Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sir Keir Starmer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 57 minutes ago at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Labour haven't got a clue different ministers saying different things, Burnham gas now been exposed as a liar with his staged finding out on live TV lol

I think it's always going to be the case different people will have different opinions on it. Leadership is listening to those opinions and deciding the best course of action. It's silly, I hear people saying things like "well, if scientists have different views that means we don't really know which is best, do we?". This ignores the concept that scientists frequently have different views but at least rely on facts (or, more correctly, evidence) to back them up and often (eventually) a consensus is reached.

My personal opinion is that too much weight is given to personal opinions at this point in history. You can always find a view on both sides of an argument, claim or news story - doesn't mean they have equal merit whatsoever. The BBC and media in general have fallen into the trap of prioritising balance and entertainment over factual accuracy, evidence and logic. Why? Because the latter is boring and doesn't make good telly or a good story or tweet or whatever. 

I agree about the bbc and the lack of basic factual accuracy and evidence...surely that should come first followed by opinion based on the facts. Some so called facts are harder to corroborate with economic predictions etc

dont you think its utterly bozarre that Uk has built over 40,000 new hospital beds and used virtually none of them to quarantine covid infected patients?
I believe it’s down to staffing issues. If they were used the hospitals would become unsafe because of staff shortage. Obviously that would be the least worst option if the hospitals were overwhelmed during a peak of the pandemic but otherwise my guess would be that we’d need more NHS staff before using the field hospitals to clear up waiting lists or treat any covid patients that needed any treatment.

But the hospitals are half empty? 25 million plus cancelled procedures in 7 months
I know a chap who had heart surgery in carmarthenshire during lockdown, he was the only man in the ward throughout his stay
In addition the fact they are putting covid patients in nhs wards has seen the virus spread throughout hospitals and has infected both patients and staff thus hitting staff numbers

The whole point of spending billions on 40,000+ new hospital beds was to ease the pressure on the nhs, it has done nothing of the kind
Further over 20,000 doctors and nurses were recruited or pulled out of retirement to fight this outbreak....Surely at least some of these could be staffed at the field hospitals. There are 1 million volunteers available to help with the various tasks involved in setting up and running these field hospitals. 
The govt in all 4 home nations has said virtually nothing about these field hospitals for several months thus leaving us all guessing

Edited by roy munster - 3 hours 56 minutes ago at 11:56pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic