Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Season ticket quandry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Season ticket quandry
    Posted: 04 June 2020 at 12:44pm
Normally by this time the club would have been pushing the season tickets but clearly, there is no way that can happen as we dont even know when we will ever be able to actually attend a game going forward.
That is surely a huge concern for the club and one which would take some sorting out if suddenly we could attend when no one has purchased a ST.

Worrying times all round.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 1:19pm
Welsh Government has said that there are no plans to close any of the field hospitals at the moment. so the stadium won't be hosting any matches any time soon. Or any training sessions in the barn.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 1:29pm
leinster and munster have frozen season tickets for next season. i think it will be the same with us. if and only if games come back we may have limited availability for existing season tickets holders for this year and a bit like 1st come 1st serve. season ticket seats will be spread out around all 4 stands insuring 6 feet apart. going to be very difficult to manage if possible at all
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
royboi72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote royboi72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 1:32pm
If it meant keeping the Scarlets survive as a region I'd be willing to buy a season ticket even if it meant not being able to go to a game all season.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 1:58pm
i think a lot of us would think the same
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 2:21pm

Yes I would purchase my season ticket .
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 2:24pm
The Swans are apparently refunding season ticket holders and it’s going to cost them over £1 million.   That’s enough to bankrupt them . 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

The Swans are apparently refunding season ticket holders and it’s going to cost them over £1 million.   That’s enough to bankrupt them . 

I'm not sure why they would do that.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Normally by this time the club would have been pushing the season tickets but clearly, there is no way that can happen as we dont even know when we will ever be able to actually attend a game going forward.
That is surely a huge concern for the club and one which would take some sorting out if suddenly we could attend when no one has purchased a ST.

Just a few suggestion...

-Issue Season tickets packages soon.

-All season tickets would need to be digital/on mobile only ( needs a bit of thinking about, but it should be possible).

-Create multiple segregated sections in the enclosure and identify a limit of numbers in each section, ensure it is identified on the season ticket. Alternatively the enclosure option might not viable, so ST holders there could receive a discount option to use a stand.

-Only members of the same household could be seated together in the stands.
Otherwise occupancy of every 4th seat (2 empty seats) in the North and South stands.
(I recognize that ST holders would not necessarily get their previous/preferred seat)

-Certain stairwells and stand access to be for entrance, and the next for exit.
i.e. S1 is way in, S2 is way out and so on.

-Restriction on people getting up during the game ( ht only).

-Not sure about bars and The Barn at this, point but I think some form of service can be figured out..

And then the doubts about fixtures...so...

Couple of options ( maybe more).

-Receive a refund for any fixture cancelled

or

-If a fixture is cancelled, receive a 'credit' toward a future fixture.

-Seats together can only b for people that live together
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Yes I would purchase my season ticket .

So would I, but I put money away each month so when renewal is due I've got the cash. I'm not sure everyone could afford it, and some wouldn't be prepared to do so. Some ST holders wanted a reduction in prices last season as we only had 10 home league matches, whereas the previous season there were 11 games.

I'd certainly be prepared to pay for my seat.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 3:59pm
I'm quite happy to buy and renew my Season Ticket if it helps keep the Scarlets afloat! Big smileThumbs Up
"YMA O HYD"
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Just a few suggestion...

-Issue Season tickets packages soon.

-All season tickets would need to be digital/on mobile only ( needs a bit of thinking about, but it should be possible).

-Create multiple segregated sections in the enclosure and identify a limit of numbers in each section, ensure it is identified on the season ticket. Alternatively the enclosure option might not viable, so ST holders there could receive a discount option to use a stand.

-Only members of the same household could be seated together in the stands.
Otherwise occupancy of every 4th seat (2 empty seats) in the North and South stands.
(I recognize that ST holders would not necessarily get their previous/preferred seat)

-Certain stairwells and stand access to be for entrance, and the next for exit.
i.e. S1 is way in, S2 is way out and so on.

-Restriction on people getting up during the game ( ht only).

-Not sure about bars and The Barn at this, point but I think some form of service can be figured out..

And then the doubts about fixtures...so...

Couple of options ( maybe more).

-Receive a refund for any fixture cancelled

or

-If a fixture is cancelled, receive a 'credit' toward a future fixture.

-Seats together can only b for people that live together

You've made some very good suggestions there Wil. However my only downer, and sorry for this, would we need the Senedd's permission for large gatherings ? R is still hovering just below 1 apparently.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 4:01pm

no they have given people the option to have a refund on the last 4 home games or be able to watch the last 9 games home and away on free streaming

Most people will take the streaming I would guess

TBH I doubt we will see any games in front of a live gate until we get a vaccine so I personally don't expect to attend any rugby games for the next 12 months or so , the government will not allow it

Edited by RR1972 - 04 June 2020 at 4:03pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

no they have given people the option to have a refund on the last 4 home games or be able to watch the last 9 games home and away on free streaming

TBH I doubt we will see any games in front of a live gate until we get a vaccine so I personally don't expect to attend any rugby games for the next 12 months or so , the government will not allow it

Fair enough, but I'd still be prepared to buy a ST for next season,and if I don't get to see any live games at the Parc, then so be it. I'm not looking for a refund on my ST for this season either. I do accept that some won't be able to afford to do that though.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Fair enough, but I'd still be prepared to buy a ST for next season,and if I don't get to see any live games at the Parc, then so be it. I'm not looking for a refund on my ST for this season either. I do accept that some won't be able to afford to do that though.

I think  99% of people will not expect any refund , that money is essentially spent in their head

In terms of buying  a season ticket for a season where they won't get to physically attend any matches

Some certainly will , many on this forum will especially if it helps save the club

It's a fine gesture some can afford to make, others can't

fair play to anyone who can and is willing to do so
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 5:37pm

The first few games of the season will probably take place behind closed doors. I wouldn’t like to predict when limited crowds may return and I think the general expectation is that ‘normal’ crowds won’t return until a vaccine is found and deployed.  With these points in mind, I’m wondering if it would be more sensible for the club(s) to plan for the 2020/21 season taking place without any crowds at all. 

I'm thinking that the cost of opening up the stadiums to limited crowds may be more costly than simply keeping them shut.  

That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic