Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team vs Benetton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 11:08pm
I was beginning to wonder if Llanelli was now a Tax Haven.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 8:38am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Who are Tax and Hagan????? 
Rishi Sunak is starting his retraining as rugby coach but can’t quite let go of his current job.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 9:23am
So if Benetton are getting players back, will we?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I am sure that getting guys back is being constantly discussed between Pivac and Delaney. I was hoping that we would see Liam, Patchell & Cubby for urgently needed minutes this weekend. Patchell is now a non starter as Sheedy is still with Bristol as they may be stepping in to replace Wasps. Hopefully we could see the other two. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 10:01am

No
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 10:04am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I am sure that getting guys back is being constantly discussed between Pivac and Delaney. I was hoping that we would see Liam, Patchell & Cubby for urgently needed minutes this weekend. Patchell is now a non starter as Sheedy is still with Bristol as they may be stepping in to replace Wasps. Hopefully we could see the other two. 
Patchell and Liam will likely get game time against France. I wouldn’t expect to see any of the Wales squad players until well into 2021
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Patchell and Liam will likely get game time against France. I wouldn’t expect to see any of the Wales squad players until well into 2021

By which time our season will more than likely be over, European competition too.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 10:21am

Surely that can't be correct Stef. What about local derbies & Europe? I agree as above about Patchell. Liam is a surprise as how on earth he is deemed fit to play France without any rugby for months is frankly nonsense.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 11:08am

Surely that can't be correct Stef. What about local derbies & Europe? I agree as above about Patchell. Liam is a surprise as how on earth he is deemed fit to play France without any rugby for months is frankly nonsense.
That’s what is being suggested on the grapevine. The France game is a warm-up it’s perfect for Liam if he’s fit 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 11:56am
It should not be a surprise that we will be without the internationals until after the 6N.ots been talked about for a fair few weeks. In a normal season we would have player release if a player wasn't involved etc. We would also have them after the autumn internationals.but these are not normal times. The players will be in camp in their bubble building some team cohesion I suppose ahead of the 6N. With Europe starting is it the same weekend or the week after the last international, that should be obvious enough that we are without them for that period. We MIGHT have them for Christmas derbies, but I'm not holding my breath. Its a season without nearly 20 players. First teamers. If we have them before the end of the 6N I will look at it as a massive bonus. Its a season that is going to be huge for the likes of Tom Rogers, Ryan Conbeer, Sam Costellow, Jac Morgan, Morgan Rees etc. 
Its certainly going to be an interesting season for us. Hopefully a few of the youngsters that will have an opportunity will take it to give further selection headaches. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 12:02pm
Well not having them back for Europe/derbies etc is news to me. If that is mirrored throughout the Celtic nations then we can forget any of our teams competing in Europe as I cannot see the English premiership or the top 14 standing for being without their International players for what is effectively mid October 2020 to end of March 2021 - 5 months plus.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 12:51pm

Well not having them back for Europe/derbies etc is news to me. If that is mirrored throughout the Celtic nations then we can forget any of our teams competing in Europe as I cannot see the English premiership or the top 14 standing for being without their International players for what is effectively mid October 2020 to end of March 2021 - 5 months plus.
It’s the same for the English and French sides. Nobody is getting precious about it this season. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 12:58pm

It’s the same for the English and French sides. Nobody is getting precious about it this season. 

Well the French sides got pretty precious about the Autumn campaign. They only reached a last minute deal to safeguard the Wales game. Two squads of 31 players playing 3 games maximum suggest to me that they are taking their top 14 competition seriously. Sponsors may have something to say about what is effectively downgrading the European pool stages to a 2nd 15 competition also. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 1:00pm

I guess we will see in December
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 1:17pm

Well the French sides got pretty precious about the Autumn campaign. They only reached a last minute deal to safeguard the Wales game. Two squads of 31 players playing 3 games maximum suggest to me that they are taking their top 14 competition seriously. Sponsors may have something to say about what is effectively downgrading the European pool stages to a 2nd 15 competition also. 
This season is all about survival 
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 1:53pm

It's the same in some respects but for pro14 teams like us, Leinster, Munster, Treviso, Edinburgh etc. we're significantly disadvantaged because of the volume of players we've got in the national squads.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic