Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tevita Ratuva stats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tevita Ratuva stats
    Posted: 25 September 2019 at 1:01pm

These make good reading for me, Tevita in one and a bit games with a three day turnaround for Fiji ,Runs13, carries 11, metres made 55,passes 2,tackles 15 , tackle success 83% . Everything crossed for an injury free next two games and hopefully be with the Scarlets by end of October .Looks a huge talent, and may well end up at 8 ??

Edited by 157cb - 25 September 2019 at 8:47pm
Sponsored Links

Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 2:28pm
I was disappointed Mark if I'm honest. Based on this one game and only that! He perhaps has potential rather than being a ready to go first teamer. I think he looked like what he perhaps is, a player with no proven pro club rugby experience? He's a lump for sure and I hope that he hits the ground running for us. But he was more project than pro today.

Before people start screaming "give him a chance ffs!" Absolutley, we wont know what we've got for around 6 months. But as there was a thread I thought I'd give my twopenneth.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 3:36pm
If we are thinking of trying him at 8 then perhaps his potential is more important than experience at second row. Perhaps we've identified that we want a big, athletic forward who can handle the ball and who could be deadly bursting from a 10m scrum or ploughing through a rush-defence. These types are few and far between, and signing the finished product would be very expensive even if we could find another Billy Vunipola.
Tex may be a bit of a gamble at the moment but may turn out to be a masterstroke in a year's time.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 3:43pm
He has the raw materials. Big quick great hands decent in the lineout & he is young and hungry. Thats a decent start. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 8:15pm

Yes we were depleted with long term injuries to key players last season, but our forwards for the most part were toothless and lacked ball carriers, with some senior players missing in action to often, there were exceptions Josh Macleod and Dan Davies out in Racing against a huge home pack were both immense!!!
The highlights reel of Tevita Ratuva and his metres made are really impressive,third in Fijian squad at World Cup at moment for metres made and aged only 24,and not played in nearly a year .

I cannot wait to see him rampaging around Parc Y Scarlets with his pace, holding the ball like a tennis ball in his giant hands, with those fantastic off loads seen in the highlights reel!!!
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Yes we were depleted with long term injuries to key players last season, but our forwards for the most part were toothless and lacked ball carriers, with some senior players missing in action to often, there were exceptions Josh Macleod and Dan Davies out in Racing against a huge home pack were both immense!!!
The highlights reel of Tevita Ratuva and his metres made are really impressive,third in Fijian squad at World Cup at moment for metres made and aged only 24,and not played in nearly a year .

I cannot wait to see him rampaging around Parc Y Scarlets with his pace, holding the ball like a tennis ball in his giant hands, with those fantastic off loads seen in the highlights reel!!!

I'll run with your optimism Mark, I'd be delighted for him to be that player. 
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I'll run with your optimism Mark, I'd be delighted for him to be that player. 

Have faith Rob! Brad Mooar as brought this guy in that's enough for me!

Roll on Saturday bois!!!
caucaunibuca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caucaunibuca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 8:45pm
Please correct the spelling of the title of this thread to Tevita Ratuva.

Will be interesting to see how Tevita adapts. Fiji to Llanelli is a big transition. I would know. He went to the top school in Fiji for producing rugby talent. I think making sure he is made to feel at home when he comes will be key. When Mata went to Edinburgh he was extremely home-sick. But with some love look what they have made him into.
"Just grab the ball and fly, think you can fly" - Rupeni Caucaunibuca (advising Joe Rokocoko before his first game for the Auckland Blues)
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by caucaunibuca caucaunibuca wrote:

Will be interesting to see how Tevita adapts. Fiji to Llanelli is a big transition. I would know. He went to the top school in Fiji for producing rugby talent. I think making sure he is made to feel at home when he comes will be key. When Mata went to Edinburgh he was extremely home-sick. But with some love look what they have made him into.

Apologies for the miss spelling, excellent post!
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

I was disappointed Mark if I'm honest. Based on this one game and only that! He perhaps has potential rather than being a ready to go first teamer. I think he looked like what he perhaps is, a player with no proven pro club rugby experience? He's a lump for sure and I hope that he hits the ground running for us. But he was more project than pro today.

Before people start screaming "give him a chance ffs!" Absolutley, we wont know what we've got for around 6 months. But as there was a thread I thought I'd give my twopenneth.
Yeah but Leone Nakarawa and Semi Radradra are two of the world’s best players and they were both hopeless this morning as well. Matavesi, who is a good player, missed two kicks in front of the posts. I think Fiji as a whole were rubbish this morning. We will just have to wait and see what he’s like when he arrives. He’s got all the attributes it just depends how he adapts to a professional environment and conditioning etc.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 5:01am

The PIs tend to hang out with each other on Sundays - but not homogenously. Fijians with fijians, samoans with .. etc. What is the list of Fijians in the 4 regions as well as the West Country? 
Scarlets before Wales
caucaunibuca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caucaunibuca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 8:25am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

The PIs tend to hang out with each other on Sundays - but not homogenously. Fijians with fijians, samoans with .. etc. What is the list of Fijians in the 4 regions as well as the West Country? 

I'd say the pacific islanders in Wales/West are down on previous years in general. There are a smattering of PI players that have come through NZ school system playing in Wales (Lee-Lo, Halaholo, Fia, Fonotia?).

In terms of Fijians playing in Wales/West Country there aren't many at all:
Joe Cokanasiga, Semesa Rokoduguni at Bath.
Nathan Hughes at Bristol (along with a wider group of Tongans & Samoans that are keen to foster islander values)

Need to head more westwards to London Irish before you get a larger contingent of Fijians such as Alivereti Veitokani (worth a watch on youtube) and Albert Tuisue who both came straight from the Islands last year.
"Just grab the ball and fly, think you can fly" - Rupeni Caucaunibuca (advising Joe Rokocoko before his first game for the Auckland Blues)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic