Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smelly.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 7:38pm
been told that smelly is banned for life from the forum,it's a pity whoever banned him for life wasn't home secretary,abdul qatada would be in jordan by now,on a serious note does he have a right to appeal?
Sponsored Links

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

My spelling, punctuation and general grammer is slowly changing to be like his.

Anyway, some insist in thinking it's Mike that needs moderation, in fact he did as much moderation on the forum as anyone.

This is a forum for supporters of the Scarlets.

Particularly agree with that bit.

Smelly's excessive 'siege mentality' was a reaction and an attempt at nullification of the excessively undue negativity of others.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Anyway, some insist in thinking it's Mike that needs moderation, in fact he did as much moderation on the forum as anyone.

Smelly's excessive 'siege mentality' was a reaction and an attempt at nullification of the excessively undue negativity of otherse .
it's a forum where people have different views and opinions,perhaps we should re-name it stepford fever.the highlighted bit is your opinion which you are fully entitled to.
scarlet96 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 8:26pm
Can someone fill me in on what has happened please as he was a majour part of what made this forum successful

FREE SMELLY !!!!!
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Smelly's excessive 'siege mentality' was a reaction and an attempt at nullification of the excessively undue negativity of otherse .
it's a forum where people have different views and opinions,perhaps we should re-name it stepford fever.the highlighted bit is your opinion which you are fully entitled to.

Has Mike given you some bad tips lately or something? Or has his photo on your dartboard worn out? Wink
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 8:49pm
we don't need to release smelly to get on everyone's nerves, we've got the new Smellymike!! take a bow Scarlet96....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
scarlet96 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

we don't need to release smelly to get on everyone's nerves, we've got the new Smellymike!! take a bow Scarlet96....

bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 9:02pm
Smelly text earlier today to tell me he has a life time ban from this forum. You must have to do something drastic to recieve this form of punishment, can any of the mods tell me how many have been given a life ban? Lets hope he joins us on facebook where a few scarlet fever members can have a chat without fear.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 9:12pm
that's a shame, but hey he had loads of warnings...

I had a lifetime ban that lasted a year, but then the kind and loving administrators let me back on to this amazing forum and I've been a very good boy ever since.. haven't threatened to lamp anyone since.. lol
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 9:16pm

I had a lifetime ban that lasted a year, but then the kind and loving administrators let me back on to this amazing forum and I've been a very good boy ever since.. haven't threatened to lamp anyone since.. lol

I bet that day is getting ever closer though WinkLOL
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
joss View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 9:17pm
I would love to know what he did to get a life ban, shame really cause i like the old git Wink
#HUMANTOURS Rise above the rest
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

didn't have you down as a psychic bud.. lol
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 9:32pm

Is that the same as a cotton bud, but it goes deeper into the ear??
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Lord Brakewynd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Brakewynd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 9:44pm
There's no reason Smelly cannot re-appear on this forum as someone else is there
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 9:44pm

Is that the same as a cotton bud, but it goes deeper into the ear??

I know a massive pain in my ar5e bud....
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 8:25am

Smelly's excessive 'siege mentality' was a reaction and an attempt at nullification of the excessively undue negativity of others.
Top post Mike.

I've fought Smelly's corner before and would do so again. Is this really necessary? This forum is often prone to lapses in perspective, where a defeat or a lack of signings results in completely over the top reaction. Smelly, like Lofty, but in slightly more colourful language, was someone who reminded people that things weren't necessarily all doom and gloom.

Admittedly, his language, opinions and confrontational nature weren't to everyones taste. But life, the real world, is all about characters and differing opinions, and the forum is a gloomier place for his absence, albeit imo. The trouble with this forum,again only imo, is that so many of us actually now meet up and know each other. On many other forums people post differing points, fall out and insult each other from the safety of their home, all in the knowledge that they will never meet. With us, it is very different. Smelly's willingness to tell you his opinion to your face, either in the Barn, on a concourse or on an away trip didn't sit well with many. By suspending him, that threat has dissapeared. Perhaps they should have just manned up and grown a pair and resolved it, instead of constantly whinging about him.

As for his effect on the forum, how detrimental was it? Jesus, we currently have the biggest clown of all time starting pointless thread after thread, boring people to death with his non opinions, and then having a go at those on these boards who generally do know something about rugby. If ever a ban was warranted for the sake of the forum, this is it surely? I doubt I'm alone in thinking so.

Anyway, shame on the forum. 
#George
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic