Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Saturday?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

1) Rob 2) Ken 3) Samson 4) Ball 5) Beirne 6) Shingler 7) Cubby 8) Boyde
9) Jon Evans 10) Patchell 11) DTH 12) Hadleigh 13) Foxy 14) Steff 15) Liam

16) Elias 17) Wyn 18) Kruger 19) Bulbring 20) Barclay 21) Gar Dave 22) Dan Jones 23) Scott

Assuming (hoping) Shingler, Cubby and Patch are fit. Strong team and experienced bench to close the game out.

Too right it's got to be our strongest side but not everyone will think that your selection is quite the strongest.
I would change -
 9)- Aled, )11 Steff 13) Scott 14) McNicholl
 and bench -
21) Jon Evans 23) Foxy
Fair discussion.
Personally don't think Aled's box kicking is good enough for what is likely to be a windy Galway encounter. McNicholl looks tired to me and as a result, error prone so DTH starts he's looked good recently.
Foxy is a more natural 13 than Scott so he gets my pick there. Hadleigh has to start in my eyes.
Did you miss how poor he was off the bench against the Dragons? To not score that chance at the end was criminal, a test winger scores that
That one fluffing of his lines apart, I thought he was okay and the stats back that up. Over 50 yards in a short period, no pens given away, no missed tackles.
Sponsored Links

Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 11:12pm
15 Sanjay
14 DTH
13 Foxy
12 Parkes
11 Steff
10 Patch
9 Jon Evs
8 Barkley
7 Cubby
6 Shingler
5 Beirne
4 Ball
3 Samson
2 Ken
1 Rob

16 Wyn
17 Kruger
18 Elias
19 Bulbring
20 Boyde
21 Cawdor
22 Dan
23 Scott

Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 11:33pm
Exciting final two rounds in the Pro12, can't let this opportunity of a semi slip. 
And We Were Singing...
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

15- Sanjay
14- McNicholl
13- Scott
12- Hadleigh
11- Steff
10- Patch
 9- Aled
 8- Barclay
 7- Cubby
 6- Shingler
 5- Bulbring
 4- Ball
 3- Samson
 2- Ken
 1- Rob

16- Wyn
17- Elias
18- Werner
19- Beirne
20- Boyde
21- Cawdor
22- Dan
23- Foxy

I'd be tempted to swap Boyd and Barclay - not sure Barclay has 2 big matches on the bounce left in the tank and we need him against the Os.

I think Tadgh deserves to start in the row.

Its a final this one, let's get the job done and Barclay's leadership is vital. Love the energy that Beirne and Boyde would bring from the bench. Harsh on both and Elias after all they've done this year, but this is what having depth does I expect, good players having to miss out on starts. Tom Price is another one Ive reluctantly left out of the 23.

You just know though that when the team is announced most will say, happy with that. We've come a long way. Just one big effort on Saturday and seasons goal achieved, c'mon boys.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 5:16am
WWe've got to the point where it's hard to criticise the team picked too much because our squad depth is so good. That being said, like others I wished Liam would play FB.
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 6:30am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

We must go fully loaded to Galway as a win will seal the deal prior to the Ospreys game with Ulster having Leinster in their final game, and they are out of the HC now with only the Pro 12 to focus on.
I just hope that Aaron and Patch are available and Cubby has recovered.

Also Hadleigh must start.

I don't want to have to win against the Ospreys TBH as we have shown in the past that we don't tend to do very well in those situations.

Completely agree. It would be nice going in to the Ospreys game with no pressure of qualifying for the play offs and with them having to win to win to guarantee their place. Hopefully the weather will hold in Galway and we'll have a nice track out there.

Imperative that Patch plays if fit, needs minutes before the Ospreys match and the play offs. Cubby whilst important, if he's not 100% i'd rest him. WB at 7 and JB at 8 will be fine. I'd play Parkes and Scotty as Scotty needs to find form and we need him in form. I can see the rationale behind playing McNichol at 15 but this is basically knock out rugby now and we are in with a chance of winning something for the first time in years so, for me, Liam has to play 15. What is the situation with Jake's NDC? Has he played 16 matches or whatever the limit is yet?

Someone on one of the other threads suggested not playing Ken, Liam and JD in the run in because of their Lions selection and Liam's pending move. Never heard so much rubbish in my life. Business end of the season, chance of silverware. All hands on deck!!

No idea about what the deal is...Read somewhere that after the 16games, it goes down to a decision with Welsh coaches where we may nee to make a case...but Jake did not feature much in autumn series as Cory Hill was preferred to him. He has already played 16games, I would expect him to play v Connacht, and if we win, he will not take part in Ospreys match. 
Same goes for Foxy and Samson Lee. Foxy is on 15 and Samson is on 14. Samson like ball has'nt had heavy game time with Wales as Francis has been Wales starting tighthead but Foxy has played everything and every minute too I believe for Wales, so he may not feature v Connacht - depends on how it all works as to be honest, I dont think anybody does! 

Hopefully, with only a maximum 4 games left - 2 league games and potentially semi and final, no matter how many games they have played, these 4 games are all more or less cup final games, so hopefully our 3 NDC lads are available for all 4 matches. 

I also agree with you regarding the point of "resting ken, foxy, liam"! I seriously doubt any player wants to rest at such a crucial stage of a silverware hunt season. I am sure Ken is itching to lead the side to glory, I am sure Foxy wants to be heavily involved in the hunt for silver wear and no doubt Liam wants to leave a champion. Leaving these players out now will be extremely foolish as they are our box office players along with Scott, Parkes, Cubby, Rob Evs, Jake etc. 

They've set a precedent on this point I believe. 

Read somewhere that Bradley Davies has agreed with the Welsh coaches NOT to tour this summer. 

If he can have that 'let off' when he came back to Wales on a NDC, then I think that the WRU should look favourably at any request by us with regard to playing Foxy Samson and Ball.

O's and Scarlets should be treated equally in my view.

Bradley has agreed not to tour because his wife is expecting a baby
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 11:19am
Cubby's out for the next two games - Pivac at today's PC.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 11:21am

Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

15- Sanjay
14- McNicholl
13- Scott
12- Hadleigh
11- Steff
10- Patch
 9- Aled
 8- Barclay
 7- Cubby
 6- Shingler
 5- Bulbring
 4- Ball
 3- Samson
 2- Ken
 1- Rob

16- Wyn
17- Elias
18- Werner
19- Beirne
20- Boyde
21- Cawdor
22- Dan
23- Foxy

I'd be tempted to swap Boyd and Barclay - not sure Barclay has 2 big matches on the bounce left in the tank and we need him against the Os.

I think Tadgh deserves to start in the row.

Its a final this one, let's get the job done and Barclay's leadership is vital. Love the energy that Beirne and Boyde would bring from the bench. Harsh on both and Elias after all they've done this year, but this is what having depth does I expect, good players having to miss out on starts. Tom Price is another one Ive reluctantly left out of the 23.

You just know though that when the team is announced most will say, happy with that. We've come a long way. Just one big effort on Saturday and seasons goal achieved, c'mon boys.

We need to accept that it's a 23 man game now and the bench is as important (if not even more important) than the starting 15 so I wouldn't expect a player who is benched to feel in any way aggrieved.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

He's still recovering from his shoulder injury.

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 11:55am

It's a blow but I think it's one we can cope with
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:11pm
Does that mean Shingler and Boyde are OK?
theflier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theflier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:21pm
From a blues perspective, its in connachts interest to lose to you(8th gets to play a shoddy aviva team away and then home, vs 7th plays racing away and then connacht away).. I can't imagine their hearts will be in it too much.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:25pm
We don't tend to go that well in Galway!

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:29pm
Officials for Connacht
Referee: Mike Adamson SRU, 7th game
ARs: Lloyd Linton SRU, Helen O’Reilly IRFU
Citing: Murray Whyte IRFU
TMO: Charles Samson SRU

Edited by minded - 25 April 2017 at 12:29pm
Tumblescarlet67 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumblescarlet67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

It's a blow but I think it's one we can cope with

Do you know if there's a chance of him making it back for the play offs ?
The Brain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:48pm

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic