Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I like the look of the replacement centre for the Ospreys, Hawkins. I’m apparently not the only family member that thinks that.

I read an interesting article about this boy a n few weeks ago. A very solid citizen who has a mighty kick on him - certainly one to keep an eye on. 
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Watching ospreys vs drags north and phlllips good for ospreys keddie and roberts good for drags, webb struggling though

Webb looked miles off the pace from Morgan’s break. 

Protheroe looking as sharp as ever. 
Re Webb, at first sight I thought that was an overweight backrower 

I said the same in real-time. 

Tomkins distribution is awful too!!

I fancy the ospreys hooker to have a 6 nations call up. He’s been superb every time I’ve seen him. 

Neither Tompkins or Webb would be in my 6 nations squad. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2021 at 9:13am
Tomos Francis has officially signed for the Ospreys.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2021 at 11:09am

Tomos Francis has officially signed for the Ospreys.
Great signing for them 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2021 at 11:49am
Misuse of what little money there is in the pot in my view.

The WRU can't seem to stop themselves spurning those limited funds on players in the last 2,3,4 years of their careers coming to/back to Wales with the primary, possibly sole, purpose of just maintaining their Welsh squad place.
Francis had exhausted all his ( quite clever) contract cards to stay with Exeter up til the end of this season. He will be 29 this year.

Awful value proposition for a region in my view. Rinse and repeat.

Scarlets have a shop window / catalogue of players that most teams would envy.
But as a value proposition, I'm not sure we will ever get our first 23 on a pitch.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2021 at 11:57am

The WRU can't seem to stop themselves spurning those limited funds on players in the last 2,3,4 years of their careers coming to/back to Wales with the primary, possibly sole, purpose of just maintaining their Welsh squad place.
Francis had exhausted all his ( quite clever) contract cards to stay with Exeter up til the end of this season. He will be 29 this year.

But as a value proposition, I'm not sure we will ever get our first 23 on a pitch.

If rumour is to be believed we are about to do the same thing a la WilGriff. Is he any better than Sholtz who is younger and certainly hungry.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2021 at 12:09pm

I would say props tend to go on a bit longer than other positions so a bit more logic on this one

you make a valid point about the others, certainly the likes of sanjay haven't set the world alight for country or region since his return
Airdaa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airdaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:54pm
For those of a certain age or those who are locked in  Ulster A v Leinster A is live on BBC sport N.Ireland and The Iplayer at 3pm this Friday afternoon.
I don’t know who the Leinster team are as they haven’t it yet but the Ulster team have quite a young but strong team out tomorrow.

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:03pm
Thanks Airdaa some rugby to watch this weekend 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Airdaa Airdaa wrote:

For those of a certain age or those who are locked in  Ulster A v Leinster A is live on BBC sport N.Ireland and The Iplayer at 3pm this Friday afternoon.
I don’t know who the Leinster team are as they haven’t it yet but the Ulster team have quite a young but strong team out tomorrow.

Thanks Airdaa. 

I’m probably streaming Ealing v Saracens at that time. Might catch up on the A match. 
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 5:45pm
Saracens lose 27-26 away at Ealing, with a team containing Vincent Coch, Billy Vunipola & Alex Davies. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 5:58pm
6-3 Glasgow 33mins gone but Glasgow hooker just been binned. We want Glasgow to win to stop Edinburgh closing gap on us
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 6:10pm
10-9 Edinburgh half time. Very even game. Edinburgh used man advantage to get ahead but Glasgow got pen. On half time. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 7:09pm
23-22 Glasgow, clock in the red. 
Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 7:10pm
Glasgow 23 Edinburgh 22 FT
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 7:11pm
Glasgow win it 23-22. Losing BP for Edinburgh. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177>
  Share Topic