Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Brexit bonus...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 34>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 9:31am
I do wish politicians and business would stop playing politics using Brexit and people's fears.
Sponsored Links

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 9:32am
UK Gov spending another £2 billion on Brexit and no-deal preparations: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/more-than-2-billion-brexit-preparation-funding-awarded-to-departments-for-a-successful-eu-exit

Banana Republic.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

UK Gov spending another £2 billion on Brexit and no-deal preparations: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/more-than-2-billion-brexit-preparation-funding-awarded-to-departments-for-a-successful-eu-exit

Banana Republic.
hope the shape of the bananas conforms to EU regulations mike.LOLLOLLOL
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Banana Republic.

It won't have to in 2025 when we finally leave !!!

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

There are reports that 3500 troops are being held at readiness for a “no-deal Brexit”.
This is terrifying. It’s not far from martial law.

I read that as scare tactics. And besides, there's nothing wrong with having contingency plans for worst case scenarios. A Government would be failing if it did not do so - Cameron and the referendum being a case in point!

I've found the news on protests in France more concerning than this but the rise of civil unrest or dissatisfaction? across Europe is a worry yes. Guess we'll just see what happens here - there'll no doubt be a few protests in London over the next few months. 

No mun. Can't believe that Sospan Mawr would engage in low scare tactics. It's just a dark, very pessimistic, bleak, doom ridden  but genuinely deeply held belief. 
Might be hard for you to comprehend, but I’m not the one preparing the troops..
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Banana Republic.

It won't have to in 2025 when we finally leave !!!

None of us will be able to afford a banana by then anyway
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 4:05pm
Bloody bananas, coming over here... taking our apples' jobs...
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 5:14pm
And bent GLBT bananas at that!!!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 1:30pm
The biggest decision in 70 years and all these clowns can do is play pantomime and accuse corbyn of mumbling stupid woman under his breath....Even if he had mumbled stupid woman or stupid people, so blinking what? They are ignorant and stupid. Is that anything compared to the endless screaming and animal noises theyre bleating during serious debates...This is a classic example of diversionary tactics, twisting and mis-using political correctness to divert from the real issues....
Nero fiddled as Rome burned.

Edited by roy munster - 20 December 2018 at 1:31pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 9:22am
Exciting week next week or just another anti-climax?

It's so hard to pass something this big through when there are at least three separate groups (hard leave, soft leave, remain) spread across all parties in Parliament and none have a majority. Or leverage.

Retrospectively I think cross-party collaboration and discussion (with concessions) was badly needed - TM took on her own hardliners and tried to play hardball. 

It's hard to see any decisive outcome from anything at the moment, so are we fated for either no-deal or an extension?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 4:38pm
Corbyn calling for a general election to break the deadlock:

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 1:06am

Exciting week next week or just another anti-climax?

It's so hard to pass something this big through when there are at least three separate groups (hard leave, soft leave, remain) spread across all parties in Parliament and none have a majority. Or leverage.

Retrospectively I think cross-party collaboration and discussion (with concessions) was badly needed - TM took on her own hardliners and tried to play hardball. 

It's hard to see any decisive outcome from anything at the moment, so are we fated for either no-deal or an extension?

Theyre all squabbling amongst themselves when the should have played hardball with the EU
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 8:47am
Undoubtedly. A referendum shouldn't be offered when there is not enough political strength to execute either outcome. And I'm not speaking as a "loser" - the evidence of the last two years bares me out as to what a mess it can make if this is not done. My view is "it's happened, let's make the best of it" - which I believe many more Remain MPs should have also taken BTW - but we have seen our House is not functional for these situations and the perception is too many people have been playing politics from weak positions rather than trying to actually get stuff done. In saying that, it's a phenomenally complex situation and I suspect people didn't appreciate the intricacies of how Parliament functions or even how challenging it is to legally separate ourselves from the EU (me included) and balancing all those factions is neigh on impossible. It's a massive power struggle behind the scenes right now for who can implement "their" Brexit. From an abstract point of view it'll be interesting to see who wins but this is all quite damaging short-term for the country and public moral and trust in politicians are worryingly low.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:44am

Undoubtedly. A referendum shouldn't be offered when there is not enough political strength to execute either outcome. And I'm not speaking as a "loser" - the evidence of the last two years bares me out as to what a mess it can make if this is not done. My view is "it's happened, let's make the best of it" - which I believe many more Remain MPs should have also taken BTW - but we have seen our House is not functional for these situations and the perception is too many people have been playing politics from weak positions rather than trying to actually get stuff done. In saying that, it's a phenomenally complex situation and I suspect people didn't appreciate the intricacies of how Parliament functions or even how challenging it is to legally separate ourselves from the EU (me included) and balancing all those factions is neigh on impossible. It's a massive power struggle behind the scenes right now for who can implement "their" Brexit. From an abstract point of view it'll be interesting to see who wins but this is all quite damaging short-term for the country and public moral and trust in politicians are worryingly low.

Can't disagree with any of the Dr M. Remainers & Leavers can all agree on one thing - the whole negotiation process performed by this Government has been flawed since day 1. Public School educated, career politicians are not negotiators. Barrow boy entrepreneurs like Lord Sugar & self made entrepreneurs like Dyson & the Wetherspoons founder Tim Martin made their money by being excellent negotiators. 

One of the arts of good negotiating is to always have confidence that you have prepared a fall back position to walk away if you believe the other side are not negotiating in good faith. This Government have clearly failed in this regard and now are faced with a take it or leave scenario. I remain to be convinced that Theresa May has any plan prepared if she loses the vote next week. It could be a very interesting week in politics. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:52am
Right from day one, it's never really been about what the people want; it was assumed the people would vote by a small margin to remain.  So the Tories played with fire for their own internal political reasons and are now being badly burned - problem is, so is the rest of the country.

I watched Question Time last night (the first with Fiona Bruce) and was struck me was that the audience spoke far more eloquently and with far more sense than the panelists. 

That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Right from day one, it's never really been about what the people want; it was assumed the people would vote by a small margin to remain.  So the Tories played with fire for their own internal political reasons and are now being badly burned - problem is, so is the rest of the country.

I watched Question Time last night (the first with Fiona Bruce) and was struck me was that the audience spoke far more eloquently and with far more sense than the panelists. 

Yeah, I'm sick of people saying their own opinions or politics are "what the public want", being "the people's voice", or represent "democracy". Both sides have done this all the way through and it now comes across as wincingly out of touch and arrogant considering it's roughly 50:50 on almost any Brexit-related subject (I'm just guessing this - no majority consensus is my point).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 34>
  Share Topic