Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Glasgow?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 5:16pm
It's not quite clear who is available (injuries and Wales players being rested), but Pivac hasn't said Foxy is getting a break, so it'll be something like:

15 McNicholl
14 Prydie
13 Foxy
12 Fonotia 
11 Steff
10 Patch
9  Hardy

8 Cassiem
7 Boyde
6 Rawlins
5 Cummins
4 Ball
3 Kruger
2 Elias
1 Rob Evans

16 Daf Hughes
17 Wyn Jones
18 Gardiner
19 Bulbring
20 Dan Davis
21 SHC
22 Dan Jones
23 Asquith

I'm assuming Kennedy is out after his HIA, and that Josh Macleod is still out as well as Marc Jones, Phil Price, Blade etc. - and that Cassiem is OK.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 5:52pm
I think we will go:
15. Johnny McNicholl
14. Tom Prydie
13. Kieran Fonotia
12. Paul Asquith
11. Steffan Evans
10. Rhys Patchell
9. Kieran Hardy
8. Uzair Cassiem
7. Wil Boyde
6. Lewis Rawlins
5. Steve Cummins
4. Jake Ball
3. Werner Kruger
2. Ryan Elias
1. Rob Evans
16. Marc Jones
17. Wyn Jones
18. Simon Gardiner
19. David Bullbring
20. Dan Davis
21. Sam Hidalgo Clyne
22. Dan Jones
23. Ioan Nicholas

Not expecting Foxy to be honest.
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 5:58pm
What's wrong with Marc Jones?
eds
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

What's wrong with Marc Jones?

Injured last time out - I think 'it was said' he won't be fit for a while, but I could be wrong.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:04pm

Marc Jones was struggling to be fit for Ulster game but turned out and played really well there seemed no ill effects or reaction .
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 9:21pm
I'd pick
15. Johnny McNicholl
14. Ioan  nicholas
13. Kieran Fonotia
12. Paul Asquith
11. Steffan Evans
10. Rhys Patchell
9. Kieran Hardy
8. Uzair Cassiem
7. Wil Boyde
6. Lewis Rawlins
5. Steve Cummins
4. Jake Ball
3. Werner Kruger
2. Ryan Elias
1. Wyn Jones
16. Marc Jones
17. Rob Evans
18. Simon Gardiner
19. David Bullbring
20. Dan Davis
21. Sam Hidalgo Clyne
22. Dan Jones
23. Tom Prydie

My main worry would be lack of pace in the back row, with Dan Davis not yet quite ready to take over from one of the other 3.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 11:05pm
Keep Foxy, Ball and Ken away from Glasgow's plastic pitch, don't want to risk our star players in a game we are unlikely to win.
Keep the faith
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 11:55pm
Shouldn’t be unlikely to win we have a good record up there.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 6:55am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Keep Foxy, Ball and Ken away from Glasgow's plastic pitch, don't want to risk our star players in a game we are unlikely to win.
I don’t know why you think they’re unlikely to win. Scarlets have a very good chance
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 9:39am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I don’t know why you think they’re unlikely to win. Scarlets have a very good chance

We don't do well on plastic pitches and Glasgow are capable of giving anyone a hiding at home. We are no longer capable of doing the same. We may well be if we could field a settled team for a run of games but that is not likely to happen soon.
Keep the faith
insidehalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insidehalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 9:42am
It always bothers me at the end of an International window that we need to give our senior players a weeks break, when we need them on the park to gel ready for our European games. Because if they suddenly came up with another international to play this weekend they would all be hoping to play in it.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 9:48am
Originally posted by insidehalf insidehalf wrote:

It always bothers me at the end of an International window that we need to give our senior players a weeks break, when we need them on the park to gel ready for our European games. Because if they suddenly came up with another international to play this weekend they would all be hoping to play in it.

Pivac has said we are only resting Ken, Hadleigh & Gareth so we will have everyone else (with the exception of Halfpenny) back for selection.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 9:50am
After opinion on selection for hooker on the bench? Has Marc Jones done more than Dafydd Hughes in the minutes they have played? Regardless of experience I think Dafydd Hughes looks the better player personally.
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 9:58am

We don't do well on plastic pitches and Glasgow are capable of giving anyone a hiding at home. We are no longer capable of doing the same. We may well be if we could field a settled team for a run of games but that is not likely to happen soon.

Don't understand your pessimism again. We've a fairly good record in Glasgow compared to others, last time out we won comfortably 28-13 and the time before 26-14. We are very capable of giving most teams a hiding on our day. Remember class is permanent and form is temporary my friend and we have a lot of class.

I do agree with not risking Foxy though.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 10:06am
I assume Glasgow will be in the same boat as us with Internationals returning etc. When we play them both sides fully loaded as in the semis of the pro 14 last season I am confident we can beat them as we tend to have the edge up front which is their achilles heel. As for this season I have my doubts as to whether we are firing on enough cylinders yet, particularly away,  to get that edge. I will probably go for a Glasgow win in the Baz predictions. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 11:38am

We don't do well on plastic pitches? Didn't we stuff them up there last season? Also beat the Blues on a plastic pitch.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic