Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shane William's Comments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 9:06am
As Smelly would say....a knob.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Would be great interesting to hear what Ospreys supporters and people with knowledge on take-over scenarios think about the situation in Swansea. I can’t think of other occasions in other sports where a massive positive change has occurred. It normally leads to discontent between supporters, the board and backers in the form of a power struggle. 
man city fans seem happy with their owners as do chelsea with abramovich psg with their owners liverpool with the fenway group and leicester with their thai owner. Plenty of rubbish take overs to look at blackburn . More go badly than well i think

Yeap ashley, Glazers, Hick and Gillette. Cardiff city playing in Red anyone? lol.

I am happy with our ownership.

As for this new Os takeover that Ickle is championing, maybe he needs to do a bit of research toe the backround of some of these people. Not what you would expect.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:35pm
I can’t see any details of their new owners on line? What’s the news?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

I miss SmellyLOL
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I can’t see any details of their new owners on line? What’s the news?

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I miss SmellyLOL
I
I had a text off him the other day,he still listens in on the forum.Big smile
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:57am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I miss SmellyLOL
I
I had a text off him the other day,he still listens in on the forum.Big smile

LOL SF lost a massive amount of appeal once he stopped posting. 
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:28am
Couple of things...

Shane is a terrible pundit and even worse commentator. Speaks in the universal language of tripe. Fantastic player and does a lot of very notable charity work, so I would guess a pretty decent bloke. I skip the pages or turnover whenever he has an opinion on something though.

Ospreys takeover; Y11 Sports and Media are a fairly young sports Brand Management copy and this is their first dip in to Brand ownership. Co founder is an Ospreys fan and his Dad played for Swansea RFC I believe. This is not a Abramovich/Sheikh Monsur kind of take over where they heave money in to the club and use it as some sort of appendage extension. They will need to get it making money, something nobody has ever done before with the Ospreys. I don't think we will see a return to the Ospreys galactico era but hopefully we will see a well run region, and a fresh professional set of eyes on how to run a region.
OBC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:50am
The money that’s been/being paid for the takeover is being/been ploughed back into the Os by the new owners.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 11:00am
Another, whom I liked as a player, but who is increasingly silly as a pundit on S4C is Mike Phillips. I know most of us prefer a little humour to go with the comments but when it appears as if it is being produced to order and not remotely funny to anyone other than the player himself then I think most of us would prefer comments on the rugby or just stories from the players' experience. Then I think they would find that the humour would arise naturally without them needing to cue us by leading the laughing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic