Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shortlist for greatest Heineken Cup try ever

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bys Meri Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shortlist for greatest Heineken Cup try ever
    Posted: 06 November 2020 at 2:46pm
They're holding a vote on the greatest European try since the Heineken Cup began in 1995 and Rhys Priestland's try against Perpignan is on the shortlist of 10. 

Tadgh Beirne's try at Bath must have pushed it close but the only other team that's on the list twice is Leinster. The back-of-the-hand flick passes from Regan and Stoddart was something to behold anyway. 

If the vote doesn't go our way, of course we'll call for a recount and put the Scarlet militia on the streets....

Here's what the blurb says:

"As part of the celebrations of a quarter of a century of rugby in what is now the Heineken Champions Cup, EPCR and Official Partner Tissot 
have come together to create a new strand of online content that gives you the chance to select the best try, place kick and drop goal since the tournament started in 1995.

In the first category of these best moments of the competition, you can choose from a 

range of world-class tries, 

with the winner determined by a combination of the public vote and a panel of experts."

https://www.epcrugby.com/champions-cup/fanzone/tissot-10/?dm_i=4BJH,Y9RE,UVH8T,49NBO,1 ;

Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Bys Meri Ann Bys Meri Ann wrote:

They're holding a vote on the greatest European try since the Heineken Cup began in 1995 and Rhys Priestland's try against Perpignan is on the shortlist of 10. 

Tadgh Beirne's try at Bath must have pushed it close but the only other team that's on the list twice is Leinster. The back-of-the-hand flick passes from Regan and Stoddart was something to behold anyway. 

If the vote doesn't go our way, of course we'll call for a recount and put the Scarlet militia on the streets....

Here's what the blurb says:

"As part of the celebrations of a quarter of a century of rugby in what is now the Heineken Champions Cup, EPCR and Official Partner Tissot 
have come together to create a new strand of online content that gives you the chance to select the best try, place kick and drop goal since the tournament started in 1995.

In the first category of these best moments of the competition, you can choose from a 

range of world-class tries, 

with the winner determined by a combination of the public vote and a panel of experts."

https://www.epcrugby.com/champions-cup/fanzone/tissot-10/?dm_i=4BJH,Y9RE,UVH8T,49NBO,1 ;

well I've voted and as far as I'm concerned all other votes are now null and void and rhys has won

is that how it works these days?
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 3:04pm
I look at that perpignan try and just think there is actually nothing that Perpignan could have done, it was just pure magic. 

I quite liked the inside ball off of Leinster from the lineout that was well worked but more the sign of a great set piece play than overall all round skills. 

The Ngwenya one does not deserve to be on that list, poor old Shane Williams just looked like he tried to tickle him. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic