Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 87>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well that was interesting. Clearly Rob Davies is impressed by the way the PRB is being run so surely that is good news. Whether his comments on CVC & a British & Irish league in 2022 will come back to bite him remains to be seen. 

I still do not share some fellow posters feelings that all is doom and gloom at the Ospreys. Conduct issues, & clearly Rob Davies who has been around for 40 years feels this matter is pretty serious, are notoriously difficult to deal with. I also thought Millward's explanation as to why Hook & one of the coaches attended the pro 14 meeting was understandable, a bit naiive but understandable. 

One thing I would put a tenner on is that there won't be much between the two sides on Boxing Day for all the Ospreys doom & gloom forecasts. 
I want the Ospreys to succeed as a strong opposition will lift us and stop any talks about mergers.
What I can’t understand though is the innuendo from Davies in the press conference on how hard done by they were compared to other regions. 
The Ospreys have obtained Welsh internationals from other regions as well as from English teams are they saying they had no help form WRU I find that very hard to believe.
He moans we get more money, we’ll at the moment we are supplying the most players to Wales so surely even he can see that is fair.
I think they have gone away from blooding the youngsters at the right time and this has cost them dear.
Compare the quality of their squad to ours and how many of our players are home produced and playing at a better level.
I hope they take a long hard look at themselves before continuing to blame others for their predicament.
If it is close on Boxing day then we have had a shocker even with their intls back we should really put them to the sword. 

North, Bradley Davies and Lydiate All came to the O's on dual contracts. At one time, even Dan Baker and Rory Thornton were on dual contracts whilst there. 

Dual contracts were abolished, but hey ho, the O's sign Anscombe, then say they can't afford AWJ, so the  PRB resurrect the Dual Contract, but only for AWJ who is at the O's.

Davies bleated that their funding had gone down £900k. No it hasn't, they're getting £450k per season to pay for AWJ. That was agreed for 2 seasons. That's £900k I think. Or have they got the maths wrong on that as well. 
AWJ’s wage doesn’t count as part of their funding as he’ll barely play for them so in effect he’s a ‘team wales’ player who’s licensed out to the Ospreys to keep match fitness.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 6:41pm
Yes, up to 10 games a year.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 6:50pm
So they basically get a world class player, paid for them to appear ten times a season plus then they get the income derived from marketing and shirt sales with him being one of the most recognisable players....not bad. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 7:18pm
It’s not great though really.

It’s great for the player though.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well that was interesting. Clearly Rob Davies is impressed by the way the PRB is being run so surely that is good news. Whether his comments on CVC & a British & Irish league in 2022 will come back to bite him remains to be seen. 

I still do not share some fellow posters feelings that all is doom and gloom at the Ospreys. Conduct issues, & clearly Rob Davies who has been around for 40 years feels this matter is pretty serious, are notoriously difficult to deal with. I also thought Millward's explanation as to why Hook & one of the coaches attended the pro 14 meeting was understandable, a bit naiive but understandable. 

One thing I would put a tenner on is that there won't be much between the two sides on Boxing Day for all the Ospreys doom & gloom forecasts. 
I want the Ospreys to succeed as a strong opposition will lift us and stop any talks about mergers.
What I can’t understand though is the innuendo from Davies in the press conference on how hard done by they were compared to other regions. 
The Ospreys have obtained Welsh internationals from other regions as well as from English teams are they saying they had no help form WRU I find that very hard to believe.
He moans we get more money, we’ll at the moment we are supplying the most players to Wales so surely even he can see that is fair.
I think they have gone away from blooding the youngsters at the right time and this has cost them dear.
Compare the quality of their squad to ours and how many of our players are home produced and playing at a better level.
I hope they take a long hard look at themselves before continuing to blame others for their predicament.
If it is close on Boxing day then we have had a shocker even with their intls back we should really put them to the sword. 

North, Bradley Davies and Lydiate All came to the O's on dual contracts. At one time, even Dan Baker and Rory Thornton were on dual contracts whilst there. 

Dual contracts were abolished, but hey ho, the O's sign Anscombe, then say they can't afford AWJ, so the  PRB resurrect the Dual Contract, but only for AWJ who is at the O's.

Davies bleated that their funding had gone down £900k. No it hasn't, they're getting £450k per season to pay for AWJ. That was agreed for 2 seasons. That's £900k I think. Or have they got the maths wrong on that as well. 
AWJ’s wage doesn’t count as part of their funding as he’ll barely play for them so in effect he’s a ‘team wales’ player who’s licensed out to the Ospreys to keep match fitness.

This is precisely my point. He's not part of their funding. His wages are on top of their funding. So their funding is boosted. They get a player for nowt! 
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 9:08pm
Foxy gets about 10 games in can we have him as a freebie?
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Foxy gets about 10 games in can we have him as a freebie?
We do right now as he’s injured!!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 1:00pm
This is all very well, but after catching some of the Os top brass being interviewed (film shown on Scrum V) I now want an answer to the really BIG question of the day, which is this:

Below the desk level, was Andy Millward wearing lederhosen to match his jacket? I think we should be told!
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 6:58pm
Just watched Wales Today and they mentioned that the Ospreys had signed Neil Ruddock to help out with the coaching, a good move I think.  
It will make our Boxing Day match harder than it possibly would have been, although I am always worried about the Ospreys games as they have a psychological edge on us most of the time and often have Nigel in the middle giving them any 50/50 decisions.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Just watched Wales Today and they mentioned that the Ospreys had signed Neil Ruddock to help out with the coaching, a good move I think.  
It will make our Boxing Day match harder than it possibly would have been, although I am always worried about the Ospreys games as they have a psychological edge on us most of the time and often have Nigel in the middle giving them any 50/50 decisions.
really looking forward to welcoming neil razor Ruddock to the parc.LOLLOLLOL
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:22pm

Neil Ruddock?? Mike Ruddock??
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:35pm
I’m not sure if Razor might not be what’s needed tbh...legend.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:54pm

Alun Wyn and North back for the Christmas Derby games.  Angry
Keep the faith
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:55pm
If North brings his RWC form, happy days.

Not a given, but they both played when we beat them at the Parc last season. 

Edited by ap sior - 02 December 2019 at 7:57pm
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Oops, that’s a slip of the tongue, but let’s be fair, it’s an easy mistake to make.  Plus it would be a fun appointment wouldn’t it!
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 9:22am

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Oops, that’s a slip of the tongue, but let’s be fair, it’s an easy mistake to make.  Plus it would be a fun appointment wouldn’t it!

It would put a smile on peoples faces😁😁😁
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 87>
  Share Topic