Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Bath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team for Bath
    Posted: 16 October 2017 at 8:31pm
Based purely on who didn't feature much last week

Rob EVs
Ken
Samson
Bulbring
Lewis Rawlins
Shingler
Boyde
Barclay
Gareth Davies
Patch
Steff
Parkes
JD
Mcnichol
1/2p

Elias Wyn Kruger Beirne ball Asquith Johnny EVs (or Aled) Scott
Sponsored Links

henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 8:32pm
Although looking at that team now I begrudge leaving Beirne on the bench
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Although looking at that team now I begrudge leaving Beirne on the bench

I appreciate that there are going to be some sore bodies and less petrol in the tank for a few players but I’m guessing that everyone will want to be involved in this match. It’s one of those occasions that a player just wants be be part of and I’m guessing they will all be doing everything they can to play.

The coaches have been incredibly shrewd in their selections and the way they rested players out in Toulon, I fully expect our best 15 to take the field Friday. The boys can absolutely empty the tank and have an 8 day rest before we play the blues.

Rob ken Samson beirne ball shings Boyd Barclay Cawdor patch Steff Scott fox mcnicoll halfers

Wyn Kruger Elias rawlings bullbring Aled parkes asquith
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 8:56pm
Yes I think the coaches were very shrewd in their selection for yesterday’s game and nearly got it spot on, but we don’t know the exact nature of the injuries to certain players. We don’t know whether Barclay and Rob Evans will be available for selection for Friday, hopefully they will be.
If they are fit for the game then I do agree that we field the strongest team available and then rest some of them against the blues, as a defeat on Friday (perish the thought) would probably end our chances of progression in the cup.
Halfpenny, McNicholl, Foxy, Scott, Stef, Patchell, Cawdor, Rob Eva (if fit), Elias, Samson, Beirne, Ball, Shingler, Boyce and Barclay (if both are available)
Parkes, Asquith, Aled, Cruger, Ken, Wyn, Rawlings and Bullbring.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 8:56pm
I think the best available 15 did start against Toulon. If Barclay is available on Friday then maybe he should start, and Beirne revert to second row, Wyn Jones is playing so well that unless he's absolutely knackered he should start again with Rob on the bench. Boyde is apparently also recovered so again I'd have him on the bench. So I'd go for
1 Wyn
2 Ryan
3 Samson
4 Ball
5 Beirne
6 Shingler
7 Macleod
8 Barclay
9 Aled
10 Patch
11 Steff
12 Scott
13 Foxy
14 McNicholl
15 Halfpenny

16. Ken
17 Rob
18 Kruger
19  Rawlins
20 Boyde
21 Cawdor
22 Asquith
23 Parkes 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 9:05pm
I kept Rawlins in because he's fast becoming undropable especially against Josh Lewis or Priest where he'll be on them all game long.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

I kept Rawlins in because he's fast becoming undropable especially against Josh Lewis or Priest where he'll be on them all game long.

Fair comment he was incredibly good again yesterday.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 9:36pm
I'd be surprised if foxy won't be involved. Scott and Parkes to start imo. Has foxy started every game so far?

Edited by PE SA - 16 October 2017 at 10:06pm
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 9:49pm
If we're picking our best team then Parkes has to be in it. At present, along with Tadgh he'd one of the first 2 names on the teamsheet if I was selecting.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 10:17pm
Does anyone know if this is the last game we have our internationals for or are they available against Blues next week also??

I have faith that Pivac will pick the team which will get us the victory and tbh I cant see a weak squad member at present from the last few games
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Does anyone know if this is the last game we have our internationals for or are they available against Blues next week also??

I have faith that Pivac will pick the team which will get us the victory and tbh I cant see a weak squad member at present from the last few games

I think Pivac will rest most of his Welsh internationals for the Blues. They are getting too much game time at this point in the season. Does anyone get the feeling that he is trying to create 2 teams here, so that the international splay very litte unless they are together and similarly for teh non-internationals so that a strong team based morale is built?
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 10:27pm
Macleod, Ball, Beirne, Wyn, Rawlins, Foxy, Steff, McNichol have to start - then they absolutely need a break against the Blues.

Huge gamble, but Friday is our biggest game since... our last biggest game. Not over shooting it, but win this and we're in pole position in this group. I expect Benneton to give Toulon a decent game, but that's irrelevant - we've got to control our destiny.

Go flat out for this one, if Barclay, Rob and Boyde are back great, but 100% here and rotate for the league. Huge ask, I think we've got a decent squad for it.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 10:31pm
Barclay is such a talisman if fit he must start McLeod I rate very highly but Boyde and Barclay are ahead of him
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

I think Pivac will rest most of his Welsh internationals for the Blues. They are getting too much game time at this point in the season. Does anyone get the feeling that he is trying to create 2 teams here, so that the international splay very litte unless they are together and similarly for teh non-internationals so that a strong team based morale is built?
Yes. That is the plan I think. The 2 teams then merge after 6N
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 5:57am
‘Fitness test Wednesday’

Bit of a queue outside the docs room this week...

All trying to look like they’ve got Porthcawl wrong with them....these are the games no one wants to miss out on...
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 8:46am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

I'd be surprised if foxy won't be involved. Scott and Parkes to start imo. Has foxy started every game so far?

First game was against Ulster off the bench (3rd game in?), but think he has started everything since.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic