Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

South African sides set to join Pro12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 26 minutes ago at 11:08pm
It's amazing to think that they fielded a totally different Cheetahs team just 2hours earlier ( v Pumas in the CC).

This is a game changing result for the Pro 14.
Sponsored Links

najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 10 minutes ago at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Cheetahs were very impressive tonight, the pace they put on the game, forwards and backs was incredible. Turned over to Treviso v Ospreys after the game in Bloomfontein I thought I had accidentaly hit the pause button it was so slow.

Impact already from SA, taken years for the Italians to make little or no impact. The latest from SA is that they want more involvement as they look to split their franchises north and south.

Actually, Treviso reached 7th place in the Pro12 in the 2012-13 season, and even before then managed victories against the Irish big three and Glasgow - some of them away.  Since then, however, they haven't really progressed - until now.

Sorry I disagree, they have made no impact and little contribution to the league. They will be at the bottom of the conferences at the end of this season and they bring little or no tv revenue to the kitty. South Africa is a rugby country, provided they sort out themselves out they will be a potent factor in both hemispheres. The amount of Saffer players plying their trade in Europe is amazing, if they can increase the number of players staying to play for their franchises then look out. they will be contenders for the title. At this point in time can anyone see Treviso or Zebre ever contending for the title?

Given how badly the three Welsh regions other than the Scarlets are playing, I wouldn't be so sure.  (Although tonight's latest travesty might just spur on Tandy's overdue resignation or sacking, so things might get better for the Ospreys at least after this).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic