Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tavis operation ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crug Mawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by Snedds Snedds wrote:

Jesus lads, give the kid a chance.

What's it been, 3 pre-season games and he's already a British Lion in waiting?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Me neither - I know he's good but so was MR at the beginning and at various spells. I still stand by his pass as being the best but yes he was a bit arrogant. Plus GD was awesome for the first few games last year then didn't cope too well when the pressure was on- remember that game? Its all about peaks and troughs and - ROTATION.

I take it you mean the Treviso game where GD was replaced by Tavis before half time?

We have to be fair to Gareth as he picked up an injury (thigh I think) early in the game and played on when he should have come off. A young player who had put in some good performances, particularly against Edinburgh. His dad told me Gareth regretted his decision to play down the injury.
'Some players act hard. Delme just was. His presence could lift any side.'

Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 6:31pm
Just over eager is all. His first start on merit. Fine player Gareth...bet his dad tried to flog you car deal in amnongst the rugby chat
Crug Mawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crug Mawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Just over eager is all. His first start on merit. Fine player Gareth...bet his dad tried to flog you car deal in amnongst the rugby chat

Spoketo him on an all dayer in your home town Smile - duw some of the pubs there are not what they were.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 6:51pm
Steady now... ... to be fair he has done a spectacular job with the Emlyn Arms there.
Crug Mawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crug Mawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 7:01pm

Steady now... ... to be fair he has done a spectacular job with the Emlyn Arms there.

Indeed he has, that and the Ivy Bush are great, but the PelicanDead

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 7:04pm
Yes, disappointing. In need of an upgade. The Ivy Bush was in the family in the 60's,70's and 80's.
The rugby club's new venue is due to open soon...certainly before end September...spoke to a few of the committee in the Crymych game last Saturday. Looks nice from driving by.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

Gareth - Rees     U16s last season.
another ammanford boy.i don't know why they don't move the staium to ammanford to save on travelling expenses.(it's okay wil we'd have a free shuttle from emlyn)LOL
joss View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

[QUOTE=Wil Chips]...aye and Justin James too...'appen it'll be a'right'

Smelly and the pro Martin R boys will be on in a little while to tell us they told us so...

I'd say that Rhodri has already shown more qualities than Martyn did in his spell with us, and he doesn't upset fans and referees doing it either!!
Rhodri's got more talent in his little toe than Roberts ever had/has!! Arrogant little pr1ck he was!![/QUOTE] Have a little respect munOuch
#HUMANTOURS Rise above the rest
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

Gareth - Rees     U16s last season.
another ammanford boy.i don't know why they don't move the staium to ammanford to save on travelling expenses.(it's okay wil we'd have a free shuttle from emlyn)LOL

Typical Ladram moment,,,,,, LOLLOLLOL

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 4:48am
Apologies for mis-direction of thread in to pub evaluation.

Tavis will be involved in every game as either back up or starting scrum half. That's really why I am concerned that what we will get back from the RWC will be a player needing a more severe corrective procedure than if it was addressed now.

We need the Team Wales players back in to the Scarlets fold as quickly as they can...a week after they return ideally. It will take time to blend them back in and I see the October LV games as a good chance to do just that.

Edited by Wil Chips - 01 September 2011 at 4:49am
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 8:10am

Apologies for mis-direction of thread in to pub evaluation.

Tavis will be involved in every game as either back up or starting scrum half. That's really why I am concerned that what we will get back from the RWC will be a player needing a more severe corrective procedure than if it was addressed now.

We need the Team Wales players back in to the Scarlets fold as quickly as they can...a week after they return ideally. It will take time to blend them back in and I see the October LV games as a good chance to do just that.

I was waiting for someone to mention food and all hell would break lose, then Gate 12 would muscle in or is that cockles, or oysters......WinkBig smile

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 11:08am
Ladram, totally with you! move the region to ammanford....the new centre of scarletdom!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 11:22am
Let's compromise. Cross Hands is at the centre of the Llanelli, Llandovery, Carmarthen triangle and it's difficult to see how any sort of large building could make it look worse. It looked much better with the conical coal tips.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 11:22am
Welcome to Heart and Soul rugby country...Ammanford.

Doesn't have the same ring to it in my view mun.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Rhodri's got more talent in his little toe than Roberts ever had/has!! Arrogant little pr1ck he was!!

dont be so bloody ridiculous, and abusive !!
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 11:41pm

...aye and Justin James too...'appen it'll be a'right'

Justin been sent back to train with the rfc mate    

shocked really, as he's a very good player and that only leaves us with 2 players in a critical position (and one of those has only been here a few days )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic