Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 130>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Well Scot Williams can come back to his spiritual home, as for the rest not fussed.

Would welcome Scott back with open arms. Tipuric will probably go next season unless the WRU are feeling flush again and pay him to stay in Wales a la AWJ. 
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:29pm
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/farcical-ospreys-situation-just-unfolded-17323785

I'm not gloating at all, and it hurts me to say it, but this sounds quite serious. 
crj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:35pm
Honestly wouldn't take many of their players;

Owen Watkin, Luke Morgan, Justin Tipuric and maybe Dan Evans as he's with the region all year round.

Don't think we could afford Alun Wyn and at 34 don't think he represents value for money, especially as the region heavily invested in locks recently.

Edited by crj89 - 27 November 2019 at 1:35pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Honestly wouldn't take many of their players;

Owen Watkin, Luke Morgan, Justin Tipuric and maybe Dan Evans as he's with the region all year round.

Don't think we could afford Alun Wyn and at 34 don't think he represents value for money, especially as the region heavily invested in locks recently.

AWJ would come for free. He's got one of the 'withdrawn' NDC's. Or are these discount deals only available elsewhere? 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/farcical-ospreys-situation-just-unfolded-17323785

I'm not gloating at all, and it hurts me to say it, but this sounds quite serious. 

It's a bit chicken of the CEO to send an assistant coach (Pugh) and a senior player (Hook) to face a grilling by the media in these circumstances, IMO... unless he's too busy negotiating a severance package with Clarke, which is possible.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 2:24pm
I imagine that they are trying to come up with a severence package which could be quite large given he has still 18 months or so to run on his current deal.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 2:38pm
When the news is broken to the press by someone who was clearly entrusted to keep things quiet, it often creates these communication holes.

This is most likely linked to NDA's, exit package discussions , or a range of other things that mean the Ospreys could leave themselves wide open by making things official.

...or of course it could be they are on their way to 7th circle of hell...
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

When the news is broken to the press by someone who was clearly entrusted to keep things quiet, it often creates these communication holes.

This is most likely linked to NDA's, exit package discussions , or a range of other things that mean the Ospreys could leave themselves wide open by making things official.

...or of course it could be they are on their way to 7th circle of hell...

Someone somewhere in the Liberty is quickly deleted the texts in his or her phone.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:10pm
From the PRO 14 press conference in Cardiff this morning...

PRO14 head of communications Adam Redmond accompanied Richie Pugh and James Hook into the press conference room.

Originally posted by Adam Redmond (PRO14) Adam Redmond (PRO14) wrote:

There is legal background to the situation with Allen Clarke so neither of the guys are in a position to comment on that specifically. OK?
Originally posted by Richie Pugh (Ospreys coach) Richie Pugh (Ospreys coach) wrote:

Legally, I’m not in a situation to comment on that as a representative of the club ... I’m involved in the sessions. We’re prepping as we would normally
Originally posted by Jamie Rees (Ospreys head of marketing & comms) Jamie Rees (Ospreys head of marketing & comms) wrote:

We can’t comment on the coaching situation legally.

(pushed further by the media)
I'll say it again, we can’t comment legally, we cannot comment on the coaching situation.

Invidious situation for Pugh & hook to be in, but the legalities (ie - termination agreement, NDAs, or other ongoing legal situations) have to be sorted before any statement can be forthcoming, clearly. I just hope Allen Clarke himself is OK - watching his post-match responses, last season & especially this, I worried for him.

Edited by NobbySosban - 27 November 2019 at 3:16pm
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:38pm
Whatever the legalities of the situation, the organisation hung a pair of rugby employees out to dry in front of the press. By  doing that, they showed themselves for what they are- I'd best not use the adjectives I want to. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Whatever the legalities of the situation, the organisation hung a pair of rugby employees out to dry in front of the press. By  doing that, they showed themselves for what they are- I'd best not use the adjectives I want to. 

What alternative did they have? Send no one & risk a fine? The media were all briefed beforehand that no questions would be answered surrounding the situation.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:44pm
terrific timing launching the pro 14 six games into the season.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 3:58pm
RWC??? Stars not available? 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

What alternative did they have? Send no one & risk a fine? The media were all briefed beforehand that no questions would be answered surrounding the situation.
The media has a right to ask in fact it was their duty to ask. Andrew Millward should have fronted up. It was unfair to send Richie Pugh 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:15pm
If there is a legal matter outstanding it didn't make difference who attended, the answer would have been the same. I would have expected all the senior management in the Liberty sorting "the mess" out, and that is where they should be not in a Pro 14 function.

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

The media has a right to ask in fact it was their duty to ask. Andrew Millward should have fronted up. It was unfair to send Richie Pugh 

Very good point.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 130>
  Share Topic