean Fitzpatrick Sean Fitzpatrick wrote:

“The tradition and the passion is so similar to New Zealand and the Scarlets is the closest to a New Zealand environment I have experienced, completely community based, with a total focus on the development of local talent and pride in their achievement.

“The development structures are outstanding, that is shown by the number of Academy players who come through and earn senior contracts and also go on and win international honours, similarly with the coaching structures.

“As for the facilities at Parc y Scarlets, they are as good as I have seen anywhere around the world."

Edited by NobbySosban - 23 July 2020 at 12:04pm
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:02pm
I thought someone had sent me a joke when I saw this!

Incredible story!
magicman64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magicman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:05pm
Wow that’s massive 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:10pm

Croeso Sean Fitzpatrick!!! Some addition to the board this!!! The words spoken by the great man!!! The respect he as for the Scarlets is fantastic!!!
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:13pm
Checks date, 23rd July. Wow.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
rctred View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rctred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:15pm
This is for real right .....
Wow ....simply stunned
Top bloke , welcome Sean .
Going to lie down now 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:24pm
Wow.... Just speachless.... Wow... Amazing
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:26pm
I thougt it was a coincidental name but no its him!!
So global ambassador is that covert for recruitment overseas??
Is he resident in UK? jst wondering if we would see him at the parc as a one off or regularly.

what an addition
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:33pm
Amazing week of sport !!
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:35pm
The idea is to grow the brand recognition for commercial purposes, international sponsorship etc.
Fantastic potential 
We're still still here!
EssexTurk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EssexTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:40pm
I believe he and his wife live in London, where he's also a board member at the Quins.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 12:50pm
Let’s hope that the commercial side - kit suppliers goes to Adidas ASAP.  Perhaps Sean dan speak to them 🤞. Harlequins have Adidas too .

Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 1:08pm
Addidas would be much better i cant  see me buying another macron shirt , my all time fave shirts are the kooga ones of around 2007 

On the recruitment thats a great bit of business it will be great to have a man of his calibre around the parc 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Addidas would be much better i cant  see me buying another macron shirt , my all time fave shirts are the kooga ones of around 2007 

On the recruitment thats a great bit of business it will be great to have a man of his calibre around the parc 

Yep, the Kooga's were my favourites too, I'd love us to sign with Addidas or Canterbury. It would be nice to see Scarlets shirts being sold in Pembs!
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 1:35pm
Im sure county sports in haverfordwest have had scarlets shirts in the past , please no Canterbury the brand is tidy but ive had 3 ankle breaks 2 broken wrists and 2 broken clavicles wearing Canterbury i think its unlucky for me   
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 1:35pm
just an amazing signing for the scarlets and the brand of the name. one of the all time greats of new zealand and world rugby and a great speaker.
just to see him down the parc will be amazing, and what a link in for the board and to sources in new zealand. could this be part of the brad moarr leaving us deal with NZ? 
off the field the board are doing tremendously, with new professional full time chairman coming in after the amazing job that Nigel Short has done for us, putting us back from a mess to a professional run organisation is amazing, now the next step over the challenging future and we seem ready for it.
still taking in the news of Fitz being on our board. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic