Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SQ's emotional speech on sky sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SQ's emotional speech on sky sports
    Posted: 08 April 2018 at 5:03pm
Anyone got a link. I was choked guys. He had about two or three moments all lasting about a minute where he described what this wonderful club of ours is all about. Its connection between fans and players.

Very emotional.
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Anyone got a link. I was choked guys. He had about two or three moments all lasting about a minute where he described what this wonderful club of ours is all about. Its connection between fans and players.

Very emotional.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 5:09pm
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-union/11322550/scarlets-stalwarts
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 5:18pm
Its a really good part of what he said, but there was another one he says just after. When he is on his own with the other commentators. Where he puts into words why the Scarlets are different to any other club.

As an aside, Many Ospreys fans are saying on social media how dissapointed they are with how nothing was planned for Dan Biggar and Rhys webb on their last games. 

Heritage.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 7:47pm
  A brilliant tribute to the Scarlets its history and the players leaving by the Mighty Quinn .
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 7:55pm
After the game was a real classy affair, nigel short presented gifts to the 4 departing players, 2 chats with SQ where he eulogised about the legendary heritage of the club and region.. Stu barnes spoke of the untouchable maestro phil benny being his hero growing up, like us all......Then interviews with the 4 players and their children were on there too....Scott wills looked teary eyed, barclay mentioned they were growing something pretty special down here, beirne mentioned the community spirit and was hoping for silverware , SQ told them theyd left all their scarlet jerseys bigger and better since theyd arrived and he thanked them for thatBig smile

Edited by roy munster - 08 April 2018 at 8:00pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
west-is-best View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote west-is-best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 8:18pm
Class!
I'm Scarlet 'till I die!

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 8:48pm
Lovely with the Grav song playing in the background. Still baffled about Scott going mind.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 9:07pm
Wish someone had the full link
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by 1carmscarletsfan 1carmscarletsfan wrote:

This is the link for the full video, which has already been posted above.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Lovely with the Grav song playing in the background. Still baffled about Scott going mind.

he was filling up while talking to SQ.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 10:10pm
Was lovely to watch. SQ is a fantastic ambassador for us as a club and if he gave me a team talk I’d follow him anywhere.
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Yes I watched that I ment this that was quoted by speedy.
but there was another one he says just after. When he is on his own with the other commentators. Where he puts into words why the Scarlets are different to any other club.
Sorry for the confusion
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 10:57pm

but there was another one he says just after. When he is on his own with the other commentators. Where he puts into words why the Scarlets are different to any other club.
Sorry for the confusion

A video of the full match is on here now, maybe it's at the end?
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 11:17pm
Clap
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 11:24pm

Sorry for the confusion

A video of the full match is on here now, maybe it's at the end?

I was hoping it was but the footage ends straight after the final whistle. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic