Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Side v Ulster

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 28 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12532
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

What’s the odds on our full front row being replaced around the 50 minute mark and Tyler coming on for Asquith around 10 minutes later?!!

   The substitutions seem planned before ko, personally the likes of Asquith, Rob and Javan should be going the distance .
You never get props going the distance in professional rugby. It would be almost irresponsible to keep them on for 80 minutes.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 44210
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:00pm
Team just out....copying skills are pants but Costellow ar y fainc. Dan and O’Brien start.
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 10817
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:03pm
Ulster team :-

Ulster: Michael Lowry; Matt Faddes, Luke Marshall, Stewart Moore, Rob Lyttle; Bill Johnston, John Cooney; Eric O'Sullivan, John Andrew, Marty Moore; Alan O'Connor (capt), Kieran Treadwell; Matty Rea, Sean Reidy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements: Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall, Tom O'Toole, Dave O'Connor, Jordi Murphy, Alby Mathewson, Ian Madigan, Craig Gilroy.


That is a very strong team with good bench & plenty of bench experience with Murphy, Mathewson, Madigan & Gilroy all internationals. Long night ahead methinks. 

Back to Top
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 January 2007
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 15424
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

What’s the odds on our full front row being replaced around the 50 minute mark and Tyler coming on for Asquith around 10 minutes later?!!

   The substitutions seem planned before ko, personally the likes of Asquith, Rob and Javan should be going the distance .
You never get props going the distance in professional rugby. It would be almost irresponsible to keep them on for 80 minutes.

   Schoeman plays 70 minutes odd every week! there is little point in subbing after 53 minutes of last week, if there still going strong in tight and loose. If there flagging its different .
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 44210
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Ulster team :-

<p ="" -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-14" style="margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; -sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-14.$bold-0" style="font-weight: bolder; -sizing: inherit;">Ulster:</span><span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-14.1" style="-sizing: inherit;"> Michael Lowry; Matt Faddes, Luke Marshall, Stewart Moore, Rob Lyttle; Bill Johnston, John Cooney; Eric O'Sullivan, John Andrew, Marty Moore; Alan O'Connor (capt), Kieran Treadwell; Matty Rea, Sean Reidy, Marcell Coetzee.</span>

<p ="" -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15" style="margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; -sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><em -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15.$italic-0" style="-sizing: inherit;">Replacements:<span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15.1" style="-sizing: inherit;"> Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall, Tom O'Toole, Dave O'Connor, Jordi Murphy, Alby Mathewson, Ian Madigan, Craig Gilroy.</span>

<p ="" -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15" style="margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; -sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15.1" style="-sizing: inherit;">
</span>

<p ="" -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15" style="margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; -sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15.1" style="-sizing: inherit;">That is a very strong team with good bench & plenty of bench experience with Murphy, Mathewson, Madigan & Gilroy all internationals. Long night ahead methinks. </span>




Coetzee Is their key player.
Back to Top
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 28 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12532
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

What’s the odds on our full front row being replaced around the 50 minute mark and Tyler coming on for Asquith around 10 minutes later?!!

   The substitutions seem planned before ko, personally the likes of Asquith, Rob and Javan should be going the distance .
You never get props going the distance in professional rugby. It would be almost irresponsible to keep them on for 80 minutes.

   Schoeman plays 70 minutes odd every week! there is little point in subbing after 53 minutes of last week, if there still going strong in tight and loose. If there flagging its different .
They usually are flagging. No offence Javan isn't the fittest
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 10817
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Ulster team :-

<p ="" -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-14" style="margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; -sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-14.$bold-0" style="font-weight: bolder; -sizing: inherit;">Ulster:</span><span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-14.1" style="-sizing: inherit;"> Michael Lowry; Matt Faddes, Luke Marshall, Stewart Moore, Rob Lyttle; Bill Johnston, John Cooney; Eric O'Sullivan, John Andrew, Marty Moore; Alan O'Connor (capt), Kieran Treadwell; Matty Rea, Sean Reidy, Marcell Coetzee.</span>

<p ="" -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15" style="margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; -sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><em -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15.$italic-0" style="-sizing: inherit;">Replacements:<span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15.1" style="-sizing: inherit;"> Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall, Tom O'Toole, Dave O'Connor, Jordi Murphy, Alby Mathewson, Ian Madigan, Craig Gilroy.</span>

<p ="" -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15" style="margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; -sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15.1" style="-sizing: inherit;">
</span>

<p ="" -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15" style="margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; -sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><span -reactid=".1cckbmflpky.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-15.1" style="-sizing: inherit;">That is a very strong team with good bench & plenty of bench experience with Murphy, Mathewson, Madigan & Gilroy all internationals. Long night ahead methinks. </span>




Coetzee Is their key player.

Yes Coetzee is Afrikaans for go forward. 
Back to Top
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 03 November 2019
Location: Llanelli
Status: Online
Points: 531
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

What’s the odds on our full front row being replaced around the 50 minute mark and Tyler coming on for Asquith around 10 minutes later?!!

   The substitutions seem planned before ko, personally the likes of Asquith, Rob and Javan should be going the distance .
You never get props going the distance in professional rugby. It would be almost irresponsible to keep them on for 80 minutes.

   Schoeman plays 70 minutes odd every week! there is little point in subbing after 53 minutes of last week, if there still going strong in tight and loose. If there flagging its different .
They usually are flagging. No offence Javan isn't the fittest
Javan was exceptional,I thought,when he had to return for Werner's yellow card the other day.
Back to Top
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 06 February 2012
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 5547
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:30pm
Two difference calibro teams..connacht win a big surprise,  a losing point bonus should be' an honourable result for us  . Hope this time a better rotation from the bench 
Back to Top
philturk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 03 November 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1243
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 2:06pm
Again a Delaney team that makes no sense

Where’s Prydie or Rogers, surely they are a better option than Angus out of position at 15 ?

For me Morgan Jones and Jac Price are our future, why are they not playing ?

Is Dan Davies fit ?

I’m still not seeing that Kalamafoni offers anything, to me he plays like Cassiem if Cassiem was drunk, overweight and 55years old


Edited by philturk - 21 November 2020 at 2:06pm
Back to Top
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 07 February 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3270
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 2:25pm
Kalamafoni is one of the best forwards in the league so far...

Is Morgan Jones injured?

That is a very strong Ulster squad.


Edited by ChrisX - 21 November 2020 at 2:26pm
Back to Top
Captain View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 25 March 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 901
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by philturk philturk wrote:

Again a Delaney team that makes no sense

Where’s Prydie or Rogers, surely they are a better option than Angus out of position at 15 ?

For me Morgan Jones and Jac Price are our future, why are they not playing ?

Is Dan Davies fit ?

I’m still not seeing that Kalamafoni offers anything, to me he plays like Cassiem if Cassiem was drunk, overweight and 55years old

This seems like someone who does watch the scarlets. 
Also someone who does not read any of the previous comments. 
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 44210
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Kalamafoni is one of the best forwards in the league so far...

Is Morgan Jones injured?

That is a very strong Ulster squad.



Isolating I think.
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 44210
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by philturk philturk wrote:

Again a Delaney team that makes no sense

Where’s Prydie or Rogers, surely they are a better option than Angus out of position at 15 ?

For me Morgan Jones and Jac Price are our future, why are they not playing ?

Is Dan Davies fit ?

I’m still not seeing that Kalamafoni offers anything, to me he plays like Cassiem if Cassiem was drunk, overweight and 55years old



Back to Top
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 03 November 2019
Location: Llanelli
Status: Online
Points: 531
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 2:33pm
There's been a lot to criticise,still is,but Kalamafoni earns his corn every game.
Back to Top
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 January 2007
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 15424
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 2:39pm

  Kalamfoni as been a great signing! Have a look at his stats on Pro 14 website 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.