Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shirt sponsor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciskieran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 3:57pm
Visited Llanelli last week and popped to the Scarlets shop to see the latest Macron kit, etc...asking £60 for the latest shirt is bad as the quality of the new shirt was poor, thin material and stitching was not great. The away top looks better than the red top.
I know the shop has recently changed supplier but selling no rugby balls is abit of a joke!!!!
Bring back the cotton type tops!!!!
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by franciskieran franciskieran wrote:

Visited Llanelli last week and popped to the Scarlets shop to see the latest Macron kit, etc...asking £60 for the latest shirt is bad as the quality of the new shirt was poor, thin material and stitching was not great. The away top looks better than the red top.
I know the shop has recently changed supplier but selling no rugby balls is abit of a joke!!!!

Indeed - I have a very old, and comfortable, cotton top from around the time of our first Celtic League win... since then, suppliers have been obsessed with 'replica' shirts in synthetic material - fine, if you have a gym-toned 25-year-old body, but not so great if you have a third-age gut! Besides, cotton is far more pleasant to wear.

Bring back cotton shirts for fans, I say! 

Edited by aber-fan - 19 June 2017 at 4:21pm
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 4:25pm
The Rhino cotton tops were nice. The replica jerseys do tend to keep one a little too warm!
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by franciskieran franciskieran wrote:

Indeed - I have a very old, and comfortable, cotton top from around the time of our first Celtic League win... since then, suppliers have been obsessed with 'replica' shirts in synthetic material - fine, if you have a gym-toned 25-year-old body, but not so great if you have a third-age gut! Besides, cotton is far more pleasant to wear.

Bring back cotton shirts for fans, I say! 
can't see the problem myself.WinkLOL
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 7:54pm
agree no room for beer at all lol
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by 1carmscarletsfan 1carmscarletsfan wrote:

agree no room for beer at all lol

No problem. You can tip the beer all down your front !!!
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 6:32pm
so to get this back on topic, is there any sign of who the sponsors are?
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 11:29am
Sponsorship money is getting hard to come by these days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic