Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Edinburgh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team for Edinburgh
    Posted: 11 February 2020 at 11:28am
Ok we have some idea of availability apart from of course any returnees from Wales. I think we'll have Rob & Aaron maximum available so my line up is as follows :-

15. AOB 14. Baldwin 13. Fonotia 12. Steff 11. Steff 10. Dan 9. Hardy
1. Rob 2. Taylor Davies 3. Samson 4. Sam 5. Tex 6. Aaron 7. Josh 8. Uzair

16. Marc 17. Price 18. Werner 19. Rawlins 20. Dan Davis 21. Blacker 22. Asquith 23. Tom Prydie. 

Alternatively to combat predicted weather & Cockerill's tactics a 6/2 split may be considered with Cummins or Kennedy replacing Asquith. 
Sponsored Links

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 11:44am
GPR, I wouldn't mind that team at all. Cummins is a name barely mentioned these days and both Rawlins and Kennedy would be ahead of him in my book. Although I wouldn't be keen to push the following ahead of those you've selected I think we should be trying to find more opportunities for Conbeer and Sebastian, particularly as replacements as they have both shown that they are capable of changing matches when the game opens up.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

GPR, I wouldn't mind that team at all. Cummins is a name barely mentioned these days and both Rawlins and Kennedy would be ahead of him in my book. Although I wouldn't be keen to push the following ahead of those you've selected I think we should be trying to find more opportunities for Conbeer and Sebastian, particularly as replacements as they have both shown that they are capable of changing matches when the game opens up.

Ffidel I take your point. A huge part of me says put Conbeer on wing with Corey at 13 & Fonotia on the bench. I too would also like to see more of Sebastian. Maybe not starting this game as their loose head - Schoemann I think his name is can be a real handful. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 12:05pm
Prydie or Steff Evans ahead of AOB at fullback for me. I’d like to see us try Asquith on the wing also, defensively could cope with van der merwe where Conbeer could not. 
crj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 12:05pm
15. Prydie 14. Conbeer 13. Fonotia 12. Hughes 11. Evans 10. Jones 9. Hardy
1. Evans 2. Davies 3. Lee 4. Lousi 5. Ratuva 6. Shingler 7. Macleod 8. Casseim

16. Jones 17. Price 18. Kruger 19. Rawlins 20. Morgan 21. Blacker 22. O'Brien 23. Asquith

As it's an important game maybe Nicholas could be a good shout in the back 3, not sure where he's disappeared to.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 1:01pm
 Reports saying that we are unlikely to have Wales players released .

15, Sanjay/Prydie, 14,Baldwin,13,Fonotia,12, Hughes,11,Evans,10,Dinky,9,Hardy, 1,Price,2,Jones,3,Samson,4,Louisi,5,Ratuva,6,Thomson ? 8,Cassiem,7,Macleod.

subs,16,Asquith,17,AOB,18,J,Evans,19,D.Evans,20,Davies,21,Kruger,22,Cummins, 23,Rawlins/Kennedy 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 1:26pm
mark cant see either liam or blade playing Saturday. just wondering if the game will be on if the storms are going to be as bad as expected
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 1:31pm

Hopefully go back 24 hours if postponed, maybe Edinburgh will not be able to travel heavy snow forecast for Scotland this week. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 1:58pm
weather not great up in Scotland and the wind speed looks like 50-60mph on Saturday for down here
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 2:18pm
With this bad and erratic weather as well as global alignment,the case for Summer rugby becomes more compelling to me ! 

Edited by reesytheexile - 11 February 2020 at 2:20pm
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 2:24pm
How come 20 years after the Principality Stadium was built it remains the only covered rugby or football ground on this rainy, windy and cold island of ours?? Australia has loads and they arguably don't need them covered!

I know they cost more but the benefits of selling them as concert venues etc etc + the greater guarantee of a good game. Just think how good the Scotland v England game could have been if it had been played under a roof - I suspect Scotland might have won as well then
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 3:23pm
It’s not rugby without a bit of rain
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 3:32pm
Wouldn't rugby likely receive a boost in popularity if it didn't run side by side with the football season?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Wouldn't rugby likely receive a boost in popularity if it didn't run side by side with the football season?
it worked for rugby league.
its pro sport at the end of the day. entertainment. the rain and wind of winter for live rugby, or potential sunny evenings.
I know which id prefer. north terrace suntan be outstanding. I doubt we will see it happening though.

Edited by PE SA - 11 February 2020 at 3:52pm
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

With this bad and erratic weather as well as global alignment,the case for Summer rugby becomes more compelling to me ! 

Bearing in mind where you’ve lived before, are you (or related to) Lord Rees of Ludlow, the Queen’s Astronomer?

He’s/you’re mentioned in The Times having a view on the detected rhythmic repeated radio pulse from far into the galaxy.

Just asking.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Professional rugby may well, though grass roots would struggle. That's assuming of course that grass roots would move thier season too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic