Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


The Brexit bonus...

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103
Author
Message
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 08 May 2005
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 8577
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 34 minutes ago at 1:31pm
May no,
Cameron no,
Brown ?
Blair no, Iraq
Major no, affair with Edwina
Thatcher no,
Callaghan ?
Wilson no
Heath ?

Not sure about some there. Don't think I've missed anyone out, unless you go back further.

I know, what about Jim Hacker ?



Edited by ap sior - 3 hours 32 minutes ago at 1:33pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 7812
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 4 minutes ago at 2:01pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

May no,
Cameron no,
Brown ?
Blair no, Iraq
Major no, affair with Edwina
Thatcher no,
Callaghan ?
Wilson no
Heath ?

Not sure about some there. Don't think I've missed anyone out, unless you go back further.

I know, what about Jim Hacker ?


can't disagree with that - Boris is in very good company. 
Back to Top
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: Oxford
Status: Online
Points: 10741
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 59 minutes ago at 2:06pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

A PM or President appoints cabinet to attend to the detail. Clearly you have to be intelligent enough to grasp the issues but the art of leading is delegation. Boris is constantly portrayed as a buffoon & frankly that plays into his hands. Members of the EU negotiating team are on record saying they were extremely impressed by his grasp of the detail and negotiating abilities.

The other major asset any political leader requires is the ability to garner votes. This is where Boris comes into his own. His buffon character resonates with vast areas of the electorate enough indeed to get them to vote him in twice against the odds against Red Ken in London. He is the darling of the Tory grass roots and despite his battles with many MP's within his party he is still way out in front as the man most likely to deliver a GE victory. The latest polling showing approval ratings for both leaders shows Boris at 44% and Jeremy at 21%.

Writing Boris off as a lying buffoon is really missing the point amazingly.

Says it all really. Wink Don't think people are writing him off when saying he is a lying buffoon at all, and the buffoon is acknowledged by most as a created persona. I've said to people here that Boris is obviously very good at getting on with people, even those he has political disagreements with, which is a key skill in politics. You can see in the EU meetings recently the difference between how he and TM interact with other EU leaders and vice versa. I think it's the lying I have more of a problem with but if I'm in the minority on that particular minor issue, you know from the leader of our country, then so be it. 

Can you remember the last totally honest PM Dr.M? I am struggling. 

No, sadly not, so I suppose politics and lying are inseparable at present. I guess all that matters then is their cause for lying and perhaps how often they are called up on it. We're probably in the situation where it's political suicide to tell the truth. As I said earlier, I suspect people don't want to hear the truth and would far rather to believe in BS. You reap what you sow and maybe this is why we have the politicians we do. It seems extreme at present and there's no ramifications for blatant bollocks.
Back to Top
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: Oxford
Status: Online
Points: 10741
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 57 minutes ago at 2:08pm

The government will abandon its Brexit bill if MPs vote down its three-day timetable to get it through Parliament.

A No 10 source said if the programme was rejected and the EU confirmed a delay to 31 October UK exit, it would instead push for a general election.

The source told the BBC: "We won't waste further months with this Parliament."

The Withdrawal Agreement Bill was published on Monday night and MPs are now debating it in the Commons.
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 12648
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 42 minutes ago at 2:23pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

https://nyebevannews.co.uk/swinson-fails-to-declare-family-company-was-given-3-5m-euro-by-the-european-union/

I knew there was something I didn't like about this lady with a fairly condescending attitude. No prizes for guessing why she wants to remain then - politicians I ask you.

Yes her husbands company getting £4.5 million in EU funding is a massive amount and yet this tale has been strangely overlooked by the BBC and mainstream media. Hes also an ex liberal democrat. Her whole take on simply cancelling brexit is an absolute disgrace.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 12648
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 41 minutes ago at 2:24pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

A PM or President appoints cabinet to attend to the detail. Clearly you have to be intelligent enough to grasp the issues but the art of leading is delegation. Boris is constantly portrayed as a buffoon & frankly that plays into his hands. Members of the EU negotiating team are on record saying they were extremely impressed by his grasp of the detail and negotiating abilities.

The other major asset any political leader requires is the ability to garner votes. This is where Boris comes into his own. His buffon character resonates with vast areas of the electorate enough indeed to get them to vote him in twice against the odds against Red Ken in London. He is the darling of the Tory grass roots and despite his battles with many MP's within his party he is still way out in front as the man most likely to deliver a GE victory. The latest polling showing approval ratings for both leaders shows Boris at 44% and Jeremy at 21%.

Writing Boris off as a lying buffoon is really missing the point amazingly.

Says it all really. Wink Don't think people are writing him off when saying he is a lying buffoon at all, and the buffoon is acknowledged by most as a created persona. I've said to people here that Boris is obviously very good at getting on with people, even those he has political disagreements with, which is a key skill in politics. You can see in the EU meetings recently the difference between how he and TM interact with other EU leaders and vice versa. I think it's the lying I have more of a problem with but if I'm in the minority on that particular minor issue, you know from the leader of our country, then so be it. 

Can you remember the last totally honest PM Dr.M? I am struggling. 
atlee
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 31 August 2014
Location: Caerdydd
Status: Offline
Points: 5849
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 37 minutes ago at 2:28pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

https://nyebevannews.co.uk/swinson-fails-to-declare-family-company-was-given-3-5m-euro-by-the-european-union/


I knew there was something I didn't like about this lady with a fairly condescending attitude. No prizes for guessing why she wants to remain then - politicians I ask you.


Sadly there's very little between the Blairite wing of the Labour Party and the likes of Swinson. They're all neo-liberals to the core, believing in tax-cuts for the rich and austerity for the rest of us, and are more than willing to help themselves to ensure that they and they're families end up in the latter category. What's even worse is most of them will still defend the war - criminals Bush and Blair and support sanctions against whoever the US wants to destroy, but is afraid to invade lest the body bags start rolling home.
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 12648
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 19 minutes ago at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

https://nyebevannews.co.uk/swinson-fails-to-declare-family-company-was-given-3-5m-euro-by-the-european-union/


I knew there was something I didn't like about this lady with a fairly condescending attitude. No prizes for guessing why she wants to remain then - politicians I ask you.


Sadly there's very little between the Blairite wing of the Labour Party and the likes of Swinson. They're all neo-liberals to the core, believing in tax-cuts for the rich and austerity for the rest of us, and are more than willing to help themselves to ensure that they and they're families end up in the latter category. What's even worse is most of them will still defend the war - criminals Bush and Blair and support sanctions against whoever the US wants to destroy, but is afraid to invade lest the body bags start rolling home.

It surprises me how little stick cameron got over his libyan debacle...He made many of the same mistakes as warmongers blair and bush
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 7812
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 31 minutes ago at 3:34pm
It takes a proper leader to know when to go to war - basically when every other avenue is totally exhausted and no alternatives remain. Blair, Bush, Cameron & Obama are all guilty as not charged!!!!!
Back to Top
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 31 August 2014
Location: Caerdydd
Status: Offline
Points: 5849
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 10 minutes ago at 3:55pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

It takes a proper leader to know when to go to war - basically when every other avenue is totally exhausted and no alternatives remain. Blair, Bush, Cameron & Obama are all guilty as not charged!!!!!


You mean supporting the US empire's moves for world domination and nicking some weaker nation's oil might not be a good reason - I wonder why our media didn't think of that?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.141 seconds.