Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SMOKING AT STRADEY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SMOKING AT STRADEY
    Posted: 26 September 2004 at 10:49am

What is the Scarlets' policy on smoking in the stand.

I've a season ticket holder (with 4 kids) for several seasons, and the problem of smoking in the stand seems to be getting worse (or I'm just unlucky this seaseon!).

One of my daughters suffers from asthma, and last night she had to spend most of the second half at the corner of the enclosure away from the two inconsiderate ladies who kept on lighting up during the game.

Myself and another mother politely asked them to consider others around them, but we were met with nothing but abuse, and the two were adamant that the stand (even the family enclosure) was not a no smoking area.

Does anybody know what the official policy is /  I can't seem to get any sense from the club at the moment.

By the way I AM A SMOKER MYSELF., but wouldn't dream of spoiling others' enoyment of the game or endangering the health of children around me.

Please if you agree that smoking should be banned from the stands, or at least the family areas please write to or e-mail the Scarlets General team

Sponsored Links

Emma View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 11:45am
i dont know what the policy is but i agree that it should be no smoking. last night i was standing by a guy who was smoking a cigar, it was foul! as i was on my own i didnt want to say anything but it was really disgusting. lucky i had a cold and couldnt smell much but it was enough!
There ain't no lovin' like West Virginia lovin'
Pan handle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"These gloves are sh*t, man."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 12:02pm
I was stood next to a bearded man last night who was smoking,
scarletchick View Drop Down
HUA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 12:53pm
I know that they've stopped people from smoking in the South stand patrons seats, so on that basis, I would presume the whole stadium was now a no-smoking stadium.
missscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 12:58pm
I'd have thought from a safety point of view that both the stands would be no smoking areas.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Pan handle Pan handle wrote:

I was stood next to a bearded man last night who was smoking,
who do you mean?i agree that in the stands smoking should be banned but not in the enclosure or terrace.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

Emma View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 1:38pm

Originally posted by scarletchick scarletchick wrote:

I know that they've stopped people from smoking in the South stand patrons seats, so on that basis, I would presume the whole stadium was now a no-smoking stadium.

im not so sure, where i was standing was right by the replacments, and the guy who was smoking was chatting with them, ray G and a few others. if it was non smoking surely they would have said somthing

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 6:56pm
I think smoking should be banned in all area's of the ground.
Through Thick And Thin!
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 7:46pm

Originally posted by Lino Lino wrote:

It really is becoming silly season on this board at the moment.

Emma View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Originally posted by Lino Lino wrote:

It really is becoming silly season on this board at the moment.

wanting smoking banned is silly? as much as i love breathing in second hand smoke, (and believe me, i do) id love to see the stands become non smoking. Everyones going on about whats in the kids best interests and i reckon a non smoking stradey would really benefit them a great deal more than a 10 minute kick about

(i still support the idea for the ban to be reversed, im just making a point)

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 9:06pm
Smoking should be banned in all public places!!!! nuff said
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 9:08pm

Originally posted by Pan handle Pan handle wrote:

Smoking should be banned in all public places!!!! nuff said

i think that will happen sooner or later.

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 9:08pm
Sooner rather than later i hope!
Emma View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 9:09pm
it will, patience..good things come to those who wait
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 9:12pm

once they ban smoking dont think it will be too long before you will be banned from drinking and eating(no more pockets full of pasties for you pan,dropping pastry everywhere,someone could have slipped and sued you) in non designated public areas.

oh for the days of prohibition.

Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 9:20pm
Nice pasties though

Edited by Pan handle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic