Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Zebre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I think Javan is at the best level i’ve seen him play. Carried well and stopped attackers. 

He was noticeably carrying well last week, not easy for a prop in those conditions.
Sponsored Links

N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2020 at 2:26pm
I posted on this forum fairly recently, whilst watching a game (I forget which one), that Javan looked completely out of his depth and doesn't cut the mustard. However he has improved from that moment, and looked decent against Edinburgh all things considered. Not sure he'll ever be a world-beater to be honest, but we could certainly do much worse at tighthead at the moment.
Kentexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2020 at 5:04pm
With Javan he is probably the longest run of games starting at this level for us and with game time and increasing match fitness he is looking a decent player 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2020 at 6:06pm

He definitely is, many props do not reach there potential until mid to late 20s .Laurence Delaney a prime example.
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2020 at 6:20pm
Could do with a second row and TH on a short term deal 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 1:07pm
WRT Javan - he's always been a bit of a roly-poly prop and at one time I never thought he'd be more than a bit-player. TBF to the guy - he has stepped up, has consistently improved and is now a very decent squad player. He's not bad at all in the scrums, and is a decent carrier.

Maybe he needs,also, to develop a bit of the cheek needed to tell a ref what his opposite number is getting away with. On present form, though, I'm happy to see him as our no. 2 behind Samson.

Werner is a great servant to the club, and can still do a job, but time is not on his side. I'm glad he's still here though... Samson has had his injury problems of late, and we need both Werner and Javan.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 2:01pm
Seen we’ve recalled drake back from his loan, is louisi back for zebra or still banned? 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 2:16pm
One more week for Lousi.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 2:21pm
was Conbeer injured in run out v Dragons?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

was Conbeer injured in run out v Dragons?
he did limp off
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 2:52pm
No players from Wales to be released.

When asked, Richard Whiffin said RW: “No, we aren’t. In normal circumstances I am sure we would have players released, but in these strange times with Covid and bubbles I can totally understand why the national team are keeping their bodies in house. We understand the situation, we have a good squad here and we back the boys that are with us to get the job done.”

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

No players from Wales to be released.

When asked, Richard Whiffin said RW: “No, we aren’t. In normal circumstances I am sure we would have players released, but in these strange times with Covid and bubbles I can totally understand why the national team are keeping their bodies in house. We understand the situation, we have a good squad here and we back the boys that are with us to get the job done.”

And other countries dont have Covid? Understand it but makes no sense if other countries arent following the same rules. Must be so hard for players to be away from families for so long and dont even play. 
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 3:18pm
I'm guessing positive cases at the Dragons and Ospreys can be used to underpin the WRU's position with some legitimacy, at least this week anyway.
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 11:08am
COVID might be the excuse the WRU use to say why the non player release for this week but for me last week was inexcusable,we desperately needed Jake as we are down to bear bones in the row,also Hardy and Johnny need game time..Same side for me this week thou..Jac Price will probably come into 2nd row,Heard Dinky is out with a ankle injury,so Costello on the bench for me 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 11:26am

The strange thing is a day before the South Wales Argus, was reporting the Dragons had a fully fit squad ,for Connacht game ...Then 24-48 hours later the Covid report came out, interesting that Connacht had 4 players released for game ...
   It was absolutely disgraceful that Jake Ball was not released last week, especially  as  we were down to the bare bones at lock ...How are the Welsh Region's  expected to compete, with very little help from its Union ...It feels as if our hands are tied behind there backs, and they want the Welsh Region's to fail, so sad. 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 11:54am
15. Junior Laloifi
14. Pierre Bruno
13. Giulio Bisegni (Cap)
12. Tommaso Boni
11. Giovanni D’Onofrio
10. Antonio Rizzi
9. Joshua Renton
8. Lorenzo Masselli
7. Antoine Koffi
6. Nardo Casolari
5. Ian Nagle
2. Leonard Krumov