Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Bath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Tumblescarlet67 Tumblescarlet67 wrote:

Shame Jonny Williams is injured , yet to be convinced about Tyler Morgan , hopefully he’ll have a cracking game this weekend.

Magical things happen at the Rec.... 
Sponsored Links

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Tumblescarlet67 Tumblescarlet67 wrote:

Shame Jonny Williams is injured , yet to be convinced about Tyler Morgan , hopefully he’ll have a cracking game this weekend.

Its a big game for Tyler, pretty much his first start for us and a chance to really lay a marker down against a high quality back division. He's got the quality, just has to do it in a Scarlet jersey.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 2:35pm
Strong side for us...Hughes- Morgan are a solid defensive couple. A natural pression over Morgan for fans aspectatives...he is class and how watched in last test matches, he can compete for 13 shirt.
Right decision about Conbeer e Morgan, they deserve to be selected .
A very hard match against a solid team, hope in a good refering
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 3:55pm
Forwards as expected... I'm a little surprised that Steff H and Tyler have been preferred to Asquith and Foxy, but in truth Foxy is still feeling his way back to match fitness... I also expected McNicholl on the wing, but he's out, so Conbeer definitely deserves his chance.

It should be a good contest.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 4:04pm
We are going to be exposed for speed and size in our back 3 thats for sure. Time for Ryan Conbeer to show he has learnt defensively since being exposed by Duhan van der Merwe last season. Our best chance here is going to be to get after their 9/10 axis with Cawdor making a nuisance of himself like only Cawdor can do.  
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

We are going to be exposed for speed and size in our back 3 thats for sure. Time for Ryan Conbeer to show he has learnt defensively since being exposed by Duhan van der Merwe last season. Our best chance here is going to be to get after their 9/10 axis with Cawdor making a nuisance of himself like only Cawdor can do.  
I see what you mean but I think the Scarlets back three can cause Bath’s a lot of problems as well. While their wings are very dangerous in attack the least said about their positioning and ability under the high ball the better 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I see what you mean but I think the Scarlets back three can cause Bath’s a lot of problems as well. While their wings are very dangerous in attack the least said about their positioning and ability under the high ball the better 

Lets hope so Stef. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 4:25pm
Let's hope our two weeks of training by Zoom and a day of the real thing will be enough to cause an upset..😵
Keep the faith
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 4:27pm

if we kick to them we better kick and chase well, otherwise they will run all over us

Those wingers are a right handful and Watson is a top class player with ball in hand

whose bath's goal kicker folks?
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

if we kick to them we better kick and chase well, otherwise they will run all over us

Those wingers are a right handful and Watson is a top class player with ball in hand

whose bath's goal kicker folks?

Priestland usually, next choice unsure
Scarlets before Wales
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 7:14pm

The Sarries 9 on loan, took over the kicking Spencer and did not miss a kick .
  The Bath wings are good going forward, not sure about there defence though.
   Conbeer and Steff Evans, are as much of a threat .

Come on SCARLETS!!! A little worried about our  lack of attacking threats in midfield ,and I would have gone for a 6-2 split on the bench. I notice Bath have, as I said they will aim to dominate up front.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Come on SCARLETS!!! A little worried about our  lack of attacking threats in midfield ,and I would have gone for a 6-2 split on the bench. I notice Bath have, as I said they will aim to dominate up front.
Bath obviously fancy their chances of dominating us up front.

It will be a tough game.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 8:57pm
I would have chosen dinky for a defensive game in poor conditions. We may well get the conditions but with our backs selection, I doubt whether we're going to do anything other than try to spread the ball wide.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2020 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Bath obviously fancy their chances of dominating us up front.

It will be a tough game.
The Scarlets front five is stronger than theirs. Samson gave Obano a hiding a couple of years back. Biggest worry is coping with Underhill and Faletau and a lack of creativity at 10-12-13.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2020 at 8:14am

I think we can match them up front its the pace behind I am concerned about. By the way 157 Ben Spencer apparently isn't on loan from Sarries. He signed a long term deal which led to Aled replacing him at Sarries. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2020 at 8:24am

I think we can match them up front its the pace behind I am concerned about. By the way 157 Ben Spencer apparently isn't on loan from Sarries. He signed a long term deal which led to Aled replacing him at Sarries. 

Agrree with you re.the pack GPR,although I think both Elias and Lousi need to have big games(had Davies not been injured I would have liked to see him start,and Lousi needs to justify selection).10 and 12 too static for me,but best of luck to the boys today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic