Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swansea 20 - 8 Llanelli

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swansea 20 - 8 Llanelli
    Posted: 30 December 2004 at 8:06pm
see subject name
Sponsored Links

Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2004 at 10:54pm
couldn't get to the game myself tonight but I'm assuming this is the final score, very dissapointing if it is, that's the double they have done over us this season.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2004 at 11:33pm
Inept, pathetic, poor disciplined. Hell it was like watching the the Scarlets mun!
Scarlets - Pro 12 Champions 2017
missscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2004 at 11:57pm

Total crap.

Haven't seen our forwards out-played like that this season, backs got little ball due to poor performance by the forwards.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
Rodney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 2:46am
Handling was just damn awful. It was like watching my 10 year old play. You expect them to drop the ball a few times when they play rugby, but not these boys, the ones that are one step from full professionals.

What was worse, in my opinion, was the attitude of some of our "supporters". I know the ref wasn't the best, but was there need for one person to constantly hurl what could be classed as abuse towards him?? There were young children at the game, and as ambassadors to the club, it's not the sort of thing that needs broadcasting. We've had masses of bad press over the last few months, we don't need more, do we? I felt that making these jibes against the ref was un-necesary, and whoever was doing this, as loud as he was doing it, needs to sort themselves out. I'm all for giving my vocal support to the players, but when it comes to ***ging off professionals and semi professionals alike, I tow the line, unless I can do a better job, and since I do not have the required refereeing qualifications, I assume that I cannot do a better job, so I leave it at that.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 9:54am
our front five were munched! the ball the halfbacks rceived was very poor nine times out of ten therefore they could do nothing with it. very dissapointing but you cant win them all.   llanelli rfc have done us proud all season, and i'm certainly not going to start slating them after one poor performance.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 9:59am

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

our front five were munched! the ball the halfbacks rceived was very poor nine times out of ten therefore they could do nothing with it. very dissapointing but you cant win them all.   llanelli rfc have done us proud all season, and i'm certainly not going to start slating them after one poor performance.

Well said redeyes, there a far to many here that just can't can't cope with the odd loss. Remember people, it's a game you cannot win them all.

Through Thick And Thin!
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 12:59pm

Originally posted by Rodney Rodney wrote:

Handling was just damn awful. It was like watching my 10 year old play. You expect them to drop the ball a few times when they play rugby, but not these boys, the ones that are one step from full professionals.

What was worse, in my opinion, was the attitude of some of our "supporters". I know the ref wasn't the best, but was there need for one person to constantly hurl what could be classed as abuse towards him?? There were young children at the game, and as ambassadors to the club, it's not the sort of thing that needs broadcasting. We've had masses of bad press over the last few months, we don't need more, do we? I felt that making these jibes against the ref was un-necesary, and whoever was doing this, as loud as he was doing it, needs to sort themselves out. I'm all for giving my vocal support to the players, but when it comes to ***ging off professionals and semi professionals alike, I tow the line, unless I can do a better job, and since I do not have the required refereeing qualifications, I assume that I cannot do a better job, so I leave it at that.

I Wasn't there

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Jerry Dammers View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 1:32pm

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

I agree RE!

I think people who are not happy with the Scarlets season are placing too much hope on the semi pros. The obvious disappointment of no trophies this season (let's be honest!) has transfered hopes to the semi pro division, To expect the same amount of success for the semi pros is unfeasible given the difference in competitions and standards. Obviously I hope the semi pro side does well, but I feel the title is slightly beyond them this year. Let's be honest, who thought they'd be challenging on two fronts after last season? well done llanelli RFC this season, not winning a trophy will not be classed as a disappointment, this season has been a huge success in it's own way.

Was there a good crowd there by the way? as a part time supporter myself I didn't go.

pwllendprincess View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwllendprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 1:58pm
gutted
PwllEnd Princess (P.E.P) xxxx
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 5:07pm
[QUOTE=redeyes]our front five were munched! the ball the halfbacks rceived was very poor nine times out of ten therefore they could do nothing with it. very dissapointing but you cant win them all.   llanelli rfc have done us proud all season, and i'm certainly not going to start slating them after one poor performance.[/QUOTE]

couldn't have put it better myself. second in the league and still in the running for the cup, can't be too bad.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2004 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by jarr jarr wrote:

[QUOTE=redeyes]our front five were munched! the ball the halfbacks rceived was very poor nine times out of ten therefore they could do nothing with it. very dissapointing but you cant win them all.   llanelli rfc have done us proud all season, and i'm certainly not going to start slating them after one poor performance.[/QUOTE]

couldn't have put it better myself. second in the league and still in the running for the cup, can't be too bad.

Fully agree but thats still no excuse for p*ss poor play. We beat ourselves and thats hard to take as on paper the jacks had no right to the win but we seemed to just expect to win if we turned up. Sadly, the game's now over as I can't see Neath dropping silly points like we have

Front row was dreadful and Aled's throwing was very poor - doesnt look good for the rest of the season when 2 out of 3 hookers can't hit their men.......

Scarlets - Pro 12 Champions 2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic