Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Season tkt renewal and incentives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Season tkt renewal and incentives
    Posted: 25 March 2017 at 5:59pm
My thoughts aren't necessarily along conventional lines. Discount entry to parks, gift vouchers etc have their place for sure, but my eye is drawn to giving ST holders an 'experience', something that is a little different.

To that end to anyone renewing 'early' gets the chance to spend time with the team during the build up for any of the 11 home league matches, during the pre match build up, on the pitch warm up, half time talk, and then with the players at the end othe game.maybe gets a ball or shirt signed by the players on the day. Maybe get a chance to speak to the players before the game and share their thoughts on what it means to be a ST holder at the Scarlets...

They should also get a sliding scale of free pairs of tickets for early renewal...the longer the historical renewal sequence ( consequtive years renewed) the more pairs of tickets ( limit of maybe 4 pairs). This means the ST holder can feel engaged with the club in selecting people to attend with them.

If you bring new Season ticket holders in (perhaps min. 2) A lucky group of maybe 2 of those that are new and the person who referred them could be drawn out of a hat to travel with the club to an away European tie, travel on the bus/plane, stay in the hotel, match tickets etc. ( we could get a sponsor to specifically support this activity.)

Other stuff...
I'd like to see the concept of how Crys sponsors young talent each season spread to an invite to ST holders to put a minimum sponsor option of £20 in to a 'pot' against the previous seasons young player of the year ( maybe the top 3).
The ST names get listed in the screen before each game, mentioned in the programme, and has a meet the player event at the end of the season.

Kids free t shirt fixtures....on some of the afternoon ko's, and to add some special focus to enhancing the take up on family tickets - first 250 kids get the t's etc.

The hunt is on for extra ST holders, but the priority for me would be to get a great retention level first...with emphasis on setting high targets on early renewal. 90%?

Sponsored Links

townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 7:15pm
Good post Wil some great points there.... Really disappointed last night the price of beer had gone up 50p a pint...£4.50 a pint of larger is taking the piss a bit,with only 3 home games left why put prices up now,we need people to come and spend their money at PYS not put them off
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 8:45pm
Great series of initiatives, there Wil.

Be excellent to see some of them taken up.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 4:29am
There should be greater interaction between players and fans. Whoever is the community outreach officer (think that's Dan Vaughn's remit)does an outstanding job but between kids and there heroes there needs to be greater face time..
I'm almost 20 and when I was 4-10 I met and had signatures off the likes off Ken Owens (17 when I first had his signature), Stephen Jones, Dwayne Peel, Regan King, Alix Popham, Aisea Havili (absolute favourite of mine), Simon Easterby, Vernon Cooper and more. Yes not all of them were great players looking back but by god it made me want to go back.
I understand in the current age getting people on the pitch after the game is a logistical nightmare. That being said, the younger generation are missing out on this.
Add into this what I believe is a hugely under targeted market namely senior rugby players.. they're quite content to play and spend money drinking in their clubs before heading to town on Saturday evenings.. why not get them in to PYS to do the same.. Llanelli Wanderers, Furnace, Felinfoel, Llangenech, Burry Port, Kidwelly, New Dock, Trimsaran, Newcastle Emlyn, Lampeter, Penclawdd etc. That's upwards of 200 men who will buy three pints each at a reasonable price.

Edited by SospanMawr - 26 March 2017 at 4:29am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 6:41am
Good post.
Wayne07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 10:06am
A couple of options that I threw on facebook and Twitter,
Free bus or up to 50% off away trips
Money off food/beer where non St holders can see and get jealous, incentive to get a St
Meet and greet players is a must in my eyes, and not on Wednesday 12 noon when there in school and work, I've seen that a lot.
Free entry for U16s
Free entry to parks and attractions folly farm, Oakwood, ffos las ect
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

My thoughts aren't necessarily along conventional lines. Discount entry to parks, gift vouchers etc have their place for sure, but my eye is drawn to giving ST holders an 'experience', something that is a little different.

To that end to anyone renewing 'early' gets the chance to spend time with the team during the build up for any of the 11 home league matches, during the pre match build up, on the pitch warm up, half time talk, and then with the players at the end othe game.maybe gets a ball or shirt signed by the players on the day. Maybe get a chance to speak to the players before the game and share their thoughts on what it means to be a ST holder at the Scarlets...

They should also get a sliding scale of free pairs of tickets for early renewal...the longer the historical renewal sequence ( consequtive years renewed) the more pairs of tickets ( limit of maybe 4 pairs). This means the ST holder can feel engaged with the club in selecting people to attend with them.

If you bring new Season ticket holders in (perhaps min. 2) A lucky group of maybe 2 of those that are new and the person who referred them could be drawn out of a hat to travel with the club to an away European tie, travel on the bus/plane, stay in the hotel, match tickets etc. ( we could get a sponsor to specifically support this activity.)

Other stuff...
I'd like to see the concept of how Crys sponsors young talent each season spread to an invite to ST holders to put a minimum sponsor option of £20 in to a 'pot' against the previous seasons young player of the year ( maybe the top 3).
The ST names get listed in the screen before each game, mentioned in the programme, and has a meet the player event at the end of the season.

Kids free t shirt fixtures....on some of the afternoon ko's, and to add some special focus to enhancing the take up on family tickets - first 250 kids get the t's etc.

The hunt is on for extra ST holders, but the priority for me would be to get a great retention level first...with emphasis on setting high targets on early renewal. 90%?

EXCELLENT post...and a lot of it is pretty effortless things to do...and if not free, cheap to set up with regards to bold. 

This is where union as a sport fails. 

It would be nice also, maybe not a ST option, but would be great if Crys16 was part of the squad and match day squad in programmes. 

I know Rugby union has not got a squad number basis...but many prem football sides and rugby league sides have their official supporters group in the match day programme as part of the squad and website as part of the squad. 
For instance, Wigan Warriors No.18 jersey is assigned to the Wigan Warriors fans - this is included in the match day programme & squad page on the website. Nice touch I feel. 

Always announced as part of the side as well after the subs are announced. I like it. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 6:13pm
So many great ideas on here and it's still on the first page.

Hope at least some of these ideas are taken up.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 7:18pm
Maybe a loyalty bonus scheme?? Where you get a 5% discount for every year you renew. You can "bank" up to 5 years (25%). Once you cash in your bonus you go back to full price and start again???
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Other stuff...

So the noise coming out from the club is that the initial sales of ST's are really encouraging. Well done...really well done. Fantastic to hear this...the point above was about activating a strategy to retain our core...the on field results have gone well ( happy coincidence), play offs secured, and what a terrific plus to get the new kit out pre season end (AND see how well its been received)...all round great work from all.
We have innovated and progressed.

I'm hoping the invite to attend an open training sessions to ST holders only is the first of many more initiatives of a similar ilk. Again great.

When you see marketing speak related to the Scarlets you often read and hear terms like 'steeped in history' 'iconic' and 'heritage'...and this is always good...I've always thought, and said frequently, that we under-value our brand...it's all the above points and more...

Reflecting on it, and maybe the SF demographic too, those words probably mean a lot more to the mature generations ( I don't want to put an age/number on it as someone who is 12 will tell me its all for the heritage mun!) than it does to the current ones...not an issue, as I've said we must address our demographic.

However, the younger generation...Gen Z, Millenials, call them what you will...have a much different lens on things like Season tickets etc than I do.

Ultimately they are brand loyal so long as its not painful..

What that means is it has to be affordable (tick) and it has to be easy to access and the result be measurable and prompt...

Some startling stats I'm going to throw out here..( and these are from global data gathering platforms like Google and Amazon)

-Today's 16-21 year old looks at her/his phone an average of 157 times a day...
-and for an average of 18 seconds per occasion...( assume that as the attention span)
-She/he will tolerate navigating only twice per look...

So as and example of where I'm coming from... a well known sports brand recently released a new (well pre-advertised) trainer in the US...the Unique selling point is that it was ostensibly made to measure using on line fit technology to measure your correct foot shape...anyway...they sold 180,000 pairs in the first 12 seconds after it was launched...and sold just 12,000 pairs in the next 4 weeks...

I'm using this to illustrate an example of how this generation are now electing to spend their money...this generation will not take a stroll to the Scarlets shop of a morning, they will not 'ring up the club', they won't try to navigate our incredibly challenging IT system for ticket purchase...and they certainly won't be going to the shop to pick the ticket up on a match day, or waiting for the postman..
They don't want a credit card type ticket, or a whole load of pamphlets in nice envelopes.

In essence if its not smart phone accessible and instantaneous then it wont be progressed.

It's a mid-term challenge to address but we really do need to start right now and give ourselves a sort of first mover advantage in this field (it didn't go un-noticed how riled the O's were to find out kit launch out-stripped theirs by 4 months...good for our brand, not so good for theirs...)...so lets look at what we need to do to mitigate our poor on line ticketing system...won't cost much to flush it out...and we can look at app or scan technology allowing ST's to be barcode read on a smart phone to access a game...

To quote the infamous comment of the CEO of the once sector leading Blackberry business 'Who needs a laptop in their pocket anyways'...

Edited by Wil Chips - 16 May 2017 at 6:21pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:44pm
Great post and thoughts, Wil.

Fingers crossed that's the direction the club are travelling in, off the pitch.
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 11:39am
Contacted the club recently to point out how difficult the online renewal process was - links not working, overlapping graphics, links sending you round in circles - to the point where I gave up. Was delighted when I tried again yesterday to see that all these gremlins had been fixed and the renewal process was relatively straight forward. 5 minutes, job done. Just how it should be, so well done to those involved.

Couldn't agree more ref the smartphone technology. The younger generation doesn't carry real wallets crammed with everything important in their life. It's all in their Apple wallet (or equivalent) - everything from credit card details for payments to plane boarding passes. The technology must be available whereby a simple tap to purchase will send e-tickets direct to the phone. Can also surely be accomplished with season tickets saving on the expense of thousands of credit card style tickets.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:00pm
How about providing tickets for mature students and not just YAFTS
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
coldith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

They do YAFTS = Young and Full Time Students.
Full time student can be any age. I've got one.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by coldith coldith wrote:

well i'm learning all the time do I qualify?LOL
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by coldith coldith wrote:

ah, it states that you must be between 18-21
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic