Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Warne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shane Warne
    Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:16am
He has played his last game of Cricket, he may be a convict but christ he was a hell of a bowler, will always remember that ball he got Gatting out with Clap

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/13464269.stm
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:21am
Best spin bowler in cricket history.

Shame he tarnished things a little with the substance ban.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:25am
Greatest Player , for the best cricket country in the world.....
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:26am
Gonna let that roll as it's your birthday...
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:27am
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Greatest Player , for the best cricket country in the world.....

Except for Test Cricket, Onedayers and Twenty twenty
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:37am
I read Smelly's post as Aus being the best country to play cricket in....I would have said Barabdos myself...as a country.

At times (regular times) Shane was simply un-playable. Way too much devaition and disguise to play any sort of cricket against....I never saw anyone truly get on top of him (Goochie came closest).

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 11:17am
Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

He has played his last game of Cricket, he may be a convict but christ he was a hell of a bowler, will always remember that ball he got Gatting out with Clap

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/13464269.stm

Amazing bowler, simply unplayable on occassions.
What i love about him, he is an out and out character and lives it to the full.
Characters are what the World needs and he is a big one.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 11:19am
Greatest bowler of all time. I was privelaged to see his last test match ever in Sydney. Legend.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Best spin bowler in cricket history.

Shame he tarnished things a little with the substance ban.

He is for me as well (could argue best bowler full stop) but some think Murili is a better spin bowler on pitches conducive to spin because he has more varity (googlie which Warne wasnt great at, the ducra etc etc).

The reason i think Warne is better is because he could get the ball to spin on flat pitches and if your were a captain of a cricket team and you had to throw the ball to anyone to get you a wicket he would be many 1st choice i would imagine.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:28pm
Murali will always be a chucker. Warne did 700 legally. Murali did most of his illegally (IMO).

That separates them.

Mgrath is the 2nd best bowler of all time. Once those 2 went the aussie team was never the same.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Murali will always be a chucker. Warne did 700 legally. Murali did most of his illegally (IMO).

That separates them.

Mgrath is the 2nd best bowler of all time. Once those 2 went the aussie team was never the same.

Murali's action does not stand up to any scrutiny,he has now, and always has had, a marginally illegal action.
Granted not all his 800 wickets have been gleened illegally, but enough have to nullify his comparative to Warne.

You can look at Underwood, Laker, Bishan Bedi and others as being absolute class, and yes they were, but on un-covered pitches.

Agree with Ad, Warne can make the flattest wicket yield something, and he was also a massive competitor.

As  for second best, well in my era and in my view, that was Richard Hadlee.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic