Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Telegraph's potential 41 squad for 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Telegraph's potential 41 squad for 2021
    Posted: 12 July 2017 at 2:47pm
Article is here:- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/07/11/lions-2021-41-man-squad-tour-south-africa-four-years-time/

But nice to see Elias and Steff in there, earmarked for potential greatness!

Edited by minded - 12 July 2017 at 2:48pm
Sponsored Links

najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 3:30pm
A load of speculative nonsense - Wales Online has a similar article too.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Much like every thread you create on this forum then...
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 4:21pm

Isn't every thread you create speculative and based on guesses and assumptions?
All Time Favourite Scarlets XV

B Davies, M Jones, R King, J Davies, D James, S Jones, D Peel
R Evans, K Owens, J Davies, V Cooper, C Wyatt, S Easterby, J Davies, S Quinnell
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 4:43pm
What a load of crap. Who ever thinks of these pieces of "journalism" is by far a person clutching at straws.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 6:26pm
I thought it was an interesting read personally and a good chance to hear about up and coming players by those well qualified to judge.
Not every piece of journalism has to be depressing, super accurate crunch stories.
Reckon of our boys Rob, Elias, Ken, Samson, Cawdor, Patchell, Scott, Steff and Foxy are all potential tourists, even from being the long end of 4 years away.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 6:43pm
Not sure that Liam will " kick on at Alliance Park" though.  
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

I thought it was an interesting read personally and a good chance to hear about up and coming players by those well qualified to judge.
Not every piece of journalism has to be depressing, super accurate crunch stories.
Reckon of our boys Rob, Elias, Ken, Samson, Cawdor, Patchell, Scott, Steff and Foxy are all potential tourists, even from being the long end of 4 years away.

Well Sospan you can add Jake & Tadgh to that list in my opinion.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well Sospan you can add Jake & Tadgh to that list in my opinion.
Good shouts. I considered both however I haven't seen Beirne at a higher level than Pro12 yet and Ball needs to become more dynamic to reach those heights.
Attainable for both no doubt. Also looking forward to seeing MacLeod's development. Looks to have the minerals to play at the very top.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Isn't every thread you create speculative and based on guesses and assumptions?

Smile
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 4:56pm

I was interested in the Elias pick and wondered how much longer Ken will keep him out of the team.
To my mind, it is difficult balance between" "size" and "dog" in the front 5 and watching Exeter this morning made me wonder if the game will stay on this course to get faster and faster.  

Rob Evans has a great chance of going, I would think. My guess is Foxy will be done at 34, a hard position for longevity, and Steff will be right in there with Patchell, as Gats et al will be gone by then.

NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2017 at 2:37pm
Hmmm, I suspect there's a fair chance that Gats will still be in the frame as Lions coach for 2021 - he wants to complete his set of tours, will have finished with Wales and probably won't be invited to coach the All Blacks.

So, after some downtime in NZ & a bit of high level 'consultancy' around the world (post-RWC Japan?), he'll be ready to dedicate a year to preparing the B&I Lions for South Africa without depriving a nation of its coach on a sabbatical.

Hopefully with a new attack coach, mind - they say that Sexton is good. Wink

Just my theory...Smile

Twitterer @ebenezer68
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2017 at 3:08pm
Perfectly feasible assessment Nobby. Much will depend on how Eddie & England kick on I think. Eddie has said to would like the Lions job one day & he too leaves post after 2019. Gregor Townsend's stock as an attack coach is very high at the moment but things can change quickly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic