Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shirt sponsor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shirt sponsor
    Posted: 31 July 2020 at 11:23pm
Seems the shirt sponsor Juno Moneta has gone into administration with a year left to run of the sponsorship deal. I’m assuming that’s a bit of a financial blow to us and it’s time to find a new sponsor?

Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 10:31am
Well spotted. Very early after the news broke, too.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 11:31am
There’s a reason we’ve brought these board appointments in, one based in London and one Internationally known rugby figure. All the talk of a “global brand” etc. I honestly don’t know how realistic the ambition is, but we’re clearly casting the net much wider in terms of corporate income. 

The strategy is sound. The impact remains to be seen. 
This isn’t a lack of confidence from me in the board in any way at all, by the way, but I’m acutely aware of the rather large bumps in the road ahead. Not least a forthcoming season where we’ll be lucky to get 6 or 7 games from our international stars

Edited by Wasp - 01 August 2020 at 11:32am
We're still still here!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 12:06pm

Sad news that .
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 1:48pm
Our secret weapon from NZ comes into effect here to attract sponsors....
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 2:17pm
To lose any sponsorship isn’t great, but this is only one of many shirt sponsors, albeit the main one.  I mentioned on a previous thread (Saracens) that our shirt sponsorship plan (of not relying on just a few major sponsors, but having more sponsors committing less money) was a more sustainable way of generating money.
Lots of teams rely on very large sponsorship deals with large companies, the problem with that is that if they pull out you immediately lose a huge chunk of your revenue in one go.  In these days, that’s very hard to replace, whereas finding just one smaller sponsor is probably more realistic.
I have great confidence in the board/commercial team finding a replacement very soon.
pillory View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 2:58pm
More wide reaching than shirt sponsorship.
Has the talk of Doug Perkins come to anything yet? Wouldn’t be surprised to see Specsavers on the front. 

I guess Nathan Brew left as commercial head, replaced by a sales manager from DHL https://www.scarlets.wales/article/scarlets-appoint-james-bibby-as-head-of-commercial/
Fitzpatrick’s role as a non-executive should normally be advisory.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by pillory pillory wrote:

More wide reaching than shirt sponsorship.
Has the talk of Doug Perkins come to anything yet? Wouldn’t be surprised to see Specsavers on the front. 

I guess Nathan Brew left as commercial head, replaced by a sales manager from DHL https://www.scarlets.wales/article/scarlets-appoint-james-bibby-as-head-of-commercial/
Fitzpatrick’s role as a non-executive should normally be advisory.
I can report that while we were sorry to see Nathan go, James does a good job, insofar as our dealings with him go.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic