Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Ulster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 9:42pm
haydn -You have Steff on the bench after possibly being our best back in Glasgow, and certainly the one who looks most likely to beat opposition players. We probably need to win this one 5-0 points wise if we are to proceed in the competition.
Sponsored Links

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 10:00pm
Look at the impact our bench could have
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 10:33pm
Apart from those coming back after injury who may not last a full 80minutes, don't you think they would have more impact over 60 minutes than 20?
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 12:48am
Pivac must be totally confused about selections after reading all these posts .πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Keep the faith
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 5:54am
I’d have Stephen picking the team..sniff..πŸ˜‰
crj89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 9:08am
Does Rob Evans penalty count annoy anyone else? He's a class act around the park, but I find it annoying when we get pinged and knocked back 4050- metres.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 9:26am
Rob hasn't been the same since he went for the blond  hair style (now thankfully gone) !!!!He has lost his mojo somewhat starting with the Wales number 1 spot.Lets hope he finds it asap!

Edited by reesytheexile - 05 December 2018 at 9:26am
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 10:54am
You would expected Samson to have had problems following hair cuts not Rob.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 11:31am

Don't forget, Ulster have far more to play for than we do, If they win with a BP, and Leicester lose with no BP, they can climb  above Leicester, with a decent margin! Their last game was a hard-fought W, so they will have momentum - different to us.

So I fear for the game.
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Bryn A! Wel! Bryn A! Wel! wrote:

Don't forget, Ulster have far more to play for than we do, If they win with a BP, and Leicester lose with no BP, they can climbΒ  above Leicester, with a decent margin! Their last game was a hard-fought W, so they will have momentum - different to us.

So I fear for the game.

If we win with a bonus and Tigers get nothing,won't be go 2nd ???
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 12:18pm
Both teams are at the last chance saloon so they have it all to play for Friday which will make this a stern contest. We are a far better team than they are & should be too strong up front. However our form suggests that predictions are very difficult. We really need to win both our remaining home games with bonus points to be in a position to finish a good enough 2nd. I don't see Racing losing either game against the Tigers so we are shooting for 2nd. Whether we can up our game in Belfast will show whether we are remotely in with a chance in Paris in January.

I see that Kennedy probably won't be risked Friday although he is back training so I would go with Rawlins at 6 to combat their direct carrying approach. 
Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

If we win with a bonus and Tigers get nothing,won't be go 2nd ???

True Mark, but the momentum is with them, so I hope we can pick up the initiative and negate that.
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Both teams are at the last chance saloon so they have it all to play for Friday which will make this a stern contest. We are a far better team than they are & should be too strong up front. However our form suggests that predictions are very difficult. We really need to win both our remaining home games with bonus points to be in a position to finish a good enough 2nd. I don't see Racing losing either game against the Tigers so we are shooting for 2nd. Whether we can up our game in Belfast will show whether we are remotely in with a chance in Paris in January.

I see that Kennedy probably won't be risked Friday although he is back training so I would go with Rawlins at 6 to combat their direct carrying approach. 

Ulster could still get to 24pts with 4 BP wins. We can only get to 21pts. However if we do manage a 5-0 win then Ulster could still get to 19pts with 3 BP wins. 

I'm pretty sure that Toulon managed a play off spot last season with only 17 points in the pool stages. So I'd say that Ulster are by no means in last chance saloon, but we most certainly are. Sadly we are not helped of course with Steff having wasted a 3-1 overlap in the dying minutes in the Tigers match. 

Oddly enough he is usually very adept at getting the ball to a team mate who is in a better position to score.

Edited by ap sior - 05 December 2018 at 2:39pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Ulster could still get to 24pts with 4 BP wins. We can only get to 21pts. However if we do manage a 5-0 win then Ulster could still get to 19pts with 3 BP wins. 

I'm pretty sure that Toulon managed a play off spot last season with only 17 points in the pool stages. So I'd say that Ulster are by no means in last chance saloon, but we most certainly are. Sadly we are not helped of course with Steff having wasted a 3-1 overlap in the dying minutes in the Tigers match. 

Oddly enough he is usually at getting the ball to a team mate who is in a better position to score.

Fair point. I am being guilty of assuming that they have no chance Friday & also when they play Racing again so they really have it all to play for. That last minute penalty try could come back to haunt us. Unlike last season when even with our poor start I felt we could win our last 4 games I don't fancy us in Belfast or Paris based on our shocking away performances this season. Its a hell of a test for the coaching group & players to turn this around. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 3:30pm
It's supposed to be very windy on Friday. I do hope that we have taken this into account in our planning. I sometimes get the impression that we try to play the same expansive, passing style whatever the situation and conditions. We need to plan to use the conditions and to be flexible enough to change our style along with them. Against Glasgow the only change we seem to have made was not to risk penalties by matching Glasgow's physicality at the breakdown when they were a man down. This didn't work as the ref penalised us for trivial offences anyway, and we didn't have enough possession to run the ball.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 3:34pm
Game management is one of the many issues we have at the moment. That has to be down to Cawdor & Rhys to get right. Sounds like an night for playing in the right area before attacking. Nothing new there its up to our forwards to set the platform. You can lay your mortgage on the fact that Ulster will look to play territory & use Henderson, Reidy & Coetzee to carry hard & close to the rucks before looking for Stockdale with probing kicks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic