Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Snap General Election

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Has anyone seen Neil Hamilton the Ukip leader at The Scarlets? One of Carmarthens finest moments to be proud of  electing him/UKip in!!! For some reason though I just feel embarrassed every time I see him pop up with huge regularity on the Telly and think how stupid some folk down west are! Of course I could be the stupid one!!Stern Smile

Ammanford boy isn't he? Done Wales proud
I've seen the truth ... and I don't understand it!
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 12:20pm
how on earth did hamilton get elected?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 1:18pm
Makes a mockery really. Being an Ammanford boy myself how do I go about disowning him?
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Makes a mockery really. Being an Ammanford boy myself how do I go about disowning him?

I think you just have !!! LOLLOLLOL
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Has anyone seen Neil Hamilton the Ukip leader at The Scarlets? One of Carmarthens finest moments to be proud of  electing him/UKip in!!! For some reason though I just feel embarrassed every time I see him pop up with huge regularity on the Telly and think how stupid some folk down west are! Of course I could be the stupid one!!Stern Smile

Ammanford boy isn't he? Done Wales proud

Hamilton got totally shamed a few months back on Question Time when one of the other panelists pointed out that NONE of the UKIP members elected to the WAG even lived or owned a home in Wales !!

I'm sorry, but that made us Welsh look somewhat stupid. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

how on earth did hamilton get elected?

Maybe because he had the good taste to get a degree in Aberystwyth?Wink
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
ladram View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 2:13pm

stones throw from our houses gareth.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 3:16pm
More a comment on the good folk of Carmarthen who voted him in! Good Scarlets territory as well which makes it more shocking!! Embarrassed

Edited by reesytheexile - 21 April 2017 at 3:18pm
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 3:36pm
Ukip should dismantle themselves now as they have achieved their aim. They serve no purpose other than to muddy the waters.
Keep the faith
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Get those stones ready, in case he pays a visit!Wink
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 6:52pm

You're right to feel embarrassed- I do. His mysogynist attitude to all his female opponents is a disgrace.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 8:12am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Yes I remember - pretty large residence if I recall Nige. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 8:40am
Well, campaigning now well under way. Labour's manifesto resonates with me and is very much about equality. I know he has this image issue (not least thanks to our [beep] newspapers in this country and perhaps his lack of stage presence) but I find myself agreeing with the majority of what Corbyn says and at least he is a principled and ethical person. May just bashes out catchphrases on repeat and her stance on immigration (remember that speech when she was home secretary?) and social mobility (this more grammar schools obsession is odd) aren't to my liking. Plus she has not really said anything about what her party actually is offering yet; it's more been a ceaseless, childish criticism of Corbyn. I still don't believe the Conservatives care about "just about managing" and low income areas/people; this is just an angle to get the middle-class vote I suspect.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Well, campaigning now well under way. Labour's manifesto resonates with me and is very much about equality. I know he has this image issue (not least thanks to our [beep] newspapers in this country and perhaps his lack of stage presence) but I find myself agreeing with the majority of what Corbyn says and at least he is a principled and ethical person. May just bashes out catchphrases on repeat and her stance on immigration (remember that speech when she was home secretary?) and social mobility (this more grammar schools obsession is odd) aren't to my liking. Plus she has not really said anything about what her party actually is offering yet; it's more been a ceaseless, childish criticism of Corbyn. I still don't believe the Conservatives care about "just about managing" and low income areas/people; this is just an angle to get the middle-class vote I suspect.

Cannot disagree with anything you have said. Corbyn has the unenviable task over the next 4 weeks of convincing large swathes of this country that he can be trusted on the economy & security. Stranger things have happened but he clearly has factions within his party fighting against him which makes his job a lot harder. 
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:51pm
the point is, I'm not Corbyn's biggest fan, thought Burnham would have made a better leader, but the more I see Corbyn talk on TV the more I resonate with him..... poo!!!!!!
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic