Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Brexit bonus...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Borders have been done to death on this thread mate and I think we agreed to disagree last time.  Entry into the UK is a limited time thing for those EU passport holders without jobs and why wouldn't you want to give open access to EU passport holders looking for work or holidaying for a fortnight?  Border officials can stop undesireables such those with terrorist convictions whether they have EU passports or not.  We really do have control already in my opinion.

France has always cooperated with the UK by keeping migrants in camps on the French side.  This has already started to relax and we are seeing more and more illegal imigrants coming acroes the channel.  The reality is that with the French 'opening up', our borders will become less secure, not more.

And for anyone who hasn't seen it coming, we're going to have to keep the borders effectively open as part of the trade deal with the EU in any case. Put all this together and we have the worst of all worlds.

As you said Rob we will agree to disagree - with mutual respect I would add. 
Yes indeed GPR, and I would add, I come from a standpoint where nobody ever accused me of being right very often. Smile
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129
  Share Topic