Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sosban Fach at the 76th minute...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 9:43pm
Having been there today, and elsewhere with our away support when it has happened, I personally find booing of the kicker, and the subsequent inevitable spiral into verbal abuse and name calling when home fans remonstrate, embarassing and unbecoming of the club's great name. 

I agree fully with Tim, it does us little favour with anyone, and reinforces the sad stereotypical image of us that many English people have. And to have had it mentioned on tv was even worse.

Not for me.
#George
Sponsored Links

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Yeah great support again, but why dont we just be quiet when they take their kicks, what's the point of jeering or booing the kicker? Did it put Myler off?

It was commented on during the S4C commentary and it reflects badly on us imo.

i agree it gives us a bad name.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by scarlet_rob scarlet_rob wrote:

Some of our fans experienced real abuse from Saints supporters today. So let's not get too carried away with all this moral highground shite when it come to keeping quiet at kick times. We have some of the best fans in rugby, let's not  castigate them for not keeping silent through the 5 minutes it takes their kicker to take a kick at goal.

maybe they gave us abuse bcoz of the booing. and just bcoz they do it doesnt make it ok for us to do it. (and it doesnt take 5 minutes for a kick)
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Having been there today, and elsewhere with our away support when it has happened, I personally find booing of the kicker, and the subsequent inevitable spiral into verbal abuse and name calling when home fans remonstrate, embarassing and unbecoming of the club's great name. 

I agree fully with Tim, it does us little favour with anyone, and reinforces the sad stereotypical image of us that many English people have. And to have had it mentioned on tv was even worse.

Not for me.

spot on.
The Admiral View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 10:19pm
I really felt sorry for those that were there today, the team let you down, no clue, that game was ours from the KO.
Well done to our supporters you gave more than the team 
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 10:21pm
I do not agree with any noise when the kicker is taking a kick as it is something that my father has taught me since I started watching rugby at the age of 7. That said I paid £38 for a stand ticket today to watch Myler take an eternity to kick and the referee taking equally as long with scrums. Think a lot was frustration.
west is best.
daveoda View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 11:43pm
I've just come back from the game and I am embarassed and ashamed of the booing and shouting at the kicker.We, as an away support are far better than what we have shown today.As Swissscarlet says it was probably frustration but inexcusable.
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 11:54pm
After cooling down over the match, yes it was wrong what we done by singing whilst they were taking kicks ,but it's happened now , we arent the only club thats done it and there is no law against you doing it , lets just try and not do it again

Just a question when does the minute that the kicker have to kick at goal start?

Edited by scarletsrules - 12 March 2012 at 7:50am
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 12:42am
Back home from a very enjoyable day but shame about the result! The whole incident was instigated by a Saints supporter shouting "your not singing anymore" and a chorus of Sosban Fach was the reply to him, the Saints fans were also making sheep noises throughout the game and this just made everything worse and resulted in our supporters getting annoyed with how long Myler was taking with his kicks, but that doesn't excuse the resulting shouts of "get on with it" as it was embarassing for our team and for the rest of us who do not agree with this sort of behavour
"YMA O HYD"
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 1:20am
MM if you want to know about abuse pm Turkish Fez what he tells you may shock you. The booing of kicking is never nice to hear but neither is jeering when someone is taking a high ball, whats the difference.
callaway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 2:36am
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9137007/Northampton-27-Scarlets-12-match-report.html

"Myler and Lamb had to contend with some unsporting comments from Scarlets supporters while they were lining up their kicks.

The home fans were impeccably behaved when Scarlets fly-half Stephen Jones slotted four penalties."

bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 3:46am
Callaway it was not just the Scarlet fans the Saints fans were making those silly sheep noises which upset a few Scarlet fans, but there is no excuse.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 5:20am
All you can hope is that the correct protocols will filter through.

If I was there and my fellow Scarlet fans booed a kicker I'd walk out. It's not something you can discuss the merits of really. More importantly is not the culture of the club I support.

Appreciate that I'll be considered OTT in that reaction, but I am consistent, and frankly I'd be sceptical of anyone trying and justify the value and validity of booing to me (and don't try the 'we were provoked' line...what do we expect when we are 2% of the crowd..a champagne and hors d'oevres reception?).

solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 6:57am
I got told off for talking while the England kicker was lining up a kick in Paris.
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 7:13am
Wil the trouble with some of these clubs are very two faced about kickers.Look at the Irish regions you can hear a pin drop pity that did not apply to Halfpennys winning kick against Ireland. I agree with you I would not boo a kicker but if I am in conversation 50 metres away from the kicker I would carry on.You would have smiled in the bar watching the France game when England were taking a conversion me and Solihull went round the bar telling them to respect the kicker, no sense of humour any of them.
scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2012 at 7:29am
There was singing during a kick(yes provoked, maybe we shouldn't rise to it), shouts of get on with it etc (myler was taking an age, yes we shouldn't react). No booing though as far as I can recall. that came from Saints fans afterwards. It wasn't that bad, it's getting blown all out of proportion.

Really Wil, I'm suprised by your comment, a total over reaction on your part. I didn't notice you walk out in Limerick when there was booing during a kick. Also you'd never stay at a game down Y Parc as it's never silent, you'd be constantly walking out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic