Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Next Lamb to the Slaughter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Next Lamb to the Slaughter
    Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:46am

Ok ...The king is dead long live the King

Any Suggestions

No elvis impersonaters need apply

Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:48am
What king are you riddling on about?
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:54am

Originally posted by Quagmire Quagmire wrote:

What king are you riddling on about?

Not Reagan....I heared the quote about the king etc this week and this is the first time i have been able to use it..expect to see it cropping up for a few more days until i get bored

BTW What is riddling, is it griddling without the g, or is it what a character from the old batman series does in his green tights and his '! 'on his chest

brynroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brynroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:56am
He thinks your talking in riddles
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:58am

I not talk in riddles, that be no1 son , i be no2 son

jonescnnr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescnnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 12:03pm
I hope Avram Grant applies.
jonesy
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by jonescnnr jonescnnr wrote:

I hope Avram Grant applies.

Why not Mourinho?

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 2:54pm

I'll make one comment about the next coach.

When he is paraded before the assembled press, Roger Lewis needs to make one thing very clear. The person will be allowed the full 4 years to build for the next WC in New Zealand in 2011. They will not be judged on this year's 6 Nations Championship and it doesn't matter if they send out a young team and lose several games. It is all about building for the WC and as long as there is steady progress towards that date then defeats to Italy and Scotland amount to absolutely nothing.

The one thing the southern hemisphere teams have learned (and maybe even NZ have learned it this time round) is that you spend the years in between world cups building a squad. Oh, how we all laughed and told the world how great we are when we won the Grand Slam, beat South Africa, drew with Australia and lost to the All Blacks by 1 point. We murdered the Aussie pack. Yet, here we are in WC year and the Aussies beat us at Cardiff, the South Africans won't lose to Fiji and the All Blacks are sweeping all before them. Where is our Grand Slam now? So, who cares about 2005 on the world stage?

So it should be goodbye to any player that can't contribute anything to the 2011 world cup and build a squad of players who will have 4 years of playing as a team - and the coach should be given the support to achieve that with the news that silly defeats and internal squabbles won't lead to the coach being thrown to the lions.

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 3:55pm

Good link here from the BBC regarding past coaches' records.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/4858748.st m

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 3:57pm

All good stuff Abbey but it wont happen. A bad loss to someone and the Eastern Snail gets wound up and shouty with its fifth rate journalists looking for easy targets and increased sales. Then Pickering gets nervous, thinks he should do something and sacks the poor bludy coach. Its the way it goes.

Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

All good stuff Abbey but it wont happen. A bad loss to someone and the Eastern Snail gets wound up and shouty with its fifth rate journalists looking for easy targets and increased sales. Then Pickering gets nervous, thinks he should do something and sacks the poor bludy coach. Its the way it goes.

Bit kind don't you think??

Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I'll make one comment about the next coach.

When he is paraded before the assembled press, Roger Lewis needs to make one thing very clear. The person will be allowed the full 4 years to build for the next WC in New Zealand in 2011. They will not be judged on this year's 6 Nations Championship and it doesn't matter if they send out a young team and lose several games. It is all about building for the WC and as long as there is steady progress towards that date then defeats to Italy and Scotland amount to absolutely nothing.

The one thing the southern hemisphere teams have learned (and maybe even NZ have learned it this time round) is that you spend the years in between world cups building a squad. Oh, how we all laughed and told the world how great we are when we won the Grand Slam, beat South Africa, drew with Australia and lost to the All Blacks by 1 point. We murdered the Aussie pack. Yet, here we are in WC year and the Aussies beat us at Cardiff, the South Africans won't lose to Fiji and the All Blacks are sweeping all before them. Where is our Grand Slam now? So, who cares about 2005 on the world stage?

So it should be goodbye to any player that can't contribute anything to the 2011 world cup and build a squad of players who will have 4 years of playing as a team - and the coach should be given the support to achieve that with the news that silly defeats and internal squabbles won't lead to the coach being thrown to the lions.

A great posting, i believe the problem lies with the powers to be listen to the press and believe they are running a popularity contest....When the going gets tough over the next 4 years as it surely will, i wonder who will need to grow a set of gonards , the coach or the wru...the latter i think

GregJones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 11:01pm
go to the WRU site and look at the structure of the WRU. It is a mass of people. Are they all needed? http://www.wru.co.uk/809_14318.php
blindlinesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blindlinesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 8:41am

I think we need two forceful personalities at the top of Welsh rugby, that feel empowered to talk openly.

1. Chairman / CEO that is not afraid to state the objectives and the strategy.

2. Coach that is not afraid to state his vision, and clearly state the rules by which players would be considered for selection. If there is a plan, and an agreed set of rules, and then subsequently a player etc break the rules or doesn't achieve fitness targets then that players should be publicly dropped.

The WRU does need to be slimmed down and have a professional management team. But more than that I hope we get a new coach who is able to create a winning mentality (at all costs, whatever they are)

blindlinesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blindlinesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 8:49am

[QUOTE=GregJones]go to the WRU site and look at the structure of the WRU. It is a mass of people. Are they all needed? http://www.wru.co.uk/809_14318.php[/QUOTE]

Maybe the WRU Haven't officially sacked GJ yet! He's still there on the coaching page

http://www.wru.co.uk/2634_2406.php

jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 5:16pm
Think Eddie Butler would be fantastic on board the WRU. Very educated man who has his views, is in touch with the game, and doesn't give 2 hoots who he upsets??
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic