Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stradey remembered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 11:43am
With only 3 home games between mid February and August, the stark reality is that the rugby side of the stadium is the lowest priority.

You can't run a business on 3 matchdays in 6 months.

The world's LARGEST selection of Scarlet tribute t shirts....

**NEW TADHG TEE**

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
Sponsored Links

Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 1:49pm
Good posts OAM and Multi.

On the music playing thing: Whilst I don't like it, I can understand that it appeals to the younger generation. What we need is a bit of common sense though. If singing gets started and is going well, don't make unnecessary announcements or play music to drown it out. There should be a period at the beginning of the game for fans to be heard as well. I like flower of Scotland at Murrayfield when the pipes stop and its just the crowd singing.

Its that spine tingling singing, or the chanting of Scarlets going around the ground that I miss most from Stradey. In fairness there's been some good atmospheres in recent times, just need a bit of sympathetic direction from the stadium manager.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 3:59pm
First went to Stradey in 1962, and saw the 1963 All Blacks as my first touring team.  Was there for 9-3, and the Springboks, Wallabies and a few others, including the Barbarians game in the centenary season.

I remember after the 1973 Cup Final when we beat Cardiff handily, that was a hell of a good night in the club, when all other activity was curtailed as the players' bus was spotted near Sandy Bridge, and the real party started. Clap 

I have taken friends from South Africa and New Zealand to Stradey, and all were welcome and the place had the real rugby aura of the amateur era and centre of the community.  The Pro era is different, and we have to adjust, I think it's called progress.

My memories are becoming hazy, and a little selective, but I was proud to be a Scarlet and loved the old place.  I still prefer to stand to watch rugby, and miss the days of the enclosure in front of the stand.

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

First went to Stradey in 1962, and saw the 1963 All Blacks as my first touring team.  Was there for 9-3, and the Springboks, Wallabies and a few others, including the Barbarians game in the centenary season.

I remember after the 1973 Cup Final when we beat Cardiff handily, that was a hell of a good night in the club, when all other activity was curtailed as the players' bus was spotted near Sandy Bridge, and the real party started. Clap 

I have taken friends from South Africa and New Zealand to Stradey, and all were welcome and the place had the real rugby aura of the amateur era and centre of the community.  The Pro era is different, and we have to adjust, I think it's called progress.

My memories are becoming hazy, and a little selective, but I was proud to be a Scarlet and loved the old place.  I still prefer to stand to watch rugby, and miss the days of the enclosure in front of the stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4quLU38C4 
Big smile
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic