Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tevita Ratuva joins french club Brive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 9:52pm
Lloyd Ashley? James King? 
Sponsored Links

BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Who are the 2 osprey castoffs? 

Lloyd Peers and King. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by BBledd BBledd wrote:

Lloyd Peers and King. 
It can't be either of them!!! Surely
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Lloyd Peers and King. 

Let's hope not... 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:17pm

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Lloyd Peers and King. 

Let's hope not... 
Oh dear...
Peers is being mentioned..
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:49pm
Will be bitterly disappointed if that’s true. 
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:55pm
I would like if the board announce something positive, a player resigning or a new player signing. Over the past few weeks the Ospreys have announced that Anscombe is nearly set to play after posting a small video, they've announced Tom Francis is heading there, and to a region 'which is going places' in his words. Down the Blues they have Dai Young going there and Dwayne Peel. 

And so far, we've announced two players leaving for sure and one, Jac Morgan, who could also be leaving. We are linked to WilGrif John and that is it. 

It'll be great for some great news to come out from the Parc. We are always behind with announcements, and we seem to take ages to announce signings. 
eds
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:58pm
Whats going on, if this is true. Losing two international second rows and bringing in dross. Hope this rumour is a mistake. All of our remaining second rows are better quality.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

Over the past few weeks the Ospreys have announced that Anscombe is nearly set to play after posting a small video, they've announced Tom Francis is heading there, and to a region 'which is going places' in his words. 
Anscombe is nowhere near returning to play. He has just started jogging in a straight line. 
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:05pm
With two 2nd rows going I'd like to see us bring in at least 1, brilliant if 2 can arrive, who'll be a clear 1st choice. I'd be happy then with a squad player for that position.

I can see Morgan Jones being 1 of the 2 as a first choice in the 2nd row. 
eds
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:10pm
Forgot to add Priestland is off to the Blues as well. So more good news around the other regions.

Even the Scottish clubs have announced new signings today. We are always behind with announcements. 
eds
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:31pm
Wouldn't be surprised to see us having a look at Cheetahs players... Someone like Walt Steenkamp. 121KG and 6"8.
Also potentially looking at a new Zealanders or two. 
We seem to be in a bit of a rebuild phase. Possibly forced or planned but what is llikely to be happening is that the NWQs who may not be guaranteed first choice next season may all be leaving. 
Does that open the door for more?

Will Kruger be replaced by Schultz beyond this season?
Will a NWQ take Tex place?
Will a NWQ take Cassiems place? 
Will a NWQ take Asquith place? 
Will a Welsh player take Jakes place. 
Will a Welsh player take Jac Morgans place?

Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:36pm
Surely Asquith will be wq this season anyway
Dylan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dylan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Surely Asquith will be wq this season anyway

He has a bunch of Aussie Sevens caps, so that ties him to Australia doesn't it?
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:37am
If they getting Jac and we having the dross of Peers and King I be fuming that’s awful business and indicates serious money problems to me. 

Edited by Why - 14 January 2021 at 1:37am
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 4:53am
A series of departure announcements in a short period of time is just that.

The other regions will be shedding players in due course, like any pro sport really.

We have perennially kept our proverbial powder dry on recruitment and retention, nothing bad comes from that approach really, other than it does heat the blood up of the support base of course.

It follows that we are sourcing 2nd rows of similar or better caliber to Tex and Ball, and hopefully one's that are not party to Team Wales or other international call ups. Tex hasn't started more than a dozen games for us yet due to international duty, Covid, and suspension, and Ball is an irregular member of the team with just 16 games in the 2019 and 2020 calendar years. With this in mind I hope we see and recognize the value addition of a guys like Kalamafoni ( and Lousi--assuming he keeps his head on).

Huge opportunity for Price, Drake and Jones in the boiler house dept too. All 3 have impressed me this season. Much as I advocate an NWQ solution, seeing these 3 develop is an exciting prospect too.

The back row is also pretty laden with burgeoning talent. Iestyn Rees seems to be highly thought of, Dan Davis is a real talent, and of course we have yet to see Carwyn Tuipulotu on the bigger stage. Tom Phillips is another that has been best with injuries but is in the squad.

Edited by Wil Chips - 14 January 2021 at 4:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic